Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Productive and fun workplace

Most of my colleagues are helpful and we work as a teamGood management Great/awesome ownerEasy and enjoyable while doing the tasksEverything is manageable

Co-workers are friendly and work place environments are really fantastic.

My first day of work was June 14, 2010, as a cashier. I did not have any knowledge about the Cash counting job and also did not any knowledge about the cash register. Our Manager taught us how to use a cash register and a credit/debit card. She also taught us how to fill up the cooler and display our inventory on the shelves. I also learned from her about 4P(Price, Product, Promotion and Place). She told me that the 4ps is the most important element for marketing. Our co-worker was friendly and helpful. Any types of problem, they helped me a lot. The hardest part of the job was how to handle the customer. Our Manager told us that our five fingers are not the same. So all customers are not the same. Customers' satisfaction is the enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Any holiday our salary 1.5 times.Free Coffee, Slush and also year end gift, I Really enjoy people and all different walks of life

Cons

Always working under pressure, I may also be required to lift and carry heavy boxes in the course of duties, Difficult customers, Long hours, Monotonous task and Low pay.

It is a high stress environment with poor management

The best part about working at husky was my regular customers, They are loyal clientele whom of which appreciated and often acknowledged our hard work, complimented how clean our station was, and loved that we would remember faces and preemptively would get their usual purchases ready for them when we saw them pull up I will miss my customers and my coworkers, but the management made it it all not worth the trouble in the end.

Not at all funny, no growth

There is no growth at all. I started working there 2 years ago. when I dropped i still at the cashier. The mangers only listen to those who butter them. Even a 2-month notice for holiday is not enough.

good job at husky energy

i learned many things from my husky job . my manager is so nice and good in nature . overall is my great experience with them . i worked at night my job was so good. working environment was so good and safe .

Easy Workplace

Worked for Husky Energy and enjoyed every minute of it. Husky allowed me grow my career and develop with technical and leadership courses. If I had the opportunity to work there again I would.

Great and fun people to work for

Typical day at work would be described as fun, management was a ball to work with they were like one of us they got down and dirty too! The days went by so fast an 8 hour shift was like a 4 always busy always different

good work provided

this is a good company.it has a good environment for employees as well as customers to feel comfortable to work and to do shopping there.its a good experience to work there to increase my working and communication skills there.

Pros

good working environment

Fun company to work for

All employees are treated equally.You get treated with appreciation and respect. Friendly staff and co workers.Your hard work is acknowledged. And you receive full benefits.

Pros

Friendly enviroment

having wonderful experience with the people around me love their company when working with them.

it was my wonderful experience in my life. have learned so much things with the co-workers. the most enjoyable part of the job is always smiling and greeting people with love and respect.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

Great learning experience in a busy environment

Working at Husky was an overall great experience. Management's organization and willingness to help, made the experience far more interesting and fun.

Pros

Schedule flexibility

Cons

Standing for a long period

Husky

currently, i am employee of the husky energy. i am working as cashier so i learn lot of things like how to interact with customer in qualitative manner and how to develop customer relationships. so, it teach me too many things and I am thankful to that manager for giving me this kind of opportunity.

easy going and great custumer exerence gined

normal day at work would be a 10 hour shift serving custumers, cleaning the store, restocking the shelfs and counting lottrey and smokes , i learned alot about how to handle a unhappy custumer

Fast Paced & Meeting new people

I loved working at husky, It was fast paced & I got to meet new people all the time & had regulars I talked too daily. Cleaning & stocking, Selling lottery & cigarettes.

Pros

Free Slushes & Coffee

Cons

Boss Sold Buisness

It's alright

pay is minimum. and work is headache. specially counting the smokes daily. you have to deal with cleaning, restocking, serving costumers, and shipments all alone

Pros

meet new people

Cons

sit in the same spot for the whole day

place to meet new people

Husky Gas station was a good fun part time job. Its a one man job place, which kind of gets boring after a while. It usually gets busy over the weekend, especially when the gas price goes down.

Pros

Get to work alone

Cons

the salary

Decent place to work at

- A typical day at work would be okay, it would have good customers coming in, it was good to see the regular customers - I learned that even though there would be customers that came in and were not so nice, to be nice to them anyway, you never know what that person's day has been. You might just brighten theirs. - My co-workers were great - The hardest part of the job was keeping a smile and a nice manner when there was a not so happy customer, but of course we have to keep that smile going because like I said who knows what their day has been like, I'd like to always keep that in mind - The most enjoyable part of the job was, seeing those regular customers, or even the customers I had not seen before that became regular customers, and just putting smiles on peoples faces

Pros

Met good people, Had nice regular customers

Fast Paced and sometimes challenging

Typically from start time of 630 am inventory of tobacco and lottery were completed, tills were counted and morning reports were filled out for Manager. Coffee station kept clean and full and quickly and courteously processed customer transactions. Second staff member would arrive by 800 am stocking would be done ordering would be completed. Lot, store and washrooms would be inspected and cleaned.Learn about new promos and assist manager any way possible.The most enjoyable part of the job were the customers.The toughest part of the job was trying to please the secret shoppers that came into the store.

Pros

extended health care was paid

Cons

on feet for 8 hours straight no chance to sit for a break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement