Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier

Husky is a awsome place to work, i would run the tills and make sure the cuatomers were satisfied with their experience, always kept the shop clean and tidy and in order, the team i work with were fantastic

Good experience to have in dealing with different kind of customers

Nice start for newcomers or who is looking for a job with not much requirements and experiences , however the work environment is good if you follow the safety precautions

Lots of regulars, busy in the mornings slower in the afternoons.

I always worked evening shift and the job for most part was really laid back. daily duties besides cashier involve cleaning of the store and maintenance task that may arise. Pretty typical of all cashier jobs.

it was a place with full of fun.

i like to deal the people so it was a having fun activity for me to deal the customers. i got a good experience to work with the different kind of people.

good environment

friendly staff and very cooperative, by working here I feel like home and they are very respectful toward their workers as well as customers. You must visit their site to feel it.

gained experience

learned how to handle difficult situation. management is pretty good. everyone is helpful. hardest part is when there are less employee and range of customers is too much.

husky

pump gas fill the cooler stock the shelves order the smokes order movies fill count lottery close the store at end of the night count smokes every mornin

Part time fit

I do part time at here for two years and it is day work shift. It is valuable to chat with neighbors and be friends with them. The pumps experienced technical issues which is quite often and requires long time to get repaired.

It was interesting.

My boss wasn't the nicest. He discriminated against me for colouring my hair blue/green, and said it i didn't colour it back or to a regular colour then he would fire me.

best place to work

I was great to work at husky gas station. A typical condition at work place is in winter time as i was working at full services.I learn many thing but one think i learn is to give good srevices.I was good work places and every body respect me.

Really good for the growth

I got the chance to work in the team. I got the chance to help customers. helped me in enhancing my speaking skills. I learned to manage time. the workplace was really good. my employer makes sure that this is safe for work. the hardest part of the job was during night time as its the time when most of the crimes happen. the most enjoyable part of the job was that I got chance to serve customers.

Mediocre experience, lack of workplace culture

The area that I worked in wasn't particularly that safe and was typically only staffed with one person even when two would be better for both customers and workers.

Pros

Learn how to deal with high paced and stressful environments

Cons

Depending on location unsafe, small and tight work environment

Hated it

It was fast, disorganized and my hours always got cut. I was working there before the new management came into play so that might be a changing factor.

Pros

Free Slushies

Cons

Disorganized

Great job but terrible co-worker.

It was great i had 40 hours a week and had a great boss. Many times i was unable to finish all of my closing duties because i had a terrible Co-Worker.

Pros

Employee discount, worked around my school schedule

Cons

Co-Worker was lazy, never got weekends off, i could sleep in.

Good

Good company to work for. The only cons would be if you're not a people person. This job can be really fun and a great way to keep up with the community (working from a station in a village)

Pros

No uncomfortable uniform

good place, fun working

it was great working in Husky Gas station but just looking for something new and want to build up my experience in something else. I am still working here it is great opportunity but m not looking to work here as my carrier.

Cons

short hours

exciting workplace, learn lots of things which I can not learn from books

overall, it is a great experience of working as cashier at the husky gas station. Everyday, I meet with new people and learn about their culture and type of people. I also learn how deal with the different type of customers. My co-workers are really good. I understand their needs and motivate them to do good. for example, one of my co-worker needs money then I told him to do work outside and interact politely with people. so that they give you tips. I also motivate him by giving him feedback that he is doing very good and very soon you will buy your own car. The hardest part of my job is when i have to sit free in night shifts. I will use my time to do cleaning and dusting. The most enjoyable part of my job is to interact with people and learn how to deal with the customers and how to motivate my co-workers.

Pros

learn new things about people and how to deal with them.

Cons

get the little bit free time to sit free in night shifts

Fun

Communicate with all typ of people Making a conversation Making everyone happy Checking of everything Atention for all the place Repict and smiling to all customers

Pros

Free lunch

First job

It was my first job and I did it a while ago. My mom owned the location so everyday after school I would go there and work for a few hours.

fun place to work

Everyday started with cleaning the aisles and stocking the shelves, my co-worker and manager were really helpful and kind. Some days when I use to be the cashier it would get annoying when, I was alone and there was no one their to assist me.

Pros

Good Hours, Nice Co-Workers

Fun Place.

Overall it was a nice experience. Had good co workers with proper reasonable hours Very likable Job with alright pay The Only bad thing about the job is that there is barely any time for a break Would work there again

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Break Time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement