Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier31 reviews
Canada31 reviews
Nice start for newcomers or who is looking for a job with not much requirements and experiences , however the work environment is good if you follow the safety precautions
Husky is a awsome place to work, i would run the tills and make sure the cuatomers were satisfied with their experience, always kept the shop clean and tidy and in order, the team i work with were fantastic
I always worked evening shift and the job for most part was really laid back. daily duties besides cashier involve cleaning of the store and maintenance task that may arise. Pretty typical of all cashier jobs.
i like to deal the people so it was a having fun activity for me to deal the customers. i got a good experience to work with the different kind of people.
friendly staff and very cooperative, by working here I feel like home and they are very respectful toward their workers as well as customers. You must visit their site to feel it.
learned how to handle difficult situation. management is pretty good.
everyone is helpful. hardest part is when there are less employee and range of customers is too much.
pump gas
fill the cooler

stock the shelves

order the smokes

order movies

fill count lottery

close the store at end of the night

count smokes every mornin
I do part time at here for two years and it is day work shift. It is valuable to chat with neighbors and be friends with them. The pumps experienced technical issues which is quite often and requires long time to get repaired.
My boss wasn't the nicest. He discriminated against me for colouring my hair blue/green, and said it i didn't colour it back or to a regular colour then he would fire me.
I was great to work at husky gas station. A typical condition at work place is in winter time as i was working at full services.I learn many thing but one think i learn is to give good srevices.I was good work places and every body respect me.
I got the chance to work in the team. I got the chance to help customers. helped me in enhancing my speaking skills. I learned to manage time. the workplace was really good. my employer makes sure that this is safe for work. the hardest part of the job was during night time as its the time when most of the crimes happen. the most enjoyable part of the job was that I got chance to serve customers.
The area that I worked in wasn't particularly that safe and was typically only staffed with one person even when two would be better for both customers and workers.
Pros
Learn how to deal with high paced and stressful environments
Cons
Depending on location unsafe, small and tight work environment
It was fast, disorganized and my hours always got cut. I was working there before the new management came into play so that might be a changing factor.
Pros
Free Slushies
Cons
Disorganized
It was great i had 40 hours a week and had a great boss. Many times i was unable to finish all of my closing duties because i had a terrible Co-Worker.
Pros
Employee discount, worked around my school schedule
Cons
Co-Worker was lazy, never got weekends off, i could sleep in.
Good company to work for. The only cons would be if you're not a people person. This job can be really fun and a great way to keep up with the community (working from a station in a village)
Pros
No uncomfortable uniform
it was great working in Husky Gas station but just looking for something new and want to build up my experience in something else. I am still working here it is great opportunity but m not looking to work here as my carrier.
Cons
short hours
overall, it is a great experience of working as cashier at the husky gas station. Everyday, I meet with new people and learn about their culture and type of people. I also learn how deal with the different type of customers. My co-workers are really good. I understand their needs and motivate them to do good. for example, one of my co-worker needs money then I told him to do work outside and interact politely with people. so that they give you tips. I also motivate him by giving him feedback that he is doing very good and very soon you will buy your own car. The hardest part of my job is when i have to sit free in night shifts. I will use my time to do cleaning and dusting. The most enjoyable part of my job is to interact with people and learn how to deal with the customers and how to motivate my co-workers.
Pros
learn new things about people and how to deal with them.
Cons
get the little bit free time to sit free in night shifts
Communicate with all typ of people

Making a conversation

Making everyone happy

Checking of everything

Atention for all the place

Repict and smiling to all customers
Pros
Free lunch
Everyday started with cleaning the aisles and stocking the shelves, my co-worker and manager were really helpful and kind. Some days when I use to be the cashier it would get annoying when, I was alone and there was no one their to assist me.
Pros
Good Hours, Nice Co-Workers
Cons
Overall it was a nice experience. Had good co workers with proper reasonable hours Very likable Job with alright pay The Only bad thing about the job is that there is barely any time for a break Would work there again
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Break Time
good environment, best customers, it is an 24 hours store so i can work at nights shifts too. learned a lot of things, speed up in my work and very safe place to work.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
9 - 10 hours shift