Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy
Happiness score is 68 out of 100Average

Husky Energy Employee Reviews in Lloydminster, SK

Productive fun workspace

I enjoy the relax environment at Husky and the benefits and salary were some of the best i have experienced as a women in the business administration workforce.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

I was only Temporary therefore no position to return to after my maternity leave

Brutal

ToxicBackstabbing All they want to hear is yes,they don’t want opinions other than the ones management has. They preach work life balance, in reality they want employees to be at their beck and call 24/7.

Pros

Cons

Just being there

Good benefits but poor work culture

It’s a great corporate with lots of benefits. But the work culture is quite bad. They say diversity and inclusiveness but just in words. It’s quite tough to work outside the corporate offices.

Pros

Great benefits and salary package

Cons

Poor work culture

Rewarding summer job

I was given the opportunity to learn various software, make presentations and at the end pass on knowledge to peers, senior engineers and managers. It was a great opportunity for me, people loved my work. I had managers coming from Calgary to Lloydminster to see me in person and learn about the pilot project I worked on.

Great place to work and learn

Husky has a great collaborative work culture, where professional growth and taking initiatives are encouraged and appreciated. The compensation package is competitive and benefits are great. Exploring various roles even outside of your expertise is encouraged which allows you to expand your professional experience. Great leadership, training and very positive environment overall.

Challenging and fair work environment.

I was proud to be contracted by such a prominent oilfield company. They have an impeccable safety culture which is something I strive for. A typical day at work consisted of meeting with crews, safety meeting, JSA's and going over policies ans procedures. Then following programs to safely complete jobs in a timely fashion. Management was great to work with and fair at all times. There was always a strong line of communication with Management and Engineers to safely complete jobs in a timely and cost efficient manner.

Productive and supportive group

The Commissioning group can be very demanding for time and schedule, but the pay rate made it worthwhile. When i started with this group the management were a lot more team orientated, but as the group expanded it became more of a structural management pyramid instead of a team.

Good leadership

In good times company is wiling to train and educate its people. New culture focus is on safety, reliability and accountability although still very reactive.

Productive workplace with lots of opportunity

Husky really promotes hardworking individuals and provides ample opportunities for employees to find the best fit for individual skill sets. The company is a bit top heavy so it takes a lot of time to make game changing decisions. A lot of good ideas loose steam and result in loss of work and time. People are great to work with as general employee mindset is positive.

Great place to learn.

You are given a lot of responsibility. You can learn a lot if you capitalize on it. You also get to interface with a lot of other engineering disciplines.

Jobs at Husky Energy

in Lloydminster, SK
See more jobs

worked there for my practicum as an Operator

I loved working for husky, it was my practicum so i didn't receive pay or benefits but i very much enjoyed my 240 hours out there and would definitely like to work there in my near future if the opportunity arises.

diverse safety and training and company leadership

It has been the best part of my life working at the Lloydminster upgrader, with a wonderful group of people. I am proud to have had the opportunities and experiences and training in the 26 years of employment. The company is highly diverse and encouraged personal advancement. Huskyenergy was a very inclusive company for minority’s . I am witness to this , for I am native , treaty 6 and a women starting at a time when there were few. With grass root startup experience since 1991. I was given Safety and Vermilion Fire training while working with the company . I was impressed how the company grew over the years and I am thankful for everything I have gained working for Huskyenergy .

Pros

safety awards, employee recognition for anniversary dates with the company

Cons

Very flexible and good working environment

Very good management and flexible working hours. Free to take your own decisions with sense of accountability and ownership. A lot of learning opportunity within the team and outside the team.

Supportive Management Team

Working at Husky Energy as an intern was a great experience that introduced me to the technical engineering side of projects and was able to develop my skills under the supervision of a supportive management team.

Pros

Great Team Atmosphere, Great Management Team, Good Benefits

Great place to work.

While at Husky I learned a lot about the industry and Husky always made sure to keep up to date training for employees. Information and processes are updated and shared throughout the organization through SharePoint and all programs are easily accessible to all employees. Overall Husky Energy is a great place to work.

Pros

Training was available for all.

Cons

Not all business units are run in the same manner.

JOB Security

Currently on contract, no job security. My contract is for 1 year, therefore, after 1 year which is Feb 2019, I will be looking for another job. Crrently company is on a hiring freeze, so no good news for contract job workers.

Friendly work setting

Volunteering Over time work is available Training is variable choice and paid by company including allowance Safety concern is priority and keep it stable

Fun and flexible workplace at Husky

It is a really fun place to work in. Good team environment and work culture to be in. Great and supportive management. Lots of learning opportunities with day-to-day job.

Good pay, but some poor company practices

Workloads tended to be heavy Lots of new technology Management was substandard Not much positive feedback Hard to deal with the increasing paperwork

Pros

Well paid

Cons

struggle to advance

Management and culture is designed for engineering advancement.

Company has a history of hiring experienced highly skilled personnel but once these people are hired they will not trust there experience and knowledge but instead need to validate these people with outside opinions. Calgary has many engineers that do not know subject matter and will not listen to SME. They like to go there own way and have a history of do things until caught methodology.

Pros

Good wages and benefits

Cons

Management and culture

A challenging place to work in

The organization is currently improving on documentation and standardization of processes. Everyone therefore is expected to work above and beyond their normal designation. This reduces personal time and increases the workload of most employees. The work is generally stable with with less chances of layoffs. Lots of new projects should keep people busy for the next couple of years. Expect to talk freely about your family and how you spend your weekends and holidays! Pay may not be as attractive as peers.

Pros

Relaxed work environment, Challenging work load (could be a negative as well!), Relatively stable job, Multiple new projects ongoing and in view.

Cons

Less pay than peers, less allowances especially for maintenance professionals, heavy work load

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement