Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews in Fort McMurray, AB

Productive and fun workplace

Most of my colleagues are helpful and we work as a teamGood management Great/awesome ownerEasy and enjoyable while doing the tasksEverything is manageable

Productive and busy

Good place to work, nice camp and the travel accommodations were good. The company built a world class SAGD operation and treats the employees good. The pay is competitive.

Bad Management

Terrible management. Budget cuts mean worker cuts Contractors constantly having to take pay cuts. You must develop a culture of saying yes or you will be the first on the exit list. HR ignored complaints made by workers about poor management.

Great Job

Working as a chem lab technician was an amazing opportunity and I am very grateful. The culture at work was unmatched and set a very high bar for future employers.

Pros

Ot, Long Hours, free living

Great place to work. Great work environment nice camp with good facilities. Very professional site and safety is most important if you break a rule you will likely be dismissed.

Husky takes pride in their work! Treats workers with respect, very safe and productive environment to work in.

My day consisted ensuring work scopes were being executed in the safest and most productive possible manner . I learned a great deal while working on the Husky sunrise project ensuring The planned and scheduled goals were achieved.

Pros

Flexible schedule enabled me to spend more time with my family

Cons

the Only potential con is that the Husky sunrise was in a remote location

A fun place to work. Team oriented environment.

Worked for Husky in the Canadian Oil Sands area. Project was extremely interesting. The Project Team knew the business and how to treat people. Working at Husky was a great experience. Great learning experience with strong mentors.

Generous salary, challenging work environment at times

Fly-In/out scheduling and work is frustrating. I learned a fair amount and was adequately compensated so I think that Husky has an adequate balance to the lifestyle required of the job, as long as one is suited to the work.

Great company to work with

Learned a lot, enjoyed my work and was compensated fairly. The travel to and from work was not enjoyable. The relocation package didn't allow for relocation to better flight connection other than city locations that didn't suit my family lifestyle.

Pros

good wages

Cons

travel arrangements were difficult

Enjoy the hotel cheaper price for a night

Great to work with my manager and colleagues. We have a potluck every month with your own specialty, and celebrates birthday of the same month with a cake.

Pros

Free coffee and good privilege pay less to stay in the hotel

Cons

no overtime

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Husky Energy?

Fast paced, Excellent facilities/Camp site, Great office space

As a key player of teams in Husky Energy Project Controls I successfully worked on multi-million dollar projects (Husky Sunrise Phase 1) and multiple small sustaining projects. I came across many challenges, stood up, accepted them and delivering positive outcomes

not a good place to work

Poor management, poor communication, always cutting back. Contractors treated badly, promised bonuses were cancelled. Two pay cuts in 12 months. Camp life was none existent.

great work with Husky

I worked with Husky Energy under the Husky Sunrise Quality Team and Husky people are all great and cooperative in term of any situation comes out. My Manager is very supportive and the Construction Team as well. I can say, its a good team work.

Pros

free Fly in and Fly out

Great Place to Work

Learned a lot about SAGD. Great new challenge to help further my tools for any employment opportunities which may come my way

Good place to learn how not to design processes.

A typical 12 hour day on a 7/7 work schedule. Learned about design errors by contract EPC company. Management was well structured. Co-workers were junior and in-experienced. Hardest pert of the job was learning the electronic filing system. Most enjoyable part of the job was succeeding where others had failed.

Pros

7/7 day in/out work schedule

Cons

a great place to work.great camp,clean,good food.nice gym.clean safe job site.

a great bunch of guys.The camp was great,your own bath,food was great,clean.Safety meetings were very informative.and gave a safe place to work.

Pros

great comunication

Cons

job security

Twin SAGD plants, good facilities.

As Mechanical EPCM Supervisor for Husky Mechanical/Preservation I deal with all trades and Vendors. I am involved with Preservation, Pre-commissioning and make decisions daily on pump alignments, strains. I write procedures for contractors to complete work and work directly with Engineering and upper Management to resolve conflicts. I am fortunate to have peers that are very professional and have made lifelong friends at site. The hardest part of my job is procuring materials in an isolated enviroment. The most enjoyable part of my job is bringing equipment from reciept to successful commissioning. I am proficient with all QA/QC processes and have had the opportunity to hold that title as well.

Pros

Learning and meeting new people

Cons

Isolation

Husky Sunrise Project

Working at the Husky has been a challenging position, but no success is prevailed without hard work. I have learned many valuable assets that will help me in the future. Overall great job, people, and company to work for.

Challenging and rewarding work environment

The organizational culture that Husky provides is a fast paced, challenging and rewarding learning environment. Husky encourages their employees to draw upon the experience and knowledge of their coworkers in order to grow themselves and the their teams.

Lousy Management at Sunrise

I think the leadership is extremely poor at Sunrise. They should be removed from site immediately. There is NO communication between the various leaders. Very disorganzed, confused place to work,. And getting access to systems is impossible. It takes months to get the access required. They almost need to remove everyone from site (on the Husky side) and hire competent people.

Pros

Camp is good

Cons

Leadership, communication is absolutely terrible.

Turnover Analyst

My days are busy and adapting to constant changes. Working in a fast paced environment and working under pressures every day. I have learned advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and Word and prioritizing my days to work efficiently.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement