Husky Energy

Husky Energy Employee Reviews

It was a good Company until the upper management try to make it work like an European company, they couldn't adjust to North American way to be.
Pros
Cons
No offices, just cubicules
This is a difficult place to work as the goals are constantly changing. There really is only way to survive. Arrive do your job and do not think your input matters. So many meetings and rules and finger pointing when things go wrong. You are just a number creative problem solving is left to further up the structure.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Way to many bosses buddy favorites
It is a place where you can learn a lot. People are respectful but there are many politics among management and capital is restricted. Peers can be very helpful and friendly and you can make long lasting friendships with some of your peers. Difficult to get promoted and not too much transparency between the team and the management so it makes it difficult to achieve your goals.
ToxicBackstabbing All they want to hear is yes,they don’t want opinions other than the ones management has. They preach work life balance, in reality they want employees to be at their beck and call 24/7.
Pros
Cons
Just being there
Good for learning and applying your skills. Management is overall supportive. Instability in Oil and Gas market makes it difficult to survive for company and employees, but company is trying to work out better for employees.
Pros
Matured Supply Chain Organization
Cons
Process driven at times makes it difficult to work things not warranted.
Most of my colleagues are helpful and we work as a teamGood management Great/awesome ownerEasy and enjoyable while doing the tasksEverything is manageable
My first day of work was June 14, 2010, as a cashier. I did not have any knowledge about the Cash counting job and also did not any knowledge about the cash register. Our Manager taught us how to use a cash register and a credit/debit card. She also taught us how to fill up the cooler and display our inventory on the shelves. I also learned from her about 4P(Price, Product, Promotion and Place). She told me that the 4ps is the most important element for marketing. Our co-worker was friendly and helpful. Any types of problem, they helped me a lot. The hardest part of the job was how to handle the customer. Our Manager told us that our five fingers are not the same. So all customers are not the same. Customers' satisfaction is the enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Any holiday our salary 1.5 times.Free Coffee, Slush and also year end gift, I Really enjoy people and all different walks of life
Cons
Always working under pressure, I may also be required to lift and carry heavy boxes in the course of duties, Difficult customers, Long hours, Monotonous task and Low pay.
I love working at Husky. I have an amazing boss along with staff that are amazing to work with and always make everyone feel welcome. A healthy and happy environment. Also, a clean and sanitary environment
Husky is a great company that offers plenty of room to grow. I have been working with them for the past 5+ years and have enjoyed my time here. Id recommend working here.
I was a wrench pulling field maintenance worker, changing vales one day and gathering garbage the next. The next thing I know, I was asked to meet with the maintenance supervisor for a job opportunity because I knew my way around a computer and was fairly knowledgeable with windows software and Microsoft office. I had an informal interview with my supervisor and was asked if I would consider taking the position of maintenance planner because of the recommendations of some of my co-workers. I was given a short probation period to see if I could make the cut, in which I surpassed their expectations. A substantial pay raise was given and I had my own office, I was on my way to a new career and further advancement within Husky.
Pros
Excellent pay, Benefits, work atmosphere and culture, made to feel like you are wanted and important
Cons
There arn't any.
Husky is a good company to work for. Unfortunately I got lat off back in April, if I have the chance I will be back working with Husky, I really like what I did there
Working at Husky Slave Lake District was a great experience Great people it was just like one big family , it was by far the best place that I have worked
Pros
Family came first
Cons
Shut down the field
I enjoy the relax environment at Husky and the benefits and salary were some of the best i have experienced as a women in the business administration workforce.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
I was only Temporary therefore no position to return to after my maternity leave
It’s a great corporate with lots of benefits. But the work culture is quite bad. They say diversity and inclusiveness but just in words. It’s quite tough to work outside the corporate offices.
Pros
Great benefits and salary package
Cons
Poor work culture
I was given the opportunity to learn various software, make presentations and at the end pass on knowledge to peers, senior engineers and managers. It was a great opportunity for me, people loved my work. I had managers coming from Calgary to Lloydminster to see me in person and learn about the pilot project I worked on.
Husky is a awsome place to work, i would run the tills and make sure the cuatomers were satisfied with their experience, always kept the shop clean and tidy and in order, the team i work with were fantastic
Multi-talented consistently rewarded for success in planning and operational improvements. Experience in policy development and staff management procedures positively impacting overall morale and productivity.
Contract workers are not recognized for the work they do. Even though the company speaks on diversity - they should also include Contract Workers as part of "Diversity" as they are not treated equally.
Good place to work, nice camp and the travel accommodations were good. The company built a world class SAGD operation and treats the employees good. The pay is competitive.
As with any large company it has it's pro and cons to the work environment. Some very good people work there that make it enjoyable. Interesting projects with a diverse asset base.
Husky has a great collaborative work culture, where professional growth and taking initiatives are encouraged and appreciated. The compensation package is competitive and benefits are great. Exploring various roles even outside of your expertise is encouraged which allows you to expand your professional experience. Great leadership, training and very positive environment overall.
  1. Employee reviews