Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Learn lots
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2018
Learn a lot for the internship, supportive coworkers and management. The work can be repetitive but there are plenty of work to be done to keep busy.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
hiring freeze
Strong and Diversified productions but silo working culture
Staff Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Last 5 years, I was working as tech service support process engineer to have great experience working on natural gas, pipelines, water treating, procurement chemical vendor reviews.

Most of projects were pretty challenging, like trouble shooting, providing cold eye review to MOC, HAZOP process support. Because we were not dealing with day to day normal operations but more hard or even worst scenarios requested by operation teams.

By doing that, I had to increase and balance my process skills in a wide and broad range to handle work loads from operations. Really learned lot and generated massive cost savings to operations teams.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Marking became more essential even as engineers
Friendly, fast-paced, with room to grow.
Interface and Concrete Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 November 2018
Husky offers lot of avenues for professional growth and is filled with workers who genuinely want to be there - the enthusiasm is palpable. Huge emphasis on safety and diversity is another big win.
JOB Security
Customer Experience Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK26 October 2018
Currently on contract, no job security. My contract is for 1 year, therefore, after 1 year which is Feb 2019, I will be looking for another job. Crrently company is on a hiring freeze, so no good news for contract job workers.
Friendly work setting
Instrument Tech (Coop) (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK7 October 2018
Volunteering Over time work is available
Training is variable choice and paid by company including allowance
Safety concern is priority and keep it stable
Learned alot
Gas Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Standard, AB27 September 2018
I learned a lot at Husky. They are definitely about there employees learning and succeeding. They make sure that we are all taken care of with food, benefits, home and work balance
excellent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 September 2018
excellent must work envoirment helpful employer and willing to provide all help
pay salary is also good

must work envoirment willingness to do under pressure
Great company to work for
Supply Chain Management Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2018
Husky Energy is a great employer with a number of growth opportunities. Being a big company still has somewhat small company fill. People within the organization are great.
It is a fun place to work and learn new things.
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
I have learned a lot of new things with the husky. I was able to improve my communication skills. The most fun part is that you meet a lot of new customers daily. The management is very good and helping. Overall experience is very good.
Cons
No benefits
Fun and flexible workplace at Husky
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK27 August 2018
It is a really fun place to work in. Good team environment and work culture to be in. Great and supportive management. Lots of learning opportunities with day-to-day job.
Wonderful workplace and very supportive staff.
Intern Electrical / Engineering co-op (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 August 2018
I had an excellent experience of working at Husky Energy. Husky provided me required training before they send me to visit sites. Also team members at Husky were very supportive.
great people to work with
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada21 August 2018
I enjoy the time with Husky, great place, nice people. friendly and relax working environment. five star work/life balance. great salary and benefits.
Great and fun people to work for
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 August 2018
Typical day at work would be described as fun, management was a ball to work with they were like one of us they got down and dirty too! The days went by so fast an 8 hour shift was like a 4 always busy always different
Great manager, bad culture for cliques
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2018
Loved working here, made some great friends that I am still friends with today. There was a bit of a clique-type culture which was difficult to navigate at times.
Loved working with my manager/supervisor and the more senior ladies and one gent in my group.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Clique type culture
A fun place to work. Team oriented environment.
Construction Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 July 2018
Worked for Husky in the Canadian Oil Sands area. Project was extremely interesting. The Project Team knew the business and how to treat people.

Working at Husky was a great experience. Great learning experience with strong mentors.
Very cooperative and helpful office and field staff
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2018
I enjoyed working at Husky Energy. Most of my time at Husky was as a single consultancy working 24/7 on a 3/1 rotational basis. When it was required that two consultants were required on the well site my alternate was knowledgeable and courteous.
Management and culture is designed for engineering advancement.
Measurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK18 July 2018
Company has a history of hiring experienced highly skilled personnel but once these people are hired they will not trust there experience and knowledge but instead need to validate these people with outside opinions. Calgary has many engineers that do not know subject matter and will not listen to SME. They like to go there own way and have a history of do things until caught methodology.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
Management and culture
Productive and knowledgeable
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 July 2018
It's really good experience of dealing with different kinds of customers having different background in everyday business operations. good working culture and ethical business practices.
Pros
Became efficient in customer service
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Stable environment
Consultant, Construction Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 July 2018
Husky is a stable company with great assets. The management team was lacking in vision and technical ability. This is evident in some of the decisions made and the work culture. I was based in Lloydminster for over a year and never did any outside training or even went to Calgary for any meetings.
Pros
Stable within Lloydminster
Cons
Little room for advancement out of Lloydminster
Job variety
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta and Saskatchewan29 June 2018
Great people on the job. Most enjoyable part of the job is variety. The work schedule is regular. The job is outside so weather plays a large factor in your day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.