Husky Energy
Happiness score is 70 out of 100

Husky Energy: 544 Employee Reviews

Canada544 reviews

oilenergycanadaprojectsafetystationculturepump

Consistent Pace with lots of meetings

Typical 8 hour days and additional bonus holidays because of the Calgary Stampede. Appears management heavy proportional to non-management staff numbers however overall the employer is generous.

Pros

Unlimited Sick Days. Competitive Benefits.

Cons

Slow pace at times

Poor management

Poor management, site is a mess with two companies trying to operate on one site. Labourers are a useless and management isn’t much better. Full time employees get yearly bonuses of the hard work of the labourers

Pros

In Kamloops

Cons

Long hours, no reward for what you do. Full time employees cash in on your hard work.

Insights into Husky Energy

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Great compensation and culture

I enjoyed my time here,Great coworkers. Good pay. Good work life balance and employer cares about the workers. Good training and team structure. Opportunity for advancement. Slightly remote locations

Unfair

I have been working for husky for more than 4 months full time. From last week, I am only offered 24 hours a week without any notice. So disrespectful and unprofessional management.

Cons

Every unprofessional, rude management

Very cooperated team

Great experience working there, learned a lot new skill and provide my geological input to maximum the valve of the investment. And help others to get more chance to get involved.

Productive place to work

Seasonal work but it gave a opportunity to see different trades working hard and to explore job opportunities in certain fields the bosses were so friendly and outgoing people never had a issue with management there

Pros

Excellent management good hours good pay

Cons

Only temporary work as a cleaner

Good management, positive culture and pay. Adequate work life balance. Great company paid benefits. Overall working here was a positive experience.

Husky it was so bad

Boys Club. If your not from Sask. your not Welcome, unable to advance and Targeted ! The Management suppresses any attempt to advance. No encouragement. No Future.

Sometimes superbusy

I worked as retails sales assistant manager. It was fast paced work environment rare times super slow like winter in alberta. If you are good with people and like to work indoors it is for you.

Pros

Discounted purchases

Cons

Fast paced

Fun place to work

Great place to work. Flexible hours and lots of learning opportunities for students. Not a fan of their rotation program for new grads - who wants to move around for 3 years?

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Husky Energy?

I had no clue how good a job could be!

Unbelievable place to work. Management strived for my success, pushed me for more work/life balance when I tried working harder. Wish I wasn't on a contract, but the pay is still amazing. I had no idea a company could be so good to its people! They make all my other jobs look like a joke. I miss you Husky!!

Pros

Work/life balance, paid flex days, flexible work schedule, invested management.

Cons

Contract position. Still better than any other job though...

Lots of program does not work

The leader who run the program does not have basic knowledge about the program. No specific time line and plan. When it gets stuck. No solution for long periods

Fun place to work where you get to meet new people as it is customer centric job.

Typical day at work looks like working on the tills, taking customers, restocking merchandise, perform cycle counts, make orders for store merchandise, Take deliveries, clean and keep the store presentable.

Pros

Get to know people and build a presence in town!

Cons

No benefits whatsoever. Not enough incentives or no bonuses.

Amazing place to work, too bad the merger happened

Amazing people, until the layoffs put them out of a job. The ones that made it across to Cenovus sound like they are having a mixed experience. Boom and bust of the energy sector...

Pros

Pay, people

Cons

Layoffs, high job uncertainty

Good shacks to live in at work site

After working for 16 years for them they just didn’t call me back when some work came up because they rather hire there buddy’s not guys with experience and job know how

Husky is a great company that offers plenty of room to grow. I have been working with them for the past 10 years and really enjoyed my time there, People are friendly and helpful.

Professional workplace with good diversity

It is a very good place for oil and gas industry, especially the upstream area such as exploitation, development, engineering, operations, etc. It is a good company for employees to invest their professional careers for life time until retirement.

Pros

Long-term career development

Great company with loads of safety issues.

Great company to work for. Met great people and nice working environment. The company had several safety issues and some not so good decisions that caused it to fizzle out. Decisions about asset disposition should have been better reviewed. Perhaps disposing a few of them when barrel price was up should have been better. Operations could have been better managed.

Pros

Lots of experienced people, opportunity to grow, technical career ladder, fair compensation, long term employee incentives, health and dental care coverage.

Cons

Multiple reporting layer, there seems to bee some elements of favoritism, not as transparent as one may think, lots of stuffs go on underground.

Great place.

I enjoyed my time working with Husky. The people were friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. Had the pleasure of watching the safety culture change in the industry.

OMG i cang believe i lasted that long

This is a difficult place to work as the goals are constantly changing. There really is only way to survive. Arrive do your job and do not think your input matters. So many meetings and rules and finger pointing when things go wrong. You are just a number creative problem solving is left to further up the structure.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Way to many bosses buddy favorites

Husky Energy is a good Company to work for.

It was a good Company until the upper management try to make it work like an European company, they couldn't adjust to North American way to be.

Pros

Cons

No offices, just cubicules

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement