Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Typical large oil company
Consigned Inventory Accountant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 February 2019
Financially responsible company. Many areas and departments for advancement. Good bonuses usually, however, no stock options for employees lower than management
Diverse, full of opportunities
Project Manager, Technology Development for EOR (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 February 2019
I took a chance with Husky knowing little about it's internal work management. It turned out to be the best decision for me. I've worked for Husky since relocating to Canada and I will recommend this company as a place where you can thrive, learn and become what you want to be.
No job security
Wellsite Leader/Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 January 2019
Husky was ok to work for, but because I was a new hire when the projects got cancelled unfortunately so did my job. The projects were good and most of the people had a great attitude.
Pros
Day rate
Cons
Long hours, Unrealistic expectations
Ok
Sr. Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2019
OK place to work but department management could use some updating.

Middle of the road medical benefit program

8 hour work day

Enjoyed the work but sometimes the workload was heavy
Very flexible and good working environment
ELECTRICAL ENGINEER (E.I.T) (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK16 January 2019
Very good management and flexible working hours. Free to take your own decisions with sense of accountability and ownership. A lot of learning opportunity within the team and outside the team.
Somewhat productive workplace, extraordinary atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON11 January 2019
A typical day at work revolved around doing the inventory check of both cigarettes and lottery tickets upon starting the day. We were also expected to count and balance the till at both the start and end of a shift. The hardest part of the job was balancing the work related duties away from the till around customers, as there was only one employee on site after six o'clock in the evening .
Pros
Schoolwork able to be done on shift
Cons
Long hours and unreliable co-workers
Very well integrated
Thermal Reservoir Engineer, Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2019
I enjoyed working for this company. They always have their interns in mind and give you multiple opportunities to further advance your career once graduated
Supportive Management Team
Maintenance & Technical Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK4 January 2019
Working at Husky Energy as an intern was a great experience that introduced me to the technical engineering side of projects and was able to develop my skills under the supervision of a supportive management team.
Pros
Great Team Atmosphere, Great Management Team, Good Benefits
Great experience for internship
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB29 December 2018
Husky has great company culture, all my co-workers were very friendly and fun to be with. As a summer student, you learn hands on experience of the rotary equipment, engine rooms, pipes, valves, instrumentation, rig operations, maintenance and troubleshooting,

Drive a company truck several hours a day for maintenance of all the oil wells. Good to see the different types of problems and issues that appear on the field but rarely mentioned during engineering design work.

Lots of safety culture, many safety meetings. The plant was a sour facility, so there was extensive first aid, H2S and other safety training.
Great place to work.
Procedures/Records Analyst, Data Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster27 December 2018
While at Husky I learned a lot about the industry and Husky always made sure to keep up to date training for employees. Information and processes are updated and shared throughout the organization through SharePoint and all programs are easily accessible to all employees. Overall Husky Energy is a great place to work.
Pros
Training was available for all.
Cons
Not all business units are run in the same manner.
good place to work
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC5 December 2018
fun environment, good people to work with, was okay with the wage. hours worked for me boss was quite nice. early morning didn’t work the vast for me but to each there own
Friendly work place
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cache Creek, BC19 November 2018
Friendly place to work. Customers are nice. Co workers are nice. The job gets kind of repetitive though, not much room for advancement in this work place
Learn lots
Office Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 November 2018
Learn a lot for the internship, supportive coworkers and management. The work can be repetitive but there are plenty of work to be done to keep busy.
Pros
lots of work
Cons
hiring freeze
Strong and Diversified productions but silo working culture
Staff Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Last 5 years, I was working as tech service support process engineer to have great experience working on natural gas, pipelines, water treating, procurement chemical vendor reviews.

Most of projects were pretty challenging, like trouble shooting, providing cold eye review to MOC, HAZOP process support. Because we were not dealing with day to day normal operations but more hard or even worst scenarios requested by operation teams.

By doing that, I had to increase and balance my process skills in a wide and broad range to handle work loads from operations. Really learned lot and generated massive cost savings to operations teams.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Marking became more essential even as engineers
Friendly, fast-paced, with room to grow.
Interface and Concrete Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL4 November 2018
Husky offers lot of avenues for professional growth and is filled with workers who genuinely want to be there - the enthusiasm is palpable. Huge emphasis on safety and diversity is another big win.
JOB Security
Customer Experience Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK26 October 2018
Currently on contract, no job security. My contract is for 1 year, therefore, after 1 year which is Feb 2019, I will be looking for another job. Crrently company is on a hiring freeze, so no good news for contract job workers.
Friendly work setting
Instrument Tech (Coop) (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK7 October 2018
Volunteering Over time work is available
Training is variable choice and paid by company including allowance
Safety concern is priority and keep it stable
Learned alot
Gas Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Standard, AB27 September 2018
I learned a lot at Husky. They are definitely about there employees learning and succeeding. They make sure that we are all taken care of with food, benefits, home and work balance
excellent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 September 2018
excellent must work envoirment helpful employer and willing to provide all help
pay salary is also good

must work envoirment willingness to do under pressure
Great company to work for
Supply Chain Management Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2018
Husky Energy is a great employer with a number of growth opportunities. Being a big company still has somewhat small company fill. People within the organization are great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.