Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Supportive Management Team
Maintenance & Technical Engineer (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK4 January 2019
Working at Husky Energy as an intern was a great experience that introduced me to the technical engineering side of projects and was able to develop my skills under the supervision of a supportive management team.
Pros
Great Team Atmosphere, Great Management Team, Good Benefits
Cons
Management and culture is designed for engineering advancement.
Measurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK18 July 2018
Company has a history of hiring experienced highly skilled personnel but once these people are hired they will not trust there experience and knowledge but instead need to validate these people with outside opinions. Calgary has many engineers that do not know subject matter and will not listen to SME. They like to go there own way and have a history of do things until caught methodology.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
Management and culture
It is a fun place to work and learn new things.
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
I have learned a lot of new things with the husky. I was able to improve my communication skills. The most fun part is that you meet a lot of new customers daily. The management is very good and helping. Overall experience is very good.
Cons
No benefits
Fantastic employer
Professional (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 March 2018
I enjoyed nearly every single day of my employment with Husky Energy. I loved the leadership, the social aspect of work, the clear direction of the company, but, most importantly, I was recognized for the work I did. Whether it was my own leader or his leader, or the VP down the hall, people knew about your contribution and appreciated you. I struggled occasionally with work life balance because the hours are long (8-5) and you carry a work phone, and are sometimes on call. But I loved the company so I never really minded pitching in after hours. Great group of people working there. Very little drama.
Pros
Good social activities, engaged workforce, excellent compensation
Cons
Long hours sometimes
great people to work with
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada21 August 2018
I enjoy the time with Husky, great place, nice people. friendly and relax working environment. five star work/life balance. great salary and benefits.
Learned alot
Gas Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Standard, AB27 September 2018
I learned a lot at Husky. They are definitely about there employees learning and succeeding. They make sure that we are all taken care of with food, benefits, home and work balance
excellent
Manager (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK15 September 2018
excellent must work envoirment helpful employer and willing to provide all help
pay salary is also good

must work envoirment willingness to do under pressure
Somewhat productive workplace, extraordinary atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Frances, ON11 January 2019
A typical day at work revolved around doing the inventory check of both cigarettes and lottery tickets upon starting the day. We were also expected to count and balance the till at both the start and end of a shift. The hardest part of the job was balancing the work related duties away from the till around customers, as there was only one employee on site after six o'clock in the evening .
Pros
Schoolwork able to be done on shift
Cons
Long hours and unreliable co-workers
Stable environment
Consultant, Construction Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 July 2018
Husky is a stable company with great assets. The management team was lacking in vision and technical ability. This is evident in some of the decisions made and the work culture. I was based in Lloydminster for over a year and never did any outside training or even went to Calgary for any meetings.
Pros
Stable within Lloydminster
Cons
Little room for advancement out of Lloydminster
A great company to work for.
Drafting Student - Design & Document Control (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Husky. The people at the Upgrader were awesome to work with and the company is a very good company with great benefits that are both tangible and non tangible.
Great experience for internship
Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB29 December 2018
Husky has great company culture, all my co-workers were very friendly and fun to be with. As a summer student, you learn hands on experience of the rotary equipment, engine rooms, pipes, valves, instrumentation, rig operations, maintenance and troubleshooting,

Drive a company truck several hours a day for maintenance of all the oil wells. Good to see the different types of problems and issues that appear on the field but rarely mentioned during engineering design work.

Lots of safety culture, many safety meetings. The plant was a sour facility, so there was extensive first aid, H2S and other safety training.
Strong and Diversified productions but silo working culture
Staff Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 November 2018
Last 5 years, I was working as tech service support process engineer to have great experience working on natural gas, pipelines, water treating, procurement chemical vendor reviews.

Most of projects were pretty challenging, like trouble shooting, providing cold eye review to MOC, HAZOP process support. Because we were not dealing with day to day normal operations but more hard or even worst scenarios requested by operation teams.

By doing that, I had to increase and balance my process skills in a wide and broad range to handle work loads from operations. Really learned lot and generated massive cost savings to operations teams.
Pros
Challenging work
Cons
Marking became more essential even as engineers
Good to learn customer service skills
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON20 March 2018
Its a good job for the beginners to learn customer service skils but i cant recommend someone to keep this job permanent because there is no job security, no benefits, no promotions.
Good company overall
Emergency Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
Spent 15 years with this company.
All in all a very good company.
Industry average benefits and vacation.
Good work - life balance.
I would work for them again if given the opportunity.
Fun and Challeging Workplace
Steam plant Operator (Practiucum Student) (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan15 June 2018
Although I was only with the company for a short time,I enjoyed the overall great work culture Husky's employees bring to the workplace. Its an organization that allows advancement with higher career opportunities to move up quick if you are so inclined. The mentors and steam leads are helpful in aiding in achievement of personal, short and long-term goals. Overall I think it's an exceptional organization to be associated with.
Pros
Rotating shifts that allow traveling on days off
Cons
long commute to site (situtational)
Good company but poor management
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB28 February 2018
Husky Energy is a good company overall, with good salary packages.

The management and work culture is pretty poor and needs a lot to be done to make it employee friendly.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
poor work culture
Very well integrated
Thermal Reservoir Engineer, Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2019
I enjoyed working for this company. They always have their interns in mind and give you multiple opportunities to further advance your career once graduated
Great place to work.
Procedures/Records Analyst, Data Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster27 December 2018
While at Husky I learned a lot about the industry and Husky always made sure to keep up to date training for employees. Information and processes are updated and shared throughout the organization through SharePoint and all programs are easily accessible to all employees. Overall Husky Energy is a great place to work.
Pros
Training was available for all.
Cons
Not all business units are run in the same manner.
JOB Security
Customer Experience Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK26 October 2018
Currently on contract, no job security. My contract is for 1 year, therefore, after 1 year which is Feb 2019, I will be looking for another job. Crrently company is on a hiring freeze, so no good news for contract job workers.
Friendly work place
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Cache Creek, BC19 November 2018
Friendly place to work. Customers are nice. Co workers are nice. The job gets kind of repetitive though, not much room for advancement in this work place

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.