Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Supply Chain Management Lead (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2018
Husky Energy is a great employer with a number of growth opportunities. Being a big company still has somewhat small company fill. People within the organization are great.
It is a fun place to work and learn new things.
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 September 2018
I have learned a lot of new things with the husky. I was able to improve my communication skills. The most fun part is that you meet a lot of new customers daily. The management is very good and helping. Overall experience is very good.
Cons
No benefits
Fun and flexible workplace at Husky
Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK27 August 2018
It is a really fun place to work in. Good team environment and work culture to be in. Great and supportive management. Lots of learning opportunities with day-to-day job.
Wonderful workplace and very supportive staff.
Intern Electrical / Engineering co-op (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB25 August 2018
I had an excellent experience of working at Husky Energy. Husky provided me required training before they send me to visit sites. Also team members at Husky were very supportive.
great people to work with
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canada21 August 2018
I enjoy the time with Husky, great place, nice people. friendly and relax working environment. five star work/life balance. great salary and benefits.
Great and fun people to work for
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC20 August 2018
Typical day at work would be described as fun, management was a ball to work with they were like one of us they got down and dirty too! The days went by so fast an 8 hour shift was like a 4 always busy always different
Great manager, bad culture for cliques
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 August 2018
Loved working here, made some great friends that I am still friends with today. There was a bit of a clique-type culture which was difficult to navigate at times.
Loved working with my manager/supervisor and the more senior ladies and one gent in my group.
Pros
Good team work
Cons
Clique type culture
A fun place to work. Team oriented environment.
Construction Lead (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 July 2018
Worked for Husky in the Canadian Oil Sands area. Project was extremely interesting. The Project Team knew the business and how to treat people.

Working at Husky was a great experience. Great learning experience with strong mentors.
Very cooperative and helpful office and field staff
Drilling Consultant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB18 July 2018
I enjoyed working at Husky Energy. Most of my time at Husky was as a single consultancy working 24/7 on a 3/1 rotational basis. When it was required that two consultants were required on the well site my alternate was knowledgeable and courteous.
Management and culture is designed for engineering advancement.
Measurement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK18 July 2018
Company has a history of hiring experienced highly skilled personnel but once these people are hired they will not trust there experience and knowledge but instead need to validate these people with outside opinions. Calgary has many engineers that do not know subject matter and will not listen to SME. They like to go there own way and have a history of do things until caught methodology.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
Management and culture

Want to know more about Husky Energy?

Ask a question
Productive and knowledgeable
Customer Service Representative and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 July 2018
It's really good experience of dealing with different kinds of customers having different background in everyday business operations. good working culture and ethical business practices.
Pros
Became efficient in customer service
Cons
Limited growth opportunities
Stable environment
Consultant, Construction Site Representative (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB5 July 2018
Husky is a stable company with great assets. The management team was lacking in vision and technical ability. This is evident in some of the decisions made and the work culture. I was based in Lloydminster for over a year and never did any outside training or even went to Calgary for any meetings.
Pros
Stable within Lloydminster
Cons
Little room for advancement out of Lloydminster
Job variety
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Alberta and Saskatchewan29 June 2018
Great people on the job. Most enjoyable part of the job is variety. The work schedule is regular. The job is outside so weather plays a large factor in your day.
Fun and Challeging Workplace
Steam plant Operator (Practiucum Student) (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan15 June 2018
Although I was only with the company for a short time,I enjoyed the overall great work culture Husky's employees bring to the workplace. Its an organization that allows advancement with higher career opportunities to move up quick if you are so inclined. The mentors and steam leads are helpful in aiding in achievement of personal, short and long-term goals. Overall I think it's an exceptional organization to be associated with.
Pros
Rotating shifts that allow traveling on days off
Cons
long commute to site (situtational)
A challenging place to work in
Lead (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK14 June 2018
The organization is currently improving on documentation and standardization of processes. Everyone therefore is expected to work above and beyond their normal designation. This reduces personal time and increases the workload of most employees. The work is generally stable with with less chances of layoffs. Lots of new projects should keep people busy for the next couple of years. Expect to talk freely about your family and how you spend your weekends and holidays! Pay may not be as attractive as peers.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, Challenging work load (could be a negative as well!), Relatively stable job, Multiple new projects ongoing and in view.
Cons
Less pay than peers, less allowances especially for maintenance professionals, heavy work load
Experience
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Accountant13 June 2018
Husky is a good company.
Last Supervisor had bias on her own team member. She lets her work colleagues "friends" to give lots of favorites. For example, office policy is to work 8 hour + 1 hour lunch. She lets her friends to work at 9 am to 2 pm and playing internet in office hour. Definitely, she is not professional enough.
Other than above, I had a good work experience in Husky.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Place to be
Desktop Transformation Tech (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 June 2018
Husky is a great place to work, the people and management are awesome. The IT department is a great group of people who are always looking out for one another, with lots of fun to be had.
Pros
Great people great place
Cons
Short term contract
good place to work
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  lLOYDMINISTER10 June 2018
lots to learn scheduling the maintenance to be done on the oil field and calling vendors and setting up PM's for 3/6/12 month maintenance inspections and alot more
Positive, encouraging group to work with.
Temporary Executive Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2018
Austere executive office, but everyone was quite positive and encouraging. I was only there as a temp, but found everyone very welcoming. As the position was strictly executive reception, it was often very quiet, without a lot of duties to perform. Each executive had his or her own executive secretary, so reception duties were very limited. However, I did find my offers to assist the executive secretaries were most welcome, so they did find useful busy work for me to do.
Pros
Positive environment.
Cons
Not enough work to do in an eight-hour day to keep busy.
Depend who is your boss, some are good some are not good.
Reservoir Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
A good boss let one do the job more effective, but a not good boss you have to do his/her way even he/she did know well. The company provided education opportunities.
Pros
flexible office time as long as you do your job.
Cons
too much meetings

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.