Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Very good company to work for.
Chief Steam Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB3 November 2017
Very good company to work for, with good pay and excellent benefits. Day to day life was challenging, but often suffered from high turn over rates. Excellent group of people to work with, but often lacked direction.
Pros
Competitive wages, excellent benefits.
Cons
High turn over rates, lack of life balance
Excellent work place with rewarding wotk.
Subsurface Developments Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 October 2017
Typical eight to five work day, Monday to Friday.
Balanced work load, leading to a great work to life balance.
Competitive salary.
Excellent workplace with knowledgeable people.
Internship only - Overall good
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
I only had the perspective of internship at Husky but I had a great group of people that I dealt with. My leader encouraged everyone towards healthy activities and I started working out at the gym available in the Husky building when I was there. Overall a good experience. Too bad the internship program at the time didn't have placements for graduates.
Very good company to work for. Good shift with a good amount of time off for family and friends
Practicum Oil and Gas Production Operator Student (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB3 October 2017
Husky is a safety based company that cares about there employees. They pay there employees well and give them a good amount of vacation pay every year. I works with very nice people. The only complaint i heard repeated by many guys is that the maintenance department is slow moving
Pros
Good pay, good shift, good people, good work, good job
Cons
Slow maintenance department
CSA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
One of the best institutions to work with. Having a wonderful experience with the company staff and of course customers. One thing I love about people teach you while working. Only problem is that I have to come 45 km's away from home. I wish best of everything for husky.
Pros
Best care
Cons
It's a relaxing environment for a first job.
service clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 September 2017
it was a good place to work. You got very flexible shifts and a relaxing work environment. There was quite a bit of job security. Overall my time working at a Husky gas station was fun.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not much advancement
great environment
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2017
Best company I worked for.Great benefits and atmosphere.Learned management skills,regulations, very safety minded company.worked mainly with engineering and production departments great bunch
Fun and Challenging opportunity - Great people
Facilities and Development Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2017
Great people, great environment to work in. Served a year long co-op term there and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Husky energy has a good work environment.
Productive and fun place to work
Knowledge and Competency Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB27 August 2017
Overall Husky is a great place to work. I learned a lot from my coworkers and management. I found the management to be helpful and involved with their employees. All and all it was a good experience.
Satisfactory
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Sunrise25 August 2017
Satisfactory employment, great people and innovation driven. Enjoyed my ten years commissioning and starting two SAGD facilities with Husky Energy. Great place to work
Great company to work for
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK22 August 2017
Bonuses and and wages were lower than some other oil companies but I loved it. Guaranteed cost of living raise every year and double time for all OT. ;)
Pros
Enjoy the job
Cons
It's Chinese owned
great job, great pay, great management, great extras
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB21 August 2017
I don't have anything bad to say about Husky, great company and I would recommend them to anyone. They have an open progression system up to a certain point for advancement.
Document Control
Document Technician/HDMS (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mountain House, AB20 August 2017
The job was very busy. I was working with the Engineering Department. I have learned a lot about the oil and gas industry. Attended Safety Meetings. A typical day was multitasking between projects, drawing, packages.
Decent company to work for
Plant operator (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC16 August 2017
Worked for this company for 2 years on a project plant, Large slow moving company with a large surplus of people. The equiptment I worked with was all brand new so that was awesome
Pros
New equiptment
Cons
Paper heavy, extremely safety conscious, painfully slow operations
fun workplace
TCFN clean-up crew (Former Employee) –  Maidstone, SK7 August 2017
everyday was something new to learn I enjoyed the man people and everyone was trustworthy. I love working for this type of company, I never had any issue with management,.
Too fast paced
Gas Bar Attendant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC25 July 2017
I had to pump gas into 6 cars at times so lots of running around and no one else to help it would've been nice to have 2 guys work rather than one. I did get to know how to check under the hood from thus job.
Focus on Long Term Growth While Empasizing Safety and Integrity
Sr. Reservoir Engineer - Exploration (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 July 2017
Husky was a great work company for me to have worked for during the 13 years I spent with them. The other employees were for the most part very competent and caring individuals who took great pride in performing good work. The managers were focused and fair minded people that made good business decisions and worked with their staff on a personal level. Value growth was important to Husky but not at the expense of safety or integrity of operations. I feel maybe this part was over-emphasized as our competitors were able to achieve safe work environments but with much lower cost affecting Husky's competitiveness. That said I do respect Husky's commitment towards operating safely and responsibly - something the company's done in almost every environment possible making them a top quality oil and gas operator.
Pros
Overall Team competence, Operational Safety and Integrity
Cons
Project Cost Control, Competitiveness
Happy to work with this organization.
Assistant Gas station Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2017
It was always fun to work with this management. Learnt alot about the business and mostly about the people, how they behave and the way they communicate.
Some challenges but overall a positive experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK10 July 2017
Over the years, I have gained numerous skills have been able to collaborate with a variety of great people. I have made a lot of memories that I will carry with me in my next career. The most difficult part of my job is adjusting to re-organization and the layoffs of my colleagues, but overall Husky has been a positive experience.
Pros
Numerous learning opportunities, warm and welcoming environment
Cons
Lack of communication between departments, unclear expectations
fun coworkers and health place
Manager Assistant (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB10 July 2017
i was give chance to work as cashier and be a manger at same time. few things i like about husky is that their management is good. same times it gets too busy
Pros
discount on foods
Cons
part time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.