Husky Energy Employee Reviews

A challenging place to work in
Lead (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK14 June 2018
The organization is currently improving on documentation and standardization of processes. Everyone therefore is expected to work above and beyond their normal designation. This reduces personal time and increases the workload of most employees. The work is generally stable with with less chances of layoffs. Lots of new projects should keep people busy for the next couple of years. Expect to talk freely about your family and how you spend your weekends and holidays! Pay may not be as attractive as peers.
Pros
Relaxed work environment, Challenging work load (could be a negative as well!), Relatively stable job, Multiple new projects ongoing and in view.
Cons
Less pay than peers, less allowances especially for maintenance professionals, heavy work load
Experience
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Accountant13 June 2018
Husky is a good company.
Last Supervisor had bias on her own team member. She lets her work colleagues "friends" to give lots of favorites. For example, office policy is to work 8 hour + 1 hour lunch. She lets her friends to work at 9 am to 2 pm and playing internet in office hour. Definitely, she is not professional enough.
Other than above, I had a good work experience in Husky.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Great Place to be
Desktop Transformation Tech (Current Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 June 2018
Husky is a great place to work, the people and management are awesome. The IT department is a great group of people who are always looking out for one another, with lots of fun to be had.
Pros
Great people great place
Cons
Short term contract
good place to work
Scheduler (Current Employee) –  lLOYDMINISTER10 June 2018
lots to learn scheduling the maintenance to be done on the oil field and calling vendors and setting up PM's for 3/6/12 month maintenance inspections and alot more
Positive, encouraging group to work with.
Temporary Executive Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 May 2018
Austere executive office, but everyone was quite positive and encouraging. I was only there as a temp, but found everyone very welcoming. As the position was strictly executive reception, it was often very quiet, without a lot of duties to perform. Each executive had his or her own executive secretary, so reception duties were very limited. However, I did find my offers to assist the executive secretaries were most welcome, so they did find useful busy work for me to do.
Pros
Positive environment.
Cons
Not enough work to do in an eight-hour day to keep busy.
Depend who is your boss, some are good some are not good.
Reservoir Engineering Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 May 2018
A good boss let one do the job more effective, but a not good boss you have to do his/her way even he/she did know well. The company provided education opportunities.
Pros
flexible office time as long as you do your job.
Cons
too much meetings
best place to work
Handling cashier (Current Employee) –  London15 May 2018
I was great to work at husky gas station. A typical condition at work place is in winter time as i was working at full services.I learn many thing but one think i learn is to give good srevices.I was good work places and every body respect me.
A great company to work for.
Drafting Student - Design & Document Control (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK11 May 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Husky. The people at the Upgrader were awesome to work with and the company is a very good company with great benefits that are both tangible and non tangible.
Terrible organization
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK10 May 2018
If you want to work for a company that will hire brown people instead of qualified people then Hisky is for you. Management is made up by friends of friends and if you are not in the “drinking buddy club” they will throw you under the bus at the first opportunity. Terrible safety program thats a farce at best. Stay away from Husky if you have any common sense
Pros
Work with idiots
Cons
Work for idiots
• Providing friendly, efficient customer service • Maintaining inventory, order of new supplies and delivery of fuel from supplier • Training new part
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 May 2018
• Providing friendly, efficient customer service
• Training new part-time employees in procedures
• Maintaining safe and clean environment for customers
Really good for the growth
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON10 May 2018
I got the chance to work in the team. I got the chance to help customers. helped me in enhancing my speaking skills. I learned to manage time. the workplace was really good. my employer makes sure that this is safe for work. the hardest part of the job was during night time as its the time when most of the crimes happen. the most enjoyable part of the job was that I got chance to serve customers.
Great Opportunity to Work in Husky
Summer Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
A typical day work is fantastic. You not only can learn new skills but also enjoy the company culture. The internship experience teaches me how to apply my academic skill to meet the industrial needs.
Fun work, everyday meet with new people from different places.
Customer sales representative (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON21 April 2018
Overall is very good experience. Some time people treat you good sometime not, but you have to treat everybody positively. I learn that attitude at this place.
Technical work
Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
I am working with Husky energy, We believe in Team work.
Our main motive is Result driven. People here are friendly and hardworking. Most enjoyable part of my job is my colleagues.
a decent place to work
customer service (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB19 April 2018
working at the husky was pretty boring and easy to do. management was ok and can be pretty understanding. the best part about working their was the staff who were always nice and kind.
Pros
free coffee and slurpees
Cons
not enough hours
Sophisticated Procurement Practices and Team
Commercial Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB19 April 2018
Husky is a great employer. Of course the nature of all O&G businesses is rather cyclical, so job security is not guaranteed. I would work here again.
Pros
Growth Mindset and Fair
Cons
O&G boom bust cycle
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 April 2018
I do night shift at a Husky gas station. It is really fun and enjoyable. I learned to interact with others. It helped me to understand the customer needs and requirements. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people belonging to a different culture, every day and trying to communicate with them.
get to drive alot
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2018
A typical day at work is 6 in the morning to 4 in the evening.
My communication skills, leadership skills and problem solving skills have improved a lot.
Most of the employees are students so sometimes making a schedule for them gets a little hard.
Enjoy talking with good people everyday.
Pros
not too much pressure
Cons
long hours sometimes
Fantastic employer
Professional (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL28 March 2018
I enjoyed nearly every single day of my employment with Husky Energy. I loved the leadership, the social aspect of work, the clear direction of the company, but, most importantly, I was recognized for the work I did. Whether it was my own leader or his leader, or the VP down the hall, people knew about your contribution and appreciated you. I struggled occasionally with work life balance because the hours are long (8-5) and you carry a work phone, and are sometimes on call. But I loved the company so I never really minded pitching in after hours. Great group of people working there. Very little drama.
Pros
Good social activities, engaged workforce, excellent compensation
Cons
Long hours sometimes
Good company overall
Emergency Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 March 2018
Spent 15 years with this company.
All in all a very good company.
Industry average benefits and vacation.
Good work - life balance.
I would work for them again if given the opportunity.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.