Husky Energy Employee Reviews

good company and leading position in Industry
Staff Cost Controls Specialist, Sunrise Project (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 January 2018
Husky is a good Company with diversity cultures. I got lots of challenges and learned a lot as well during my last 5 years. We need to finish our weekly reports and monthly reports on time and discuss the cash flow forecast internally and externally, such as Husky financial group and contractors. Husky gave me lots of chances to get involved with different knowledge such as SAP and cost and scheduling software. I really want to work with Husky in future.
Poor Management
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK19 December 2017
Found the management disengaged from the day to day operations...also did not take the time and effort to make the plant operations the best that it could be.
good work provided
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
this is a good company.it has a good environment for employees as well as customers to feel comfortable to work and to do shopping there.its a good experience to work there to increase my working and communication skills there.
Pros
good working environment
Overall alright, not great for job security
Scientist and Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 December 2017
Overall great for benefits and a work life balance. I did not consider it very good for advancement from being a female perspective. It seemed like guys had a better in with the managers and team leads, and could get away with schmoozing.
Great Place to work.
Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK12 December 2017
The crew is friendly and grows to become like a big family only after a short while. Great work environment for persons with the appropriate qualifications.
Great place for students to learn
Reservoir Engineering Contractor - HOG (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 November 2017
My experience with Husky has proven that the company fosters the learning of all student employees. My co-workers were friendly and always willing to answer questions.
Always enjoyed going to work
Sr. Consulting Land Analyst - Contract, Minerals (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 November 2017
I very much enjoyed working at Husky. Management was very good and there was always the appropriate direction and feedback on projects completed. Management was always approachable.
Pros
Very good place to work
Cons
Good place to work and to integrate
Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, on26 November 2017
Good place to work and many people to comunicate and integrate. Excelent work schedule and work atmosphere. I would prefer to work at this place like this.
Pros
Free lunch
Great teams and projects
QA Lead (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 November 2017
I enjoyed the various projects I worked on at Husky as well as the teams I had the opportunity to participate in.

As with any large organization, it has its issues, but overall, as far as large corporations go, this was a great place to work.
Pros
lots of opportunity
Cons
very large, slow moving company
Very good company to work for.
Chief Steam Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rainbow Lake, AB3 November 2017
Very good company to work for, with good pay and excellent benefits. Day to day life was challenging, but often suffered from high turn over rates. Excellent group of people to work with, but often lacked direction.
Pros
Competitive wages, excellent benefits.
Cons
High turn over rates, lack of life balance
Excellent work place with rewarding wotk.
Subsurface Developments Engineering Student (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL16 October 2017
Typical eight to five work day, Monday to Friday.
Balanced work load, leading to a great work to life balance.
Competitive salary.
Excellent workplace with knowledgeable people.
Internship only - Overall good
Internship Student (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB16 October 2017
I only had the perspective of internship at Husky but I had a great group of people that I dealt with. My leader encouraged everyone towards healthy activities and I started working out at the gym available in the Husky building when I was there. Overall a good experience. Too bad the internship program at the time didn't have placements for graduates.
Very good company to work for. Good shift with a good amount of time off for family and friends
Practicum Oil and Gas Production Operator Student (Former Employee) –  Edson, AB3 October 2017
Husky is a safety based company that cares about there employees. They pay there employees well and give them a good amount of vacation pay every year. I works with very nice people. The only complaint i heard repeated by many guys is that the maintenance department is slow moving
Pros
Good pay, good shift, good people, good work, good job
Cons
Slow maintenance department
CSA (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2017
One of the best institutions to work with. Having a wonderful experience with the company staff and of course customers. One thing I love about people teach you while working. Only problem is that I have to come 45 km's away from home. I wish best of everything for husky.
Pros
Best care
Cons
It's a relaxing environment for a first job.
service clerk (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC22 September 2017
it was a good place to work. You got very flexible shifts and a relaxing work environment. There was quite a bit of job security. Overall my time working at a Husky gas station was fun.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not much advancement
great environment
Lead Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 September 2017
Best company I worked for.Great benefits and atmosphere.Learned management skills,regulations, very safety minded company.worked mainly with engineering and production departments great bunch
Fun and Challenging opportunity - Great people
Facilities and Development Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 September 2017
Great people, great environment to work in. Served a year long co-op term there and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. Husky energy has a good work environment.
Productive and fun place to work
Knowledge and Competency Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Mackay, AB27 August 2017
Overall Husky is a great place to work. I learned a lot from my coworkers and management. I found the management to be helpful and involved with their employees. All and all it was a good experience.
Satisfactory
OPERATIONS COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Sunrise25 August 2017
Satisfactory employment, great people and innovation driven. Enjoyed my ten years commissioning and starting two SAGD facilities with Husky Energy. Great place to work
Great company to work for
Plant Operator (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK22 August 2017
Bonuses and and wages were lower than some other oil companies but I loved it. Guaranteed cost of living raise every year and double time for all OT. ;)
Pros
Enjoy the job
Cons
It's Chinese owned

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.