Husky Energy logo
Husky Energy
Happiness score is 65 out of 100Average

Husky Energy Employee Reviews

Great place.

I enjoyed my time working with Husky. The people were friendly and the atmosphere was inviting. Had the pleasure of watching the safety culture change in the industry.

OMG i cang believe i lasted that long

This is a difficult place to work as the goals are constantly changing. There really is only way to survive. Arrive do your job and do not think your input matters. So many meetings and rules and finger pointing when things go wrong. You are just a number creative problem solving is left to further up the structure.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Way to many bosses buddy favorites

Husky Energy is a good Company to work for.

It was a good Company until the upper management try to make it work like an European company, they couldn't adjust to North American way to be.

Pros

Cons

No offices, just cubicules

You can learn a lot

It is a place where you can learn a lot. People are respectful but there are many politics among management and capital is restricted. Peers can be very helpful and friendly and you can make long lasting friendships with some of your peers. Difficult to get promoted and not too much transparency between the team and the management so it makes it difficult to achieve your goals.

Brutal

ToxicBackstabbing All they want to hear is yes,they don’t want opinions other than the ones management has. They preach work life balance, in reality they want employees to be at their beck and call 24/7.

Pros

Cons

Just being there

Enjoyable and Inclusive work place

Good for learning and applying your skills. Management is overall supportive. Instability in Oil and Gas market makes it difficult to survive for company and employees, but company is trying to work out better for employees.

Pros

Matured Supply Chain Organization

Cons

Process driven at times makes it difficult to work things not warranted.

Productive and fun workplace

Most of my colleagues are helpful and we work as a teamGood management Great/awesome ownerEasy and enjoyable while doing the tasksEverything is manageable

Co-workers are friendly and work place environments are really fantastic.

My first day of work was June 14, 2010, as a cashier. I did not have any knowledge about the Cash counting job and also did not any knowledge about the cash register. Our Manager taught us how to use a cash register and a credit/debit card. She also taught us how to fill up the cooler and display our inventory on the shelves. I also learned from her about 4P(Price, Product, Promotion and Place). She told me that the 4ps is the most important element for marketing. Our co-worker was friendly and helpful. Any types of problem, they helped me a lot. The hardest part of the job was how to handle the customer. Our Manager told us that our five fingers are not the same. So all customers are not the same. Customers' satisfaction is the enjoyable part of the job.

Pros

Any holiday our salary 1.5 times.Free Coffee, Slush and also year end gift, I Really enjoy people and all different walks of life

Cons

Always working under pressure, I may also be required to lift and carry heavy boxes in the course of duties, Difficult customers, Long hours, Monotonous task and Low pay.

productive and healthy work environment

I love working at Husky. I have an amazing boss along with staff that are amazing to work with and always make everyone feel welcome. A healthy and happy environment. Also, a clean and sanitary environment

Great Company to be apart of

Husky is a great company that offers plenty of room to grow. I have been working with them for the past 5+ years and have enjoyed my time here. Id recommend working here.

Jobs at Husky Energy

See more jobs

The best place I ever worked

I was a wrench pulling field maintenance worker, changing vales one day and gathering garbage the next. The next thing I know, I was asked to meet with the maintenance supervisor for a job opportunity because I knew my way around a computer and was fairly knowledgeable with windows software and Microsoft office. I had an informal interview with my supervisor and was asked if I would consider taking the position of maintenance planner because of the recommendations of some of my co-workers. I was given a short probation period to see if I could make the cut, in which I surpassed their expectations. A substantial pay raise was given and I had my own office, I was on my way to a new career and further advancement within Husky.

Pros

Excellent pay, Benefits, work atmosphere and culture, made to feel like you are wanted and important

Cons

There arn't any.

It was good worked at Husky

Husky is a good company to work for. Unfortunately I got lat off back in April, if I have the chance I will be back working with Husky, I really like what I did there

Working at Husky Slave Lake District was a great experience Great people it was just like one big family , it was by far the best place that I have worked

Pros

Family came first

Cons

Shut down the field

Productive fun workspace

I enjoy the relax environment at Husky and the benefits and salary were some of the best i have experienced as a women in the business administration workforce.

Pros

Great Benefits

Cons

I was only Temporary therefore no position to return to after my maternity leave

Good benefits but poor work culture

It’s a great corporate with lots of benefits. But the work culture is quite bad. They say diversity and inclusiveness but just in words. It’s quite tough to work outside the corporate offices.

Pros

Great benefits and salary package

Cons

Poor work culture

Rewarding summer job

I was given the opportunity to learn various software, make presentations and at the end pass on knowledge to peers, senior engineers and managers. It was a great opportunity for me, people loved my work. I had managers coming from Calgary to Lloydminster to see me in person and learn about the pilot project I worked on.

Cashier

Husky is a awsome place to work, i would run the tills and make sure the cuatomers were satisfied with their experience, always kept the shop clean and tidy and in order, the team i work with were fantastic

nice to work

Multi-talented consistently rewarded for success in planning and operational improvements. Experience in policy development and staff management procedures positively impacting overall morale and productivity.

Contractors vs Employee

Contract workers are not recognized for the work they do. Even though the company speaks on diversity - they should also include Contract Workers as part of "Diversity" as they are not treated equally.

Productive and busy

Good place to work, nice camp and the travel accommodations were good. The company built a world class SAGD operation and treats the employees good. The pay is competitive.

Interesting place to work

As with any large company it has it's pro and cons to the work environment. Some very good people work there that make it enjoyable. Interesting projects with a diverse asset base.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Husky Energy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement