Huron Consulting Group Employee Reviews

Be prepared for change
Director - Strategic Advisory (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL9 March 2019
The GE of consulting groups where they purchase and divest to maintain a market share and credit rating with no regard for the people that work there. Very toxic environment.
Very Flexible Job, Great Culture
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP OWNER (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OR9 March 2019
Huron is a great company to work for. They provide great benefits and amazing flexibility. Work life balance is very good. Managers are respectful of employees.
Talented group of people
Principal Architect (Current Employee) –  New York, NY22 January 2019
Good talent, but sorely lacking leadership and clear direction. Need to focus on go-to-market strategy while staying relevant in competitive space. They hire a lot of top talent, but drive begins to dissipate on smaller to medium-sized projects.
Strong management consulting firm
Senior Director (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 January 2019
Excellent firm for consulting to higher education, healthcare, and life sciences industries. Talented and knowledgeable through experience serving top clients in these industries.
Pros
Challenging work, good pay
Cons
Highly competitive
N/a
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL21 October 2018
Pro's - Competitive compensation and benefits packages

Con's - There are certain practices within the company that only provide opportunities and promotions to select individuals. Unfortunately there are currently a minimal # of minorities and/or women in leadership roles and those that are have not been promoted from within. Good ol boys club.
Dynamic Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY7 October 2018
During my tenure, Huron Consulting had strong workplace culture and drive for innovation in order to meet the needs of the market. I learned a tremendous amount while there and established strong professional relationships.
Accountant - Analyst - Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL15 August 2018
Great place to work, value driven company. Great leadership. Provide a coach for consultants. The have a 360 performance reviews for all supervisors/managers. Interesting assignments that provides opportunity for growth and development.
Pros
Interesting assignments, travel bonuses, salary
Cons
Travel assignment location can be problematic
Fun place to work until I was Laid Off
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL10 July 2018
I enjoyed my time here. They paid for job training such as Microsoft Certified Professional certs. Coworkers were good and benefits were good. Then they outsourced the Help Desk.
Na
IT Infrastructure/DevOps Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL13 May 2018
No Comments.
Huron is a global consultancy that helps our clients drive growth, enhance performance and sustain leadership in the markets they serve. We partner with them to develop strategies and implement solutions that enable the transformative change our clients need to own their future.
It is a good place to learn
Senior Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA28 March 2018
The company expects you work far beyond 40 hours and traveling is a pain every week at the client location. They will ask you fly out of state every week and with the cheapest way possible.
Pros
you will always have a project to work on.
Cons
Immigrants don't join this company
Stressful and minimal support
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL26 March 2018
Expectation to work far more than 40 hours weekly and while unlimited PTO - it is clearly discouraged, at least while I was there and the other team members I knew.
Good Culture / Work Life Balance (For a Consulting Job)
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL8 March 2018
Most colleagues smart, fun to work with. Relatively good work life balance for a consulting firm, though heavily depends on the project. Pay is fair, but below some competitors. Possible to end up stuck in an niche you may or may not be interested in - up to you to try and be exposed to different areas within a practice.
Its Consulting
Pharmacy Consulting Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FL7 March 2018
Its fast paced but its consulting what do you expect? They try to value time off but some people who are managers should not be in a position to manage.
Review of Huron
Sales Excellence Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL2 March 2018
I learned a great deal at Huron, although, in the end, the management was mismanaged at the time. Certain conflicts of people above my level led to a hostile environment to work in.
You cannot possibly find a better employer, period
Lead Technical Consultant, Large (Former Employee) –  Portland, OR22 February 2018
Huron Consulting is the greatest organization I've ever worked for. It's unlikely that a better firm exists. From the CEO on down, these people work hard AND want you to have a life. How they continually improve on their offering is almost so good its spooky.
Great work culture
Higher Education Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL22 February 2018
Huron has great people who work for the company. I came from non profit prior to working for Huron and was very nervous to work in the corporate world but really enjoyed working with the people.
Pros
Lots of perks with consulting and great people
Cons
Traveling can be tiresome
N/a
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, IL28 January 2018
Working at Huron Consulting Group was a great experience for me. I learned a great deal from not only our clients, but more importantly, from my peers.
Former Best Place to Work fallen on hard times
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MA4 January 2018
Huron was formerly a company with wonderful culture and many benefits, but because of a hard healthcare economy they have fallen on hard times. Lots of lay off and then hired most of them back. Cut bonuses. Sold my entire branch before I even arrived for the first day. That being said, they are such nice people -- such a great culture. It just is a series of bad high level decisions and they are doing all they can to make things better. Even after a hard 6 months things are improving and I think they will be better than ever soon.
A dying firm plagued by lack of strategy
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, IL7 December 2017
A once excellent, well-respected firm is on the ropes for survival. The firm is plagued by a crisis of leadership, and disparate practices that have been cobbled together mostly via acquisition that don't play nice with one another.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Lack of marketing, in-fighting, leadership / strategy crisis
Good company, if you are not a software engineer
Lead Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, CO2 December 2017
Overall Huron is a very good company to work for. Competitive pay and great benefits. Unlimited PTO (just don't abuse it). And a good culture. Where they fall short is in their engineering department, which is relatively new. Huron has been a successful medical consulting firm for many years, but are now trying to expand into software development. And here is where they fall short. They are still working through growing pains in an industry that is new to them. And like many companies that are new to software development they are relying too much on offshore development that isn't meeting goals.
Pros
Great health benefits, flexible PTO
Cons
Medical consulting company attempting to be a software company, but doesn't understand culture differences. I also relying more heavily on offshoring.