Hunter Steel Sales

Hunter Steel Sales Employee Reviews

Canada10 reviews

Hard work heavy lifting

ust be reliable hard working willing to work o.t. when needed drug plan after probation willing to supervised or unsupervised will train on lifttruck an crane

Pros

Driver of large truck and forklift an 10 ton crane

Cons

To date never been a lay off

No way of moving up

Very unprofessional, huge lack of communication and personal employee care.Zero room for grown in the company.Shop workers are treated like garbage while office workers belittle you.

Pros

Cons

Zero growth

Insights into Hunter Steel Sales

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Energizing work tasks

Trucks are in poor shape

Just do the job with little or no regard for safety cranes are always quiting trucks are junk just drive it.tarps are heavy full of holes but don’t get the material wet or it’s your fault.

Hard work but great staff and exciting place to work

Like it has been said, work can be hard and busy. But I would rather be bust then doing nothing all day. Customers are great and management is nice to work with

Pros

No weekends and room for advancement if you show willingness

I have worked in the shop as a labourer, as a driver and in the office as sales. Work can be hard sometimes, but if you put in the effort, it will be noticed and appreciated. The company treats the employees well and management is understanding and flexible when you have obligations outside of work. I would recommend this company to anyone.

Pros

Hard work gets noticed and appreciated

Cons

Smaller company, only a few channels for advancement

Terrible place to work

I work for about 2 weeks as a driver and they just didn't care at all about their employees! I had put in a full-day and a late order came in and I was told that they didn't care what time I got home I was expected to do the deliver. I told them what they could do with their job!

Pros

Cons

You Name It!

Horrible work experience, toxic work environment, zero job security Brantford

Brantford location is a very toxic and horrible place to work.zero room for growth 500 dollar max benefit for dental etc. MANAGEMENT AND WAREHOUSE SUPERVISOR expect mountains to be moved especially from their drivers.if you like to be bullied and harrassed allday at work then this is the ideal job for you..

Pros

Cons

Unbearable work conditions. Very dangerous work environment.

fun work environment not much room for advancement.

great staff no weekends no benefits (only medical) no room for advancement. 2 weeks vacation not everyday is the same as you are customer facing as well as on the phone. no sales targets

Standard summer workplace atmosphere

I learned a great deal in regards to dealing with a wide variety of customers, and how to efficiently work under time constraints

Good times!!

This was a fun place to work at but was very dangerous. Lots of interesting machines and something new to learn every day. On any given day you could be welding, programing a saw to cut steel to various lengths and angles, cutting huge I beams with a propane torch, and making the odd local delivery, so lots of diversity.

Pros

Good hard work will get you into shape

Cons

Extremely dangerous, like you could be killed on any given day if ya don't keep your head about ya.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunter Steel Sales. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement