Humpty's Family Restaurant Employee Reviews

Server
Server (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB31 December 2019
Great overall experience as a server her. Got to train and close restaurant on a regular basis with no supervision.
Excellent hours given to me. The guests were fantastic. Small restaurant meant it could get crazy full for hours on end during breakfast and lunch shift. My particular restaurant was open until 9pm...but you are lucky if you see a guest after 7pm. I really think having a bar or serving alcohol Would of significantly changed those numbers in an oil driven city., Small restaurant so you better be able to get along with the staff. There is one cook that will take his cooking down a few notches if he does not like you..,.so that's over all a bad experience.... Considering he gets a percentage of the bill paid by customers.
Pros
Excellent boss
Cons
No bar means less guests at night.
Its like joining a family
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB5 December 2019
I really enjoyed my time at humptys they treated everyone really good there
its like joining a family and the owners really do more then any other employer i have ever worked for
Usually understaffed, nice crew.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK25 November 2019
Most of the people working there are very nice. I don't think most staff make 35 hrs a week. English not needed to work here. Equipment is in poor repair. Was a nice institution.
work place, busy, learning
Work as cook/prep (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK23 November 2019
nice,busy, enjoy working there, staff are nice , cooking food is great experience,preparation of food is nice to learn many things to how to done.thanks
good place to work
Waitress/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 November 2019
it has been a long time since i worked here so i cannot quite give it a review , but at the time it was a good job and i enjoyed it good friendly people .
Good but Stressful
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB12 November 2019
The job was very good but stressful. very fast paced with little to no breaks during shift. other employees were very nice and friendly. like a little family.
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Camrose, AB7 November 2019
Customers were amazing and so nice. Awesome atmosphere to work in. Was mostly always busy so I was never just sitting around, always had things to do.
Very fast paced environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Brandon, MB17 September 2019
In a fast paced family restaurant, a cook has to not only prepare meals in accordance with Manitoba health quality standards, but also with Humpty's guidelines. Hiumpty's also has a high standard of cleanliness, customer service and quality meals.
It's Decent place
Cook (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK15 September 2019
I worked there a couple years the boss treated me well staff was good customes nice and always left happy will always suggest it's as a place of employment for someone seeking that!
Easy going place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB26 August 2019
Learned how to manage multiple tasks at a time and experienced great training. Fast paced environment but with the relationships built with customers and staff make the job very enjoyable
was a good place to work
Server (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB1 August 2019
good food and owners took pride in what they did. They took initiative to make the restaurant business but, they did have experience with running one before. nice people.
The worst place to work if you know a thing or two about how to properly (and legally) run a business already..
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB27 July 2019
Not a good place to work. You're expected to work past your scheduled shift (without pay) if some cleaning duties were not fulfilled on your shift. You do not get paid while doing your cash out, and if you're missing a slip, you are then made to pay either out of your tips or pocket. They refuse to look back through the register and they act like there is no way to see all the transactions for a specific day. They are greedy and treat their foreign workers with no respect. Not nice people to work for.
Entry level restaurant job.
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Moose Jaw, SK7 June 2019
Employment was your typical entry level job. Unless you brought something spectacular to the job with you, if you didn't fit in with the management then they would let you go otherwise its a friendly family oriented atmosphere to work in.
Pros
50% of 1 meal order
Cons
entry level employment with low entry level pay and no benefits.
had fun
COOK (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 June 2019
was fun wile it lasted had a great time got paid decent and made lots of friends would still be there if i could ....................................................+
Awful place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB22 May 2019
if you wanna be a janitor this is the job for you! Always left alone to clean up after the morning staff, then close by yourself! On top of it they’ve said themselves, we don’t care about your outside life which would be okay if they didn’t schedule you accordingly to their outside life! Gone partying all weekend with no help not to mention lairs, and completely selfish. Enjoy the unsanitary conditions, dirty hands and managers who put partying before others health ! Only thing good about this place was the customers and few staff members.
Pros
Customers
Horrible
Waitress/Server (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB6 January 2019
The Management of this restaurant is absolutely horrible. They are very cliquey, and not very accepting of new people. They did not care about anyone but themselves or how they were affecting family life. The kitchen was dirty and the cooks did not always wash their hands.
It was a fun place to work. Staff and management were great to work with.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Lloydminster, SK2 January 2019
It was fun. Definitely learned how to carry several plates at a time and definitely had to learn the menu. There wasn't much culture when I first started with the company but the 3 owner I worked with was from the Philippines and was good to work with. I had also hired her at Walmart so we had all ready worked together. I really enjoyed doing the office work with doing the cashouts and entering the information into the computer.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Learning how to work with different owners
Productive yet belittling workplace
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 September 2018
I struggled to strive in this workplace environment. The people often excused me from conversations and after work events aswell as refusal to speak English to me or tell me what they had said in their language.
Pros
Good job experience, food service
Cons
Discrimination, lack of English skills resulting in a feeling of isolation at the workplace, refusal to give me more than 2 shifts a week
Good
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 September 2018
Enjoyed going to work with the hours I asked for. Enjoyed all the regular customers I got as well as the new ones. Got a lot of overtime when I requested.
i love working here everyone was like a family
Server/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 August 2018
My day id come in wash down everything counters organzine fill things..plus wipe down all tables set everything exactly perfect like every other table the exact same. work alone serving hostessing taking cash doing dishes putting them away. at the end of the night 2 hrs before close well still serving customers id sweep mop bathrooms vaccum garbages..cashout clean dish pit spotless roll 100s of silverware for morning girls. close all machines print off the earnings for the day lock up set alarm ..plus many other duties such as helping the cook filling ice making coffee. the weekend days very busy we have a dish washer but bus our own tables very hands on job.
Pros
working with people who treat me like me like family, making money and tips to support my kids
Cons
it wasnt busy enough. that its closing