Humpty's Family Restaurant

Humpty's Family Restaurant Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working at this location and i learned a lot on hour to deal with customers and how to serve properly. It's important to know how to treat customers and to keep them happy. Some hard parts to this job were working with some of my coworkers and having to shut the restaurant down all by myself in the evening.
Pros
50% off meals
Cons
Very slow in the evenings so not as many tips, no free food.
I worked at Humpty’s from 2005 2009 We had great management and working team to die for Would love to work at Humpty’s again the food was great and the clientele repeat was amazing but that’s because they were treated so well by our team
Pros
Good for meeting amazing people
Cons
Non
Management hasn’t a clue on what is going on, what needs to be done... Training is Poor, with expectation that new staff should know everything after only a few shifts. Shift changes can happen last minute. Minimum staffing is stressful & cannot always serve customers in a timely & friendly manner. Owners family members that are staff do not pull their weight & are privileged to minimum work expectations. Plus side, most other coworkers are pretty easy to get along with. Customers are great.
Pros
50% off staff meals. Somewhat flexible with hours & shifts
Cons
Expected to cover shifts often on short notice. No formal training
Interview was okay, started about a week after the whole process. Unfortunately I did not end up continuing work there and quit after my first shift. They have not paid me for this shift. So be careful!
Too much busy . Great experience to learn. If you work here, you learn all the basics which are needed in a cook. It includes prep, cleaning, stocking, dishwashing, opening and closing activities apart from cooking
The management is very good, it’s a stress free environment since the manager is very nice and easy to talk to when related to work stuff and so is the staff they are nice with everyone.
the best management i been work to. the former boss is one of the best one i had. she always considerate to all of us. she is available when you need her to discuss something about work. she is working every day.
Pros
management
Cons
advancement
Thay are a good company but the management changed halfway through my employment and job moral dropped the new manager seemed nice but all the employees were used to the way things were and didn't ajust well.
Great place, management, co workers pleasant and helpful. Customers were awesome, great benefits as well. Very flexible hours, family always first. Tips were not that great but still worth working there.
it is a nice kitchen to work in and the food was delightful. the crew on shift were great and supportive in training me, the new management I do not know of as they let me go having not been able to afford my employment.
I learned a lot about teamwork,it is very important...and to cooperate,and help each other...i learn also that enable to have growth with your skills,you must be willing and follow and be more active within the specified job..and good communication with your fellow colleague.
Working at Humpty’s was very fast paste, it was competitive with a couple other restaurants in Prince Albert. The employees were very nice and the boss as well, flexible staff and hours.
Great overall experience as a server her. Got to train and close restaurant on a regular basis with no supervision. Excellent hours given to me. The guests were fantastic. Small restaurant meant it could get crazy full for hours on end during breakfast and lunch shift. My particular restaurant was open until 9pm...but you are lucky if you see a guest after 7pm. I really think having a bar or serving alcohol Would of significantly changed those numbers in an oil driven city., Small restaurant so you better be able to get along with the staff. There is one cook that will take his cooking down a few notches if he does not like you..,.so that's over all a bad experience.... Considering he gets a percentage of the bill paid by customers.
Pros
Excellent boss
Cons
No bar means less guests at night.
I really enjoyed my time at humptys they treated everyone really good there its like joining a family and the owners really do more then any other employer i have ever worked for
Most of the people working there are very nice. I don't think most staff make 35 hrs a week. English not needed to work here. Equipment is in poor repair. Was a nice institution.
nice,busy, enjoy working there, staff are nice , cooking food is great experience,preparation of food is nice to learn many things to how to done.thanks
it has been a long time since i worked here so i cannot quite give it a review , but at the time it was a good job and i enjoyed it good friendly people .
The job was very good but stressful. very fast paced with little to no breaks during shift. other employees were very nice and friendly. like a little family.
Customers were amazing and so nice. Awesome atmosphere to work in. Was mostly always busy so I was never just sitting around, always had things to do.
In a fast paced family restaurant, a cook has to not only prepare meals in accordance with Manitoba health quality standards, but also with Humpty's guidelines. Hiumpty's also has a high standard of cleanliness, customer service and quality meals.
I worked there a couple years the boss treated me well staff was good customes nice and always left happy will always suggest it's as a place of employment for someone seeking that!