Humber River Regional Hospital Employee Review

View all Humber River Regional Hospital reviews

Good team to work
Medical Laboratory Technician- Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 September 2013
Working at Humber River Regional Hospital has given me the opportunity working with great people and experience to work in a diverse environment with a full spectrum of different patients.

Typical day working at this hospital is hectic. People come in and go. But the staffs here are great and they make you feel like you belong and can tackle whatever comes through the door. The managements are always helpful and they're very attention to details (it's a must have when working in a hospital and dealing with a lot of patients).

The hardest part of the job are the loads of work that need to get done on such a small time frame. It may be hectic but the staffs make it enjoyable to work.
Pros
Great Staffs
Cons
difficult patients

Other Humber River Regional Hospital Employee Reviews

"That's Humber"
Medical Radiation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
There's a really negative atmosphere and acceptance of "that's Humber" at Humber River Hospital - from HR, to Management, to the cleaning staff, doctors, RNs, technologists.... and change is frowned upon. Working at Humber is where ambition comes to die. I have always been eager and passionate about my field of work, but with Management's lack of appreciation for its staff, and animosity amongst healthcare professionals... it has wilted.

A typical day at work involves being short staffed, under-appreciated, and over-worked. The CEO will always come from within the hospital network, as any outsider would likely bring fresh ideas and change, and until then nothing will get better.

Money is thrown towards insane things like robots that dance, instead of into proper staffing levels. The area I work in has never been scrub cleaned, and we are an area that's open 24 hours to ill patients.

I stay because the crew I work with daily are amazing, and we make it work for each other. But Humber will never care about my opinions or try to change for the better for its staff; only the way the public views it, from the outside and ignorantly.
Fun workplace
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 November 2017
I enjoyed the people I worked with, they made the days go by faster. Very busy workplace, enough work to keep you very busy.
The new hospital was nice to work in.