Humber River Hospital logo

Humber River Hospital Work-life balance reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Educational

I have had the opportunity to work in the surgical department since my hire this establishment. Like anywhere else it has its ups and downs, good days and bad days. I personally do not think it has any thing to do with management itself but the fact there is a multi cultural environment with many different personalities. On a whole Humber does encourage respect for each other and professional care of patients. It has allowed me growth as I am allowed to practice on my own license within RPN guidelines as of the CNO.

Pros

Shift times

Cons

salary

Amazing workplace

I felt from day one so good and welcomed from everyone. I am soHappy I have to go and give my help every Monday. I would love to be part of the staff at Humber River Hospital.

Love my Job

Humber feels like home. I can see myself working at humber for a long time. I love the people that I work with. Makes me excited to go to work everyday.

Pros

Good people

love working at Humber

Humber River Hospital is a great place to work, - awesome staff - great benefits - provided opportunity growth - supported my education - I felt very appreciate by staff and Management

New building but old problems

This hospital may pay well but they do not respect work/life balance or their front line staff's opinions. The executive keep their friends employed and go through managers like water. Staff satisfaction surveys are poor and there is no action taken to improve the atmosphere.

Loved working at Humber River Hospital

Enjoyed my time at Humber River Hospital. Management was amazing, there was room for advancement. Most of the employees I worked with was happy with their job.

Exciting

Pretty exciting place, lots to learn. First fully digital hospital in north america. Great team. Chances of growth are there. Fast paced work place. Exciting opportunities

The work is challenging position with a very different culture

The position is good, but one of the managers that I work makes the environment very uncomfortable to work in. I am looking to relocate into a company where they respect Mission and Values

Happy to be employed at Humber River Hospital.

Work is interesting and rewarding. It is a professional workplace setting. I am a part of a team that provides top notch healthcare. Future employment advancement appears promising.

team work

general radiography and portabe. used to work at hospital emerg. some times at main xray dept.mainly work at week end night.we have all 75 techs who perform different jobs in the hospital xray dept.some techs do port. shifts some work in OR and some ai GI and Cysto. main dept is generally closed at night. only emerg xray is open and its running 24 hours. day time we have 3 techs working for emerg and 2 techs for night shift ehery day.

Jobs at Humber River Hospital

See more jobs

Good team

Very busy emergency department! Can be overwhelming at times with high census. Most shifts there is great teamwork which makes the busy shifts a bit more tolerable.

Learning environment

Learn new skills, meet amazing people, help patients at a personal level, and have a happy environment. Volunteering at HRH brings new experiences that fulfill good memories and conversations with everyone that you encounter.

n/a

Great place to work, great management team. An organization that continues to foster growth, professional improvement and self improvement. Beautiful facility!

Busy work day - can use more staff to help with load of work good team work between nurses on the floor nice environment management was very nice on the 14th floor

Great Place to Work

Greatest job I ever had. Worked the switchboard for 8 years. Resigned in the 80's to raise a family. Big mistake!! Now that I am ready to go back it is difficult to get back in.

Do not work at humber hospital!

Toxic work environment Management have no morals, ethics, or integrity Bullying and Harassment is a spiralling problem CEO does not care about harassment in the workplace Staff treated with no respect Hospital does not pay employees overtime. Hospital violating Ontario Labour laws.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Long hours, no overtime pay, toxic work environment

Poor Management

Work long hours--expected--and not paid overtime. Management and leadership extremely poor Poor leadership Not a nice place to work Need Financial management

Pros

nice desk

n/a

Great company. great people, patient centered. Great environment to work in. compassionate place, respectful place, multi culture place to work in. developing.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Fun workplace

I enjoyed the people I worked with, they made the days go by faster. Very busy workplace, enough work to keep you very busy. The new hospital was nice to work in.

a very fun and good place to work

good customers, nice and friendly co workers... learned to be a good listener and helpful to patients very good management with the intentions to satisfy workers and customers..

Pros

nice patients

Cons

Worked closely with nurses-educating on professional practice

Rounding with nurses. Assisting nurses to trouble shoot and using critical thinking. I worked with a great team. The hardest part of the role was sustaining change.

Pros

great team work

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement