Humber River Hospital logo

Humber River Hospital Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

Educational

I have had the opportunity to work in the surgical department since my hire this establishment. Like anywhere else it has its ups and downs, good days and bad days. I personally do not think it has any thing to do with management itself but the fact there is a multi cultural environment with many different personalities. On a whole Humber does encourage respect for each other and professional care of patients. It has allowed me growth as I am allowed to practice on my own license within RPN guidelines as of the CNO.

Pros

Shift times

Cons

salary

A good workplace to work

Nice people with a good culture, the pay rate is good, but the work is a little bit demanding some times. I fully recommend this hospital to anyone who loves working at a hospital.

Pros

Nice employees

Cons

sometimes giving you extra work to do

love working at Humber

Humber River Hospital is a great place to work, - awesome staff - great benefits - provided opportunity growth - supported my education - I felt very appreciate by staff and Management

Fair

Workload is overwhelming. Nursing culture is a competitive. Benefits are good! Pay is according to the union! Parking available but you have to pay and it's very expensive .

fun work place

this job was a good job to have for the experience but the pay was not enough for the amount of work that had to be done and the hours where not what I wanted , overall good management and good experience

Productive workplace

Working with my coworkers was great but the management was horrible they did nothing to make you feel like you belong there. They were just good at talking about people and not giving credit when due. Your coworkers make it worth while to work there other than that just do you work and go home.

Pros

Good pay good benefits

Cons

Horrible management

Toxic work environment with no morale

Horrible place to work. If you have read about a hostile and toxic work environment, that's because it is true. I experienced it first hand. It's a hierarchical management system that benefits those who cannot think for themselves. Management will do anything to paint a perfect picture even if it means behaving in unethical ways - absolutely no integrity.

Very good

Good apportunity to all graduate nd as a work related experience. Develop costumer service and able to help people or patients in need. I enjoyed volunteering here

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Busy

HRH IT Dysfunction

It is exciting when you first start. But then you realize, that technicians, Senior Technicians, and management team, tend to use you, with out provide words of encouragement, or career opportunities. IT Management team and most IT senior team are not too supportive. It is advertised well, but not followed through. The Environment, is very tense. It is like an infection, the stress effects everyone until the very end of the day. Not a nurturing environment.

Pros

Benifits

Cons

Hard to gain experience

Great Place to Work

Greatest job I ever had. Worked the switchboard for 8 years. Resigned in the 80's to raise a family. Big mistake!! Now that I am ready to go back it is difficult to get back in.

Jobs at Humber River Hospital

See more jobs

Poor Management

Work long hours--expected--and not paid overtime. Management and leadership extremely poor Poor leadership Not a nice place to work Need Financial management

Pros

nice desk

really good eviroment.

It was a easy job, the best part was call the patients and let them know about they're next appoiment, working there is excelent, people always willing to help.

Pros

good salary

Cons

none.

treat staff as professional

This company is amazing. Worked since 2010 and the management team is awesome, they listened to their staff and value our contribution. Benefits is amazing. Overall happy and lucky to work in this hospital full time.

benefits

Humber River Hospital Volunteering

I always looked forward to visiting the hospital every week to volunteer. I was never bored of it despite the fact that I was not getting paid. To be honest, it's not always about the money, I just wanted experience. It was a quiet and peaceful place, and the most enjoyable part of volunteering there was because of my co-workers who also volunteered with me.

Pros

Free coffee from Tim Hortons

Cons

No salary, food was expensive

très bien

Passation avec l' équipe de garde Tour de salle visite de malade Remplissage de dossier Ramassage des linges salles Ramassage des collecte des fauteuil roulant qui traînent au couloir Rapport de fin de service l'aspect le plus discipline c'est lorsqu'on reçoit plusieurs patients a la fois. C'est un hôpital ou les administrateurs et les collègues sont très sympathiques.

Pros

Bon traitement du personnel

Cons

NĂ©ant

Bad reputation

This hospital has a reputation for uncaring staff , and it is true. It is not considered a professional hospital. Managers threaten nurses and insult nurses.

benefits

Cons

managers are narcissists

productive and fun place

great co workers, enjoyed selling and assisting with bell products to customers. great benefits and lovely co workers.

working at HRH

great place to work. great benefits great team working enviroment great managment Duties included cleaning hospital.

really stressful environment

The priority of the hospital are not really clear and because of moving to a new hospital every program has been put on hold for the last 2 yrs. Staff is good.

Pros

salary

Cons

no promotion

Operating Room Technician

A Typical day would be dealing hands on with specific O.R Instruments, equipment and procedures. Running daily maintenance on all Sterrad Systems and Biological Indicators. Setting up of all O.R surgeries and equipment. Restock of all Anesthetic products and Working along side Surgeons and Nurses with invasive procedures. Has allowed to think critically, work hands on with surgeons and nurses and apply all my skills in order to run a safe and sterile environment. Great management team. Hardest part of this job, is to be able to access a procedure and determine to proper instruments that are required to complete the task. Most enjoyable part is to be able to gain continual knowledge on all invasive procedures.

Benefits

Cons

Shift work

A place where you can gain much experience in customer service and conflict management.

Customers and staff at the hospital are fairly cooperative and easy to work with. Technical issues such as parking machines and server issues are manageable and easy to fix. Management is always made available to me for any concerns or questions. A lot of the time you are working independently and a lot of decisions are made by your own best judgement. The hardest part of the job is not being able to find an actual solution to a customer's problem and seeking advice from management when they aren't available. The most enjoyable part of the job are the benefits the company gives to full-time employees.