Humber River Hospital logo
Humber River Hospital

Humber River Hospital Management reviews

Clear

Nice place to work

High caseload, but rewarding to be part of a multidisciplinary team and helping patients. Management is approachable.Generally all staff are polite and professional.

Pros

Staff are very nice.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

Workplace culture

Stressful because of rude people working here and not allowing you to do your job and they complain and say to everyone that your useless or a HERO even if your just doing your job

Pros

Hiding place to sleep

Cons

Gossiper and back stabber

Stressful back breaking work

If you have the choice work at a different hospital. The work is extremely hard and there is a ridiculous amount of pressure from upper management. They expect more and more from you. No PSWs so feel prepared to change diapers and be feeding patients all day while also trying to function to your full capacity as an RN. Some days you are a PSW before you are a nurse.

Pros

Cons

Too much to list

Fast paced

Typical day at work is preparing and ensuring correct diet for different patient needs. I've learned many new nutritional facts and also restrictions . Management is very understanding and there for their employees for any situation. Workplace culture is very positive and team oriented having to work in different pairs or groups everyday. Hardest part of the day is having to be on your feet all day, but the most enjoyable part is interacting with the patients and other healthcare professionals.

Humber sucks

I don't know why Humber is operating. They undermine the workers who aren't nurses, doctors, technologist. The general support staff also work in pandemic.

Pros

Nothing, just collect a paycheck

Cons

Expect to treated less humane and deal with it

Educational

I have had the opportunity to work in the surgical department since my hire this establishment. Like anywhere else it has its ups and downs, good days and bad days. I personally do not think it has any thing to do with management itself but the fact there is a multi cultural environment with many different personalities. On a whole Humber does encourage respect for each other and professional care of patients. It has allowed me growth as I am allowed to practice on my own license within RPN guidelines as of the CNO.

Pros

Shift times

Cons

salary

Built my confidence

A typical day at work started with showing up at main office to be assigned to a location in the hospital and then showing up at the location to relieve on duty guard. I learned how to deal with patients and also guiding visitors around the hospital and wards. Management was ok overall. Workplace culture was based on service to patients and their visitors and collaboration between different members of the healthcare team. The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult situations regarding patients and visitors and anxiety and frustration that might happen as a part of illness. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see patients discharged from the hospital and their families happy about it.

Pros

Great Healthcare experience

Cons

Difficult situations at times

No Respect - Hospital Reviews are True

Senior staff lack respect, the organizations senior team members lack basic social skills. This type of behavior would never be accepted at any other hospital other than at Humber River. Its really sad, perhaps this is why HRH is rank so low within the hospital community.

Productive and fun place to work

Nice and fast place to work. Have to really be fast and the team are good and understanding and the management are understanding too. It has opportunity for job enhancement

Pros

Steady job

Cons

fast pace

Staff must be listen to

Working at HRH is very hard no team work management does not support staff. Mangers do what they want because they have the right to without investigating for the right truth. I will leave this job once I found a suitable one. Issues are not address accordingly

Jobs at Humber River Hospital

See more jobs

love working at Humber

Humber River Hospital is a great place to work, - awesome staff - great benefits - provided opportunity growth - supported my education - I felt very appreciate by staff and Management

New building but old problems

This hospital may pay well but they do not respect work/life balance or their front line staff's opinions. The executive keep their friends employed and go through managers like water. Staff satisfaction surveys are poor and there is no action taken to improve the atmosphere.

good work environment

good work environment. fast paced, great for first time employee. understanding management and good problem solving. great for training student and very accommodative.

Loved working at Humber River Hospital

Enjoyed my time at Humber River Hospital. Management was amazing, there was room for advancement. Most of the employees I worked with was happy with their job.

fun work place

this job was a good job to have for the experience but the pay was not enough for the amount of work that had to be done and the hours where not what I wanted , overall good management and good experience

Worst

The hospital is run by 3rd party management, when a task is complete they add 10 more tasks, and when you try to give a suggestion management says we as in the cleaners complain too much, also favortisim, if your not a certain race they give you more hours

A good environment to learn and work

Great place, as a student, I learnt a lot from Humber river hospital, It is somewhere where you can build your career and dream. Nurses were great, the management was supportive

Poor management

No fun, work under a lot of stress. No proper staff training for new hires and then previous trained staff are expected to do twice the work. Management do not listen to staff, think we complain too much. They do not follow up on daily issues encountered by staff.

Toxic

Toxic; Nepotism is alive and well at Humber River Hospital! Director listened to people who had a vendetta. Sorry, as he was and is a nice enough guy. Old fashioned old boys network! Advice: run!

great workplace with many opportunities for learning

a great team of volunteers to work and learn alongside. got to be familiarised with various systems including POP, OLGand Floral Stock. Management is a joy to interact with, and very understanding, as well as generous to their volunteers. Loved being able to help patients, fellow staff and visitors find the items they needed and loved.

Pros

free drinks @ timmies

Productive workplace

Working with my coworkers was great but the management was horrible they did nothing to make you feel like you belong there. They were just good at talking about people and not giving credit when due. Your coworkers make it worth while to work there other than that just do you work and go home.

Pros

Good pay good benefits

Cons

Horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement