Humber River Hospital
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Humber River Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun and purposeful job, enjoy my duties

I enjoy my job verry much. The hours are perfect for me. The pay is good for this position. The flexibility in the schedule is good for me. I learn something new each day.

Pros

Flexible, close to home, good salary

Cons

No full time yet

Fun

Great place to work, flexible in hrs, great staff and team work. Never felt alone. Great learning expirence. Many learning opportunities to grow from. Overall amazing

Top rated patient care

Humber River Hospital is a very quite and clean facility. All staff and administration is very cooperative. Flexible working hours.Excellent and client centered care.

Workplace culture

Stressful because of rude people working here and not allowing you to do your job and they complain and say to everyone that your useless or a HERO even if your just doing your job

Pros

Hiding place to sleep

Cons

Gossiper and back stabber

Stressful back breaking work

If you have the choice work at a different hospital. The work is extremely hard and there is a ridiculous amount of pressure from upper management. They expect more and more from you. No PSWs so feel prepared to change diapers and be feeding patients all day while also trying to function to your full capacity as an RN. Some days you are a PSW before you are a nurse.

Pros

Cons

Too much to list

Amazing workplace

I felt from day one so good and welcomed from everyone. I am soHappy I have to go and give my help every Monday. I would love to be part of the staff at Humber River Hospital.

Ok

Nephrology program mgt, hire people who is loyal to him, not base on their qualifications. In other word favoritism. No more understanding the care for kidney patients hence increase ED visit because people who are hired doesn’t have the right qualifications and doesn’t do critical thinking , doesn’t anticipate potential problems t

Nice place to work

High caseload, but rewarding to be part of a multidisciplinary team and helping patients. Management is approachable.Generally all staff are polite and professional.

Pros

Staff are very nice.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

Productive and fun place

Absolutely love working at Humber. Great staff, pay and the newest technology. Constantly improving health care regarding patient centered care. Staff are compassionate, professional and respect all individuals from all walks of life.

A good workplace to work

Nice people with a good culture, the pay rate is good, but the work is a little bit demanding some times. I fully recommend this hospital to anyone who loves working at a hospital.

Pros

Nice employees

Cons

sometimes giving you extra work to do

Jobs at Humber River Hospital

See more jobs

Fast paced

Typical day at work is preparing and ensuring correct diet for different patient needs. I've learned many new nutritional facts and also restrictions . Management is very understanding and there for their employees for any situation. Workplace culture is very positive and team oriented having to work in different pairs or groups everyday. Hardest part of the day is having to be on your feet all day, but the most enjoyable part is interacting with the patients and other healthcare professionals.

very professional unit and peers

I completed my third semester clinical practice here. I practiced from head to toe assessment and full health care from shadowing with one patient, two patients, up to four patients at the end of the semester. I got used to the electric documentation system as well. I got to know an real image of how a full load work is in a hospital setting, and I found that I am confident of this stressful job in health care area.

Pros

bright and harmonious working environment

Humber sucks

I don't know why Humber is operating. They undermine the workers who aren't nurses, doctors, technologist. The general support staff also work in pandemic.

Pros

Nothing, just collect a paycheck

Cons

Expect to treated less humane and deal with it

Very fun

The land keeping department at the hospital was seasonal work but it was fun and relating. The staff inside to the hospital was friendly and courteous. The job was to keep garbage off the lawn and out of the bins.

Love my Job

Humber feels like home. I can see myself working at humber for a long time. I love the people that I work with. Makes me excited to go to work everyday.

Pros

Good people

Educational

I have had the opportunity to work in the surgical department since my hire this establishment. Like anywhere else it has its ups and downs, good days and bad days. I personally do not think it has any thing to do with management itself but the fact there is a multi cultural environment with many different personalities. On a whole Humber does encourage respect for each other and professional care of patients. It has allowed me growth as I am allowed to practice on my own license within RPN guidelines as of the CNO.

Pros

Shift times

Cons

salary

Built my confidence

A typical day at work started with showing up at main office to be assigned to a location in the hospital and then showing up at the location to relieve on duty guard. I learned how to deal with patients and also guiding visitors around the hospital and wards. Management was ok overall. Workplace culture was based on service to patients and their visitors and collaboration between different members of the healthcare team. The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult situations regarding patients and visitors and anxiety and frustration that might happen as a part of illness. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see patients discharged from the hospital and their families happy about it.

Pros

Great Healthcare experience

Cons

Difficult situations at times

An amazing institution

I love working at Humber River Hospital. The staff are professional, talented and friendly. I am grateful for the opportunities I've been given at HRH.

fun workplace

A great place to work. Nurses are kind and hardworking, they care about there job. The patient is really nice. 100% would recommend to anyone who tries to find a good nursing job.

No Respect - Hospital Reviews are True

Senior staff lack respect, the organizations senior team members lack basic social skills. This type of behavior would never be accepted at any other hospital other than at Humber River. Its really sad, perhaps this is why HRH is rank so low within the hospital community.

Fast Paced, Competitive, and fun at times

Learned a lot. First time I was exposed in a big hospital here in Toronto. I was able to observe how the culture is in a hospital like the Humber RIver.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement