Humber River Hospital

Humber River Hospital Employee Reviews for Volunteer

Amazing workplace

I felt from day one so good and welcomed from everyone. I am soHappy I have to go and give my help every Monday. I would love to be part of the staff at Humber River Hospital.

Amazing Volunteer Experience

An amazing opportunity to give back to your community. Everyone on the volunteer services team is so kind and helpful. Always a great way to end my day.

Collaborative teamwork in a well-established environment

It's one of the up-to-date healthcare settings in Toronto. Working together to deliver exceptional, innovative and compassionate health care in our community to make people more healthier throughout compassion, professionalism, and respect.

Productive and fun workplace

great place to work. excellent staff. great hospital. In all honesty, no one should be forced to write a review let alone 150 characters minimum. I believe this should really be optional not required.

Very good

Good apportunity to all graduate nd as a work related experience. Develop costumer service and able to help people or patients in need. I enjoyed volunteering here

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Busy

supportive work environment

Working at Humber River Hospital has taught me many skills including customer service skills in the form of patient and patient family member interaction.

Organised workplace system.

A lot of enjoyable patient and visitor interaction whilst working at Humber River. The volunteer services team was very organised and friendly to staff members. Enjoyed helping many people in many different situations that may arise in the hospital such as directing people to certain clinics, fetching wheelchairs, folding clothing bundles as well as instructing patients on how to change in order for doctors to perform certain medical procedures. Overall a very good experience and I learned a lot of customer service skills as well as my adaptability in various situations.

Pros

Learned lots and friendly management team.

Cons

Many requirements just to get started on the job (various medical tests).

Summer Volunteer

Great place to volunteer in order to learn about the health care and hospital environment. Usually two 4 hour shifts during the summer. Students are placed in a patient interaction and clerical duties to increase exposure in both areas. You get a certificate for your volunteer contributions. People are very nice and great to work with.

A friendly and fun environment to work .

Productive and friendly environment to work in . I have learned about team work in order to get the job done. The hospital is well organized and run in a very efficient manner to satisfy every patient, staff, volunteering and visitors needs. The hardest part of the job is not getting a job at Humber River Hospital after volunteering for over six years, The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people every and helping them with their questions and appointments. also being able to put a smile on their faces and a thank you as they exist the hospital. .Thank you.

Pros

free beverages

Cons

Not considering volunteers a number one pirority when hiring people for a job

Overall enjoyable place to volunteer

A typical day at work involves interacting with patients or helping to locate patients for their family members. Management is wonderful and very understanding and works with you.

Great place to volunteer

Humber River Hospital is a very friendly place to work. There are a lot of different positions that are possible in case you want to explore which career you want to follow. The staff in the different departments I work with were all very friendly and nice. The volunteer organizers are very flexible to the hours you put in.

Productive and enjoy learning.

Volunteer only My day goes well so far. What I perceived is what I received. I learned to do data input, checking patients information and matched with the day sheets. Learned the customer service for patient's family and guest. Dealing with difficult patients and how to interact with them. Filling medical supplies to each room. Good relationship with the staffs. The workplace culture sounds fair to me, I don't have any difficulty because I am willing to do the work. I enjoy dealing with people, interacting and being a good help to them to the best that I can.

Pros

Free Coffee

a very fun and good place to work

good customers, nice and friendly co workers... learned to be a good listener and helpful to patients very good management with the intentions to satisfy workers and customers..

Pros

nice patients

Cons

Very friendly and caring environment.

Volunteering at Humber River Hospital has opened my eyes to many different roles and duties within the hospital environment. Both patients and staff were very welcoming and appreciative towards the abundance of volunteers circulating throughout the summer as well as year round. The volunteer services management is very organized. Volunteers are expected to clock in and clock out before and after every shift just like a regular paying job would. I have learned to expertly file patient lists, attend to patients' needs and assist the nurses in non- medical tasks.

Pros

free drinks, exposure to the medical environment

I love badminton and swiming

I love whatever job I do. This is because I do them willingly and accept corrections whenever it is given. I learn to be patience with slow workers and complete any un- done work by my team mates not minding. My job placement area can testify to my hard work, tirelessness and efforts to do all assigned work properly.

Pros

N/a

Cons

9Pm to 6am and 9am to 9pm

Productive and Safe place to work

If you have an interest in the health care field perfect to apply.

Productive workplace

Everyone is friendly and the management is great! My co-workers were very supportive and made me look forward to be volunteering there.

Pros

Meeting new people

Cons

When it gets really quiet

Fun workplace, gain a lot of experience.

I really enjoyed working here. There was a lot of interaction with patients and you could work with nurses as well. It was a great way to realize what you're getting into entering the medical field.

productive and a good place to work

My experience as a volunteer in Humber River Hospital was very exciting. Since it was my first hospital care setting i was able to familiarize the work of a medical administration assistant. I was able to work with three areas in 4th floor and be of help with the secretaries/admin asst. It was a learning experience because they were very helpful to me and they give me some tips and insights as well on how to work in the hospital.

Pros

free snacks from tim horton's

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement

Compare Humber River Hospital with

Humber River Hospital Reviews by Location

• Humber River Hospital
  • Volunteer
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?