Humber River Hospital

Humber River Hospital Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Fun

Great place to work, flexible in hrs, great staff and team work. Never felt alone. Great learning expirence. Many learning opportunities to grow from. Overall amazing

Stressful back breaking work

If you have the choice work at a different hospital. The work is extremely hard and there is a ridiculous amount of pressure from upper management. They expect more and more from you. No PSWs so feel prepared to change diapers and be feeding patients all day while also trying to function to your full capacity as an RN. Some days you are a PSW before you are a nurse.

Pros

Cons

Too much to list

Ok

Nephrology program mgt, hire people who is loyal to him, not base on their qualifications. In other word favoritism. No more understanding the care for kidney patients hence increase ED visit because people who are hired doesn’t have the right qualifications and doesn’t do critical thinking , doesn’t anticipate potential problems t

Fair

Workload is overwhelming. Nursing culture is a competitive. Benefits are good! Pay is according to the union! Parking available but you have to pay and it's very expensive .

Exciting

Pretty exciting place, lots to learn. First fully digital hospital in north america. Great team. Chances of growth are there. Fast paced work place. Exciting opportunities

Good team

Very busy emergency department! Can be overwhelming at times with high census. Most shifts there is great teamwork which makes the busy shifts a bit more tolerable.

Negative experience

The nurses are great to work with. Very helpful. However, management does not appreciate all the hard work and dedication that their staff has placed in their work. Ultimately, management thinks about business and image.

Staff are great to work with

Staff / colleagues keep people here" family" Many changes to management Management not consistent unit to unit Senior management trying to improve workplace

Pros

Staff are great to work with

Cons

Difficult getting vacation, management no consistent unit to unit

Great new hospital

Humber River is now digital and is the leading way for how hospitals provide service for their clients. All equipment is new, advanced, modern with good reviews.

Policy needs improvement.

Nursing at Humber River is rewarding however, management makes it difficult at times. Focus is more on the unit budget rather than exceptional patient care.

Jobs at Humber River Hospital

Registered Nurse positions
See more jobs

It's a good place to work

I have been working there for close to 5 years, it is a really good hospital to work for, friendly nurses, and managers, good working environment. I feel well supported here.

My Review

Nice place to work, good one-team work.Collaborate with Doctors, pharmacy and other allied. Perfect system for patient's safety. Quick team response.

Pros

8 and 12 hours

Cons

Comprehensive documentation

Have a very helpful staff, I learned a lot my preceptor was very understanding and patient. The environment was very accomodating to everyone especially in the ER.

Good place to advance your practice

Nice Hospital, with lots of opportunities to advance. They provide good practice in-sessions. They do need to improve their documentation for their nurses.

pro and cons

Great group of people to work with, however, moving into a position the individuals who are qualify for the jobs never receive them. They are given to the ones who is not qualify.

Fast paced unit

A day on the cardiology unit is very fast paced and requires constant critical thinking. Patients get admitted and discharged with great regularity. Humber has taught me to prioritize my time will providing safe and ethical care to my patients.

Productive and hard working.

I have learned that each work day is a chance to embrace new learning experiences. Working in acute health care settings for 2 years, has allowed me to work under high pressure and develop strong communication and leadership skills.

Pros

Strong commuinication, time management, leadership skills, strong computer and verbal comprehension

fun place to work Great people

Best place to work where patients care come first. Great group of people to work with. The only problem I work parttime. management and coworkers is great not enough hours to answer all the questions patients and family have and meet all their needs satisfied patients

Pros

working full time

Cons

working part time

Good work-life balance

Working as an RPN in Humber River Hospital provided me an opportunity to practice in the extent of my scope as a nurse, which helped me use my knowledge, skills and judgement in my full capacity.

co workers functional and get along well as a team

The most enjoyable part of the job are the co workers whom I have a good working relationship with and the new skills I have obtained working in this unit. The most difficult part is dealing with emotional impact of death and dying patients as well as the expectations from some of the families.

Good place to start a career

Humber River Hospital offers a various opportunities for students and new graduate students to learn and further their nursing practice. There is a good camaraderie between co-workers and the management offers good supports to their employees. The hardest part of the job maybe the increasing difficulty of patient cases and situations both in and out of the hospital. Lastly, the most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction that you feel after being able to help other people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement