Humber River Hospital

Humber River Hospital Employee Reviews in Toronto, ON

Fun

Great place to work, flexible in hrs, great staff and team work. Never felt alone. Great learning expirence. Many learning opportunities to grow from. Overall amazing

Stressful back breaking work

If you have the choice work at a different hospital. The work is extremely hard and there is a ridiculous amount of pressure from upper management. They expect more and more from you. No PSWs so feel prepared to change diapers and be feeding patients all day while also trying to function to your full capacity as an RN. Some days you are a PSW before you are a nurse.

Pros

Cons

Too much to list

Amazing workplace

I felt from day one so good and welcomed from everyone. I am soHappy I have to go and give my help every Monday. I would love to be part of the staff at Humber River Hospital.

Ok

Nephrology program mgt, hire people who is loyal to him, not base on their qualifications. In other word favoritism. No more understanding the care for kidney patients hence increase ED visit because people who are hired doesn’t have the right qualifications and doesn’t do critical thinking , doesn’t anticipate potential problems t

Nice place to work

High caseload, but rewarding to be part of a multidisciplinary team and helping patients. Management is approachable.Generally all staff are polite and professional.

Pros

Staff are very nice.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

Productive and fun place

Absolutely love working at Humber. Great staff, pay and the newest technology. Constantly improving health care regarding patient centered care. Staff are compassionate, professional and respect all individuals from all walks of life.

A good workplace to work

Nice people with a good culture, the pay rate is good, but the work is a little bit demanding some times. I fully recommend this hospital to anyone who loves working at a hospital.

Pros

Nice employees

Cons

sometimes giving you extra work to do

Fast paced

Typical day at work is preparing and ensuring correct diet for different patient needs. I've learned many new nutritional facts and also restrictions . Management is very understanding and there for their employees for any situation. Workplace culture is very positive and team oriented having to work in different pairs or groups everyday. Hardest part of the day is having to be on your feet all day, but the most enjoyable part is interacting with the patients and other healthcare professionals.

Humber sucks

I don't know why Humber is operating. They undermine the workers who aren't nurses, doctors, technologist. The general support staff also work in pandemic.

Pros

Nothing, just collect a paycheck

Cons

Expect to treated less humane and deal with it

Very fun

The land keeping department at the hospital was seasonal work but it was fun and relating. The staff inside to the hospital was friendly and courteous. The job was to keep garbage off the lawn and out of the bins.

Jobs at Humber River Hospital

in Toronto, ON
See more jobs

Love my Job

Humber feels like home. I can see myself working at humber for a long time. I love the people that I work with. Makes me excited to go to work everyday.

Pros

Good people

Built my confidence

A typical day at work started with showing up at main office to be assigned to a location in the hospital and then showing up at the location to relieve on duty guard. I learned how to deal with patients and also guiding visitors around the hospital and wards. Management was ok overall. Workplace culture was based on service to patients and their visitors and collaboration between different members of the healthcare team. The hardest part of the job was to deal with difficult situations regarding patients and visitors and anxiety and frustration that might happen as a part of illness. The most enjoyable part of the job was to see patients discharged from the hospital and their families happy about it.

Pros

Great Healthcare experience

Cons

Difficult situations at times

fun workplace

A great place to work. Nurses are kind and hardworking, they care about there job. The patient is really nice. 100% would recommend to anyone who tries to find a good nursing job.

No Respect - Hospital Reviews are True

Senior staff lack respect, the organizations senior team members lack basic social skills. This type of behavior would never be accepted at any other hospital other than at Humber River. Its really sad, perhaps this is why HRH is rank so low within the hospital community.

Fast Paced, Competitive, and fun at times

Learned a lot. First time I was exposed in a big hospital here in Toronto. I was able to observe how the culture is in a hospital like the Humber RIver.

Productive and fun place to work

Nice and fast place to work. Have to really be fast and the team are good and understanding and the management are understanding too. It has opportunity for job enhancement

Pros

Steady job

Cons

fast pace

Amazing Volunteer Experience

An amazing opportunity to give back to your community. Everyone on the volunteer services team is so kind and helpful. Always a great way to end my day.

Fun workplace with friendly people

It's a public place. You find more disabled people. People who like to help it's a good place to do volunteer work. You will get more opportunity and develop good communication skills as well.

Staff must be listen to

Working at HRH is very hard no team work management does not support staff. Mangers do what they want because they have the right to without investigating for the right truth. I will leave this job once I found a suitable one. Issues are not address accordingly

love working at Humber

Humber River Hospital is a great place to work, - awesome staff - great benefits - provided opportunity growth - supported my education - I felt very appreciate by staff and Management

Productive place

Nurses worked well with other nurses and as well as other health care providers. There was a good method of documentation and medication dispensaries.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7Job security/advancement

Compare Humber River Hospital with

• Humber River Hospital
  • Toronto, ON
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?