Humber River Hospital

Humber River Hospital Employee Reviews in Etobicoke, ON

Educational

I have had the opportunity to work in the surgical department since my hire this establishment. Like anywhere else it has its ups and downs, good days and bad days. I personally do not think it has any thing to do with management itself but the fact there is a multi cultural environment with many different personalities. On a whole Humber does encourage respect for each other and professional care of patients. It has allowed me growth as I am allowed to practice on my own license within RPN guidelines as of the CNO.

Pros

Shift times

Cons

salary

Good team

Very busy emergency department! Can be overwhelming at times with high census. Most shifts there is great teamwork which makes the busy shifts a bit more tolerable.

n/a

Great company. great people, patient centered. Great environment to work in. compassionate place, respectful place, multi culture place to work in. developing.

Pros

n/a

Cons

n/a

Operating Room Technician

A Typical day would be dealing hands on with specific O.R Instruments, equipment and procedures. Running daily maintenance on all Sterrad Systems and Biological Indicators. Setting up of all O.R surgeries and equipment. Restock of all Anesthetic products and Working along side Surgeons and Nurses with invasive procedures. Has allowed to think critically, work hands on with surgeons and nurses and apply all my skills in order to run a safe and sterile environment. Great management team. Hardest part of this job, is to be able to access a procedure and determine to proper instruments that are required to complete the task. Most enjoyable part is to be able to gain continual knowledge on all invasive procedures.

Benefits

Cons

Shift work

A fast paced environment and great experienced

My typical day in a Health Care setting started with established procedures. I got my assessment, listened to the morning’s reports and worked efficiently during the day while caring for my patients, researching the clinical setting, and doing my documentation. It was an acute and fast paced environment where I had to be constantly alert and ready for critical thinking and problem solving. I was ready to gain knowledge and skills as well as help others. I evaluated my knowledge, skills and personal qualities in relationship to the patients, families, health team and interdisciplinary professionals. For example, I used my time efficiently to perform patient morning care, V/S checking, physical and physiological assessment, feeding, medication, bed-bathing and documentation. By managing my time well, I was welcome to assist team members and strengthen and gain farther knowledge and skills. For example, I advanced my skills in wound care managing, suctioning, catheterisation, Blood sugar monitoring, Intramuscular injection, intravenous therapy and blood transfusion. Also, from the team I learned the specific care; management and interventions related to cardiac, pulmonary and complex care patients. I advanced my communication strategies with the patients and their families. Next, I practiced comprehensive assessments and right documentation related to patients’ admissions, transfer and discharge plans. Also, I observed, practiced and developed good team and interdisciplinary communication that created a colleagues support system while maintaining patients progress as -

Jobs at Humber River Hospital