HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL Employee Reviews

Nice facility
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 May 2018
This hospital is equipped with some of the most up to date technology which makes providing care to patients a lot more easier. In addition, the facility is visually appealing as this facility was recently built.
My Review
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
Nice place to work, good one-team work.Collaborate with Doctors, pharmacy and other allied. Perfect system for patient's safety. Quick team response.
Pros
8 and 12 hours
Cons
Comprehensive documentation
Overall enjoyable place to volunteer
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 April 2018
A typical day at work involves interacting with patients or helping to locate patients for their family members. Management is wonderful and very understanding and works with you.
Great place to volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 April 2018
Humber River Hospital is a very friendly place to work. There are a lot of different positions that are possible in case you want to explore which career you want to follow. The staff in the different departments I work with were all very friendly and nice. The volunteer organizers are very flexible to the hours you put in.
Poor Management
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Work long hours--expected--and not paid overtime.

Management and leadership extremely poor

Poor leadership

Not a nice place to work

Need Financial management
Pros
nice desk
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2018
Have a very helpful staff, I learned a lot my preceptor was very understanding and patient. The environment was very accomodating to everyone especially in the ER.
Good place to advance your practice
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
Nice Hospital, with lots of opportunities to advance. They provide good practice in-sessions. They do need to improve their documentation for their nurses.
Good teamwork
RPN (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
High pay
Good environment
Department Management constant change
Staff teamwork is exceptional
Confidentiality policy is very strict
Beautiful hospital
Cons
Too much walking
Comfortable place to work
Patient Care Assistant/Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2017
I learned to help and enjoy my workplace. Met so many wonderful people who were also willing to help and their experience. Patient care helped me look into many fields of employment.
Best Placement Experience
Nursing Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Humber River Hospital has been a great field for my placement. The workplace culture was amazing and harmonious. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I work with amazing people under capable management.
treat staff as professional
Mammography/BMD Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 June 2017
This company is amazing. Worked since 2010 and the management team is awesome, they listened to their staff and value our contribution. Benefits is amazing. Overall happy and lucky to work in this hospital full time.
benefits
Productive and enjoy learning.
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  North York, ON11 May 2017
Volunteer only
My day goes well so far. What I perceived is what I received.
I learned to do data input, checking patients information and matched with the day sheets. Learned the customer service for patient's family and guest. Dealing with difficult patients and how to interact with them. Filling medical supplies to each room. Good relationship with the staffs.
The workplace culture sounds fair to me,
I don't have any difficulty because I am willing to do the work.
I enjoy dealing with people, interacting and being a good help to them to the best that I can.
Pros
Free Coffee
great hopital
Registered Practical Nurse clinical student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 April 2017
my typical day at work is always fulfilling. great hospital and great service provided. good workplace culture. the hardest part of the job is time management. the most enjoyable part is family interaction.
Pros
nice nurses
Cons
long wait
workplace
Clerical Support - Cardio-Pulmonary Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2017
Working at Humber River Hospital is a good experience for many. The environment and culture are more than acceptable and the management treat the staff with respect and dignity.
pro and cons
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 March 2017
Great group of people to work with, however, moving into a position the individuals who are qualify for the jobs never receive them. They are given to the ones who is not qualify.
Fast paced unit
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 March 2017
A day on the cardiology unit is very fast paced and requires constant critical thinking. Patients get admitted and discharged with great regularity. Humber has taught me to prioritize my time will providing safe and ethical care to my patients.
Humber River Hospital Volunteering
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  1235 Wilson Ave, Toronto, ON M3M 0B21 February 2017
I always looked forward to visiting the hospital every week to volunteer. I was never bored of it despite the fact that I was not getting paid. To be honest, it's not always about the money, I just wanted experience. It was a quiet and peaceful place, and the most enjoyable part of volunteering there was because of my co-workers who also volunteered with me.
Pros
Free coffee from Tim Hortons
Cons
No salary, food was expensive
A good place to start your career.
PERMANENT PART TIME DIALYSIS ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2017
It's nice place to grow and learn new skills and knowledge. The administration is well organized and implement their set of standards and policies farely.
Pros
free scrubs...
Good working environment
ICU Registered Nurse, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 January 2017
Patient centered care hospital with team work.
With the new and innovated hospital building patient turnover is high and creates a busy and continuous learning for staff.
Worked closely with nurses-educating on professional practice
Clinical Practice Leader (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2017
Rounding with nurses. Assisting nurses to trouble shoot and using critical thinking. I worked with a great team. The hardest part of the role was sustaining change.
Pros
great team work
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL. Our community is ready to answer.

HUMBER RIVER HOSPITAL Reviews by Location