Humber River Hospital

Working at Humber River Hospital: Latest Humber River Hospital Reviews

Canada172 reviews

riverhospitalpatientnursevolunteerunitstaffnursing

fast-paced working environment

the management, co-workers are great! had a great time working for this hospital, very fortunate to be part of the well involved team! everyone's welcoming and willing to give you a hand without even asking and it's like you're in this one big family support team.

If you like helping people this is the place to be.

Love the autonomy that I get from working in this environment. The things I have learned here, I didn't learn in school! I'm a true adventurist and I wish someone told me that everyday I walk into work will be something new I would have joined this company alot sooner.

Pros

Dinner if you work on Christmas!

Cons

Sometimes stressful but, it's a team environment and you learn to work together.

Insights into Humber River Hospital

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness

Working at Humber River hospital was a great experience I would recommend working at Humber River Hospital.

I loved working at Humber River Hospital.The doctors and nurses were great to work with and went out the way to help. Working in a hospital is the best way to build your resume experience and skills.

very hard to keep up

as a new student, it's hard to keep up. nurses on units are either a hit or miss. patients are the same. either they're nice or they're trying to fight you.

Great job security

Very stressful during Covid due to reduced staff and heavy workload. High expectation from management and not always enough emotional support but overall a great place to work.

Violation of Human Rights Protected Grounds

Poor treatment of employees and lack of support for diverse employees. Humber has a lot of labour relations issues. I strongly do not recommend this facility

Cons

Violation of Human Rights -racial discrimination

Fun and purposeful job, enjoy my duties

I enjoy my job verry much. The hours are perfect for me. The pay is good for this position. The flexibility in the schedule is good for me. I learn something new each day.

Pros

Flexible, close to home, good salary

Cons

No full time yet

Fun

Great place to work, flexible in hrs, great staff and team work. Never felt alone. Great learning expirence. Many learning opportunities to grow from. Overall amazing

Top rated patient care

Humber River Hospital is a very quite and clean facility. All staff and administration is very cooperative. Flexible working hours.Excellent and client centered care.

Workplace culture

Stressful because of rude people working here and not allowing you to do your job and they complain and say to everyone that your useless or a HERO even if your just doing your job

Pros

Hiding place to sleep

Cons

Gossiper and back stabber

Stressful back breaking work

If you have the choice work at a different hospital. The work is extremely hard and there is a ridiculous amount of pressure from upper management. They expect more and more from you. No PSWs so feel prepared to change diapers and be feeding patients all day while also trying to function to your full capacity as an RN. Some days you are a PSW before you are a nurse.

Pros

Cons

Too much to list

Amazing workplace

I felt from day one so good and welcomed from everyone. I am soHappy I have to go and give my help every Monday. I would love to be part of the staff at Humber River Hospital.

Ok

Nephrology program mgt, hire people who is loyal to him, not base on their qualifications. In other word favoritism. No more understanding the care for kidney patients hence increase ED visit because people who are hired doesn’t have the right qualifications and doesn’t do critical thinking , doesn’t anticipate potential problems t

Nice place to work

High caseload, but rewarding to be part of a multidisciplinary team and helping patients. Management is approachable.Generally all staff are polite and professional.

Pros

Staff are very nice.

Cons

No opportunity for advancement

Productive and fun place

Absolutely love working at Humber. Great staff, pay and the newest technology. Constantly improving health care regarding patient centered care. Staff are compassionate, professional and respect all individuals from all walks of life.

A good workplace to work

Nice people with a good culture, the pay rate is good, but the work is a little bit demanding some times. I fully recommend this hospital to anyone who loves working at a hospital.

Pros

Nice employees

Cons

sometimes giving you extra work to do

Fast paced

Typical day at work is preparing and ensuring correct diet for different patient needs. I've learned many new nutritional facts and also restrictions . Management is very understanding and there for their employees for any situation. Workplace culture is very positive and team oriented having to work in different pairs or groups everyday. Hardest part of the day is having to be on your feet all day, but the most enjoyable part is interacting with the patients and other healthcare professionals.

very professional unit and peers

I completed my third semester clinical practice here. I practiced from head to toe assessment and full health care from shadowing with one patient, two patients, up to four patients at the end of the semester. I got used to the electric documentation system as well. I got to know an real image of how a full load work is in a hospital setting, and I found that I am confident of this stressful job in health care area.

Pros

bright and harmonious working environment

Humber sucks

I don't know why Humber is operating. They undermine the workers who aren't nurses, doctors, technologist. The general support staff also work in pandemic.

Pros

Nothing, just collect a paycheck

Cons

Expect to treated less humane and deal with it

Very fun

The land keeping department at the hospital was seasonal work but it was fun and relating. The staff inside to the hospital was friendly and courteous. The job was to keep garbage off the lawn and out of the bins.

Love my Job

Humber feels like home. I can see myself working at humber for a long time. I love the people that I work with. Makes me excited to go to work everyday.

Pros

Good people

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber River Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement