Humber College

Humber College Employee Reviews

Canada344 reviews
For 7 years I have worked for Humber College doing the Acting Demos for the "Acting for Film and Television" program. It's always a great experience even though it's a short experience. To work alongside many talented people who enjoyed their work is what motivated me to continue learning and growing as a sound engineer.
Most enjoyable part of the job is being able to be a part of the students learning. They start first semester anxious & unsure of process & procedure. By the end of the semester you see how much they have learned. It's a very rewarding experience.
Humber College is an amazing place to work. Colleagues are almost always in a good mood and management is understanding.

The overall atmosphere is somewhat relaxed but there is always something to do. As long as you finish our work on time you shouldn't have any problem with stress.

If you are looking for somewhere to make tons of money this isn't the place, salaries are dictated by the union, and advancement is almost only possible with higher education.
Job was great. Colleagues were great too. Its a school, so work pace is great, unless if you're one of the honchos. Then turnover is quite high. But everyone is trying
I worked for Humber athletics while I was in school, it was a great experience, great balance between school, work and life. The co-workers were great , management was great
You can start volunteering and this can lead to you working as a part time worker while studying. You can even work with friends and even meet new people during working there.
I worked there while I was studying as a Law Clerk, so it was a nice place to work for and gained so much experience while working with professionals.
Good place to work and a lot to learn.Must have experience to work here.
A lot other opportunities which you can take and move forward.

The hardest part is just to deal with people who can't understand simple things
Worked as a Research Assistant (Web Developer) for an internal project at Humber College. The pay was decent for a student job (16$). You get paid biweekly. But there's no career advancements for research assistants.
I have learned the importance of communication, responsibility, collaboration, and teamwork. The workplace culture was very enjoyable as all individuals were able to treat each other equally and with respect. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to work as a team to simultaneously provide our individual strengths together to the workforce to ensure high quality and effective service.
The people are ok. management is weak and afraid to make decisions. lots of talk very little action. still ok place to work. work life balance is good.
My experience working with Humber College has been very positive. I am lucky to have such great bosses and co-workers. They take your own schedule and personal life into strong consideration when scheduling you and making sure that you are happy with your hours. Overall it is a great place to work when trying to manage full time school and a part time job.
I believe Humber is a perfect place for any student to start their career and I really enjoyed working for Humber and I would always love to come back.
Great benefits, good salary, great team, over all great place to work, very innovative and likes to be the first in new polices and procedures, very forward thinking
overall it was a good experience. I learned a lot in regards to event planning, team collaboration and working with deadlines that need to be met. they also hade flexible hours
It is fast-paced but easy to work with a lot of help and support.
I am learning how to work quickly, safely, and produce quality products for the shop on campus which is a shop that sells food to the students, made by students. We also do events that require us to cook and plate food.

The most enjoyable part is being able to work on campus and go to class right after work without having to travel somewhere else.
I am enjoying my time at Humber so far because of the excellent working environment. At Humber, they want you to succeed.

Staff has been great to me
Working at Humber College as a Gym Supervisor was a very relaxed experience. As a full-time student, the management took care and worked around your availability outside of class. Humber College treats you like their family which is great for collaboration and problem-solving. It was a pretty straight forward job and I'm glad to be a part of the team.
Humber is very institutional and hierarchical. The requirements can be oppressive and interfere with the joy of teaching. I was satisfied with my pay and I enjoyed working with the students, so I guess it is an okay place to work.
Work was part of the program which helped me in understanding the concepts and knowledge areas in Project Management. Enjoyable working with fellow members and faculty of Project Management.
Working for Humber College while studying there, was a great experience. The College has such a vibrant community, and so much opportunity to get involved and advance your professional skillset.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humber College. Our community is ready to answer.
4.4