Humber College Employee Reviews

A professional and interactive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
As part of the requirement in obtaining my certificate in Information and Communication Technology, I fulfilled an unpaid six week position of Administrative Assistant in the Health Sciences Department of Humber College. While in this position I received incoming phone calls to the department, I answered student's enquiries and provided information regarding nursing courses.
I enjoyed being able to answer the students' enquiries and helping to clarify what they were unsure or unclear about.
Productive and fun learning environment
Developmental Service Worker - Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
The school employs professors who are working in the field and are able to use their real life experiences to teach. The studies includes teaching the use of the required tools that are relevant in the field e.g. the use of MAPS.
Good Work Environment For Students
HUMBER ROOM – EVENT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
If you're willing to learn new on job skills and improve your people skills then this job would be a good fit as it enables you to go outside of your comfort zone with great management and equally great coworkers.
Pros
Learn lots on job
Cons
Sometimes customers can be annoying
excellent workplace, great teamwork.
Spa Esthetician | Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
Reliable and professional teamwork, the management is excellent , great customer service and advanced skincare products are always available for clientele.
Computer Operation Cleaner
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
I learn many things to do cleaning the monitor screens and gather up the inventory. My hardest part is the scrapped the labels. My work is everything is so great at organized the labels, that was an amazing design about the computers and systems like mechanic operators, it was really good work for me.
Pros
Free lunches
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 April 2018
give out towels to customers, supervise the gym, weight and cardio rooms. ensure that everything is running smoothly, and no body is getting hurt while at the gym.
safe place to work
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2018
understanding administration people plus a safe place to work. While expect you to be good at your job, benefits are fair enough and environment is friendly.
fun and productive environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2018
Tutoring at Humber college was a good experience since along with tutoring I personally would get to learn new stuff from other students. In case of a difficulty the management was always there to offer assistance.
Cool place to be at
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 March 2018
Humber College has one of the most enjoyable workplace vibes ever experienced in my life. Friendly people, no stupid office politics, your personality REALLY MATTERS! In love.
Pros
Free food, great experience
Cons
not enough hours
Great job opportunity for students
Living Learning Community Programmer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
Worked closely in a team setting to ensure the well being of over 400 college students. Worked on call shifts, attended weekly staff meetings, and programmed events for students bi-weekly. Work place culture is friendly and supportive. The most difficult part of the job was balancing the job with life and school. The mot enjoyable part of the job was making a positive difference in my surrounding community. Being the change I wanted to see happen.
Pros
Free meals, Staff socials, young and vibrant work environment
Cons
having to deal with high pressure situations, work place politics
Great place to learn new things
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 February 2018
This was a great place to apply project management tools and techniques. The work environment was great, the people were very supportive. The hardest part of the job was the long hours required for school deliverable and project deliverables.
Pros
Excellent Culture
Cons
Long Hours
Camera Operator (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 February 2018
Everyone is very welcoming and helpful. Never felt like I was out of place and someone was always there to help me if I needed it. It's always fun to be able to watch sports and with this job you get to watch sports and get paid in the process.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Can have long hours
Student Job
Event Staff and Social Media (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 February 2018
Assisted Student Athletic Association with athletic events on and off campus, amazing work experience. Work study approval needed. Always a friendly and enjoyable work day.
A great way to contribute to students' success
STUDENT SUPPORT OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 February 2018
The best part is that you're able to help students' in their questions which is a great feeling. Absolutely love the work that I do and people I work with. Of course, the location!
Love to work in a multicultural environment with international students
International Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 February 2018
• Undertook administrative duties and special projects as assigned.
• Designed, planned, arranged, organized, diverse students events, trips, and group workshops.
Excellent college
Instructor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 January 2018
Humber teachers and managers are committed to providing an excellent learning environment for students. There is strong support for first-time teachers from other faculty and management.
An amazing job to have when going to school at Guelph-Humber
Customer Service Representative, Campus Walk (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 January 2018
This job was amazing to have. Gave me great experience and life lessons. Management was always helpful and made me feel comfortable when working there.
Amazing colleagues
Peer Tutor | Math Center Associate (Current Employee) –  Lakeshore, ON22 January 2018
A great work environment for students. They are flexible. They adjust the schedule based on students flexibility. There are no negative experiences so far.
great place to work
Professor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 January 2018
Excellent pay and support for professors. Variety of working hours. Great networking opportunities. Opportunity to develop skills in other areas. Great technology supprot
Pros
excellent pay
Cons
inconsistent contract availability
friendly and exciting work environment
Co-op (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 January 2018
I always learned something new every time i came to work ranging from how to use a shot clock to how to set up and put away bleachers. the most enjoyable part of my job was being able to watch sports and knowing you helped make this happen. My manager was a respectful and nice person who wants to see everyone succeed even by pushing you to work to the best of your abilities. It was a friendly environment due to the fact that everyone there is a student, from fellow staff to the players on the court, everyone was respectful. The hardest part of the job was having to learn how to do many different tasks in order to help effectively.
Pros
free lunches good sports games