Humber College Employee Reviews

Very productive environment
Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2018
Great place to work there as team and individual
technical suport available at office and class
student a great resources to search in
good place to develop your self
Great Learning Experience
Clinical Instructor - RN (Former Employee) –  Ontario14 August 2018
The staff are very supportive and are always there to answer questions.
Benefits are great
Orientation process are thorough and helpful. Learning packages are given to help instructors with their teaching
Learning experience
Donation Dodge Ball Special Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2018
This is a post-secondary school I took where I've learnt a lot from the professors there on what the program is about. As I took Recreation and Leisure Services to hopefully work at an area based on that field.
Having fun and learning of each other
Dispatcher, Shift Supervisor and MLEO Guard (Current Employee) –  Humber College North and Lakeshore4 August 2018
MLEO guard, Shift Supervisor, Events guard. The place for me that I would like to work should be different cultural and background. The most enjoying part of working is everyone is having fun at the job
Great classroom to work in
Teaching Assistant (TA) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON27 July 2018
Teacher was knowledgeable and worked with the students, and the students enjoyed the work and their effort reflected it. I never felt like my one on one sessions with students was ever taken advantage of as they all wanted to learn and get better.
Athletics Staff
Athletics Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 July 2018
- Provide excellent customer service
- Addressed questions about facility and gym memberships
- Multi-tasking when dealing with large amounts of people who want to access the gym
- Monitored gymnasium, weight room, and cardio room for people’s safety when handling machines and heavy weights, as well providing first aid if necessary
good
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON10 July 2018
overall a good starting position for someone working while in school. they provide you with many opportunities to expand your knowledge base in your career path by working with you to develop products in your industry.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
limited hours
Transition and Advisor Leader
Transition and Advising Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Leader, SK9 July 2018
The ob required me to prepare presentation to first generation students enrolled in the first year of the Interior Decorating program. The sessions were geared towards helping students to get familiar with helpful resources.
Teaching
Instructor of CIP courses (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 June 2018
Programme Coordinator was outstanding. Teaching the CIP courses was a joy and allowed me to give back to the industry by teaching the courses. It also allowed my to stay current with changes in the industry.
Pros
Teaching students
Cons
A professional and interactive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2018
As part of the requirement in obtaining my certificate in Information and Communication Technology, I fulfilled an unpaid six week position of Administrative Assistant in the Health Sciences Department of Humber College. While in this position I received incoming phone calls to the department, I answered student's enquiries and provided information regarding nursing courses.
I enjoyed being able to answer the students' enquiries and helping to clarify what they were unsure or unclear about.
Productive and fun learning environment
Developmental Service Worker - Student (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 June 2018
The school employs professors who are working in the field and are able to use their real life experiences to teach. The studies includes teaching the use of the required tools that are relevant in the field e.g. the use of MAPS.
Good Work Environment For Students
HUMBER ROOM – EVENT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 May 2018
If you're willing to learn new on job skills and improve your people skills then this job would be a good fit as it enables you to go outside of your comfort zone with great management and equally great coworkers.
Pros
Learn lots on job
Cons
Sometimes customers can be annoying
excellent workplace, great teamwork.
Spa Esthetician | Nail Technician (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2018
Reliable and professional teamwork, the management is excellent , great customer service and advanced skincare products are always available for clientele.
Computer Operation Cleaner
Media Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 April 2018
I learn many things to do cleaning the monitor screens and gather up the inventory. My hardest part is the scrapped the labels. My work is everything is so great at organized the labels, that was an amazing design about the computers and systems like mechanic operators, it was really good work for me.
Pros
Free lunches
customer service
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 April 2018
give out towels to customers, supervise the gym, weight and cardio rooms. ensure that everything is running smoothly, and no body is getting hurt while at the gym.
safe place to work
Technologist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 March 2018
understanding administration people plus a safe place to work. While expect you to be good at your job, benefits are fair enough and environment is friendly.
fun and productive environment
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON21 March 2018
Tutoring at Humber college was a good experience since along with tutoring I personally would get to learn new stuff from other students. In case of a difficulty the management was always there to offer assistance.
Cool place to be at
International Student Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON16 March 2018
Humber College has one of the most enjoyable workplace vibes ever experienced in my life. Friendly people, no stupid office politics, your personality REALLY MATTERS! In love.
Pros
Free food, great experience
Cons
not enough hours
Great job opportunity for students
Living Learning Community Programmer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2018
Worked closely in a team setting to ensure the well being of over 400 college students. Worked on call shifts, attended weekly staff meetings, and programmed events for students bi-weekly. Work place culture is friendly and supportive. The most difficult part of the job was balancing the job with life and school. The mot enjoyable part of the job was making a positive difference in my surrounding community. Being the change I wanted to see happen.
Pros
Free meals, Staff socials, young and vibrant work environment
Cons
having to deal with high pressure situations, work place politics
Great place to learn new things
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON27 February 2018
This was a great place to apply project management tools and techniques. The work environment was great, the people were very supportive. The hardest part of the job was the long hours required for school deliverable and project deliverables.
Pros
Excellent Culture
Cons
Long Hours