HUGO BOSS

HUGO BOSS Employee Reviews

Canada22 reviews
competitive and a good place to focus
it was a little bit stressful during the black friday and the boxing because there was so much people for 11 hours but we manage to make it work and i think we were a pretty good team and i only gain knowledge from that work
I don't recommend the Vaughan Mills location. Managers are very mean and insulting.
All was wonderful. Loved working for Hugo Boss. However the retail leaders ( Store Manager and Sales Manager) are unpleasant, insulting, bad leaders, and set the worse examples for their associates.
They treat their staff poorly, they are selfish.
Great place
Managers were great. Really relaxed place. So you just concentrate on your own work. Really fast paced. Great company to work with. Fabulous team. Get a Su
Productive and competitive, but low paid
The pay in Hugo boss is really low, but if you wanna learn and get skilled in luxury costumer service, Hugo Boss is a good compony to train you. Very well organized and neat.
Incompetent management
This review is for the outlet locations.
Management makes the job more stressful than anything else. No work/personal life balance. Scheduling is done not by business needs but by managers preference.

HR will not solve any complaints.

There is too much drama.

Only way to get by is to sell and keep your mouth shut the rest of the time.
Productive and hard working area
It was totally a new experience for me. It helped me to be more careful about each and every small thing around me and work in a group. The best part was working in a group of people with different cultures. I got to know how to manage time and dedication.
awful
management was horrible, there was no team work ethic, your opinion was not valued, and the mental health of the employees was never taken into consideration and the general care for a persons well being was never acknowledged.
very friendly environment
The co workers were like family and treated me like one as they were always there to help me with the RF scanner when i needed and it was always fun working there with lots of experience
Productive work place.
Well balanced life/ work management. Good work environment. Colleagues were helpful and friendly. Team work was essential. The job can get quite stressful sometimes, but it was overall a good experience.
Tough
The stores are still quite new to being stand alone stores, they are more used to being small segments within department stores so all the head office management in charge of stand alone stores are all quite broad, as in, they are all newly hired, yet to agree on one way tpo do things, they have all come from other companies and all have their own way to do things.
All the managment that I dealth with had COMPLETELY been redone with three months which was mayhem..our DM was promoted, new DM we didnt meet for 3 months..store manager was moved on..no store manager for 6 weeks..

Mayhem.

Great ethos, the brand knows where it wants to go but not implemented with heart.
Overall a great company to work for
One of the largest fashion houses in the world is also one of the most structured and well-run companies I have ever worked with. The company is fashion forward and has adapted to the rapid changes of retail quickly.
Pros
Fair compensation, generous employee discount
Great place
Learn new things everyday, develop people skills and sales as well. Training could be better for certain products and management needs to be a little bit more organized.
Fast pace and overall fun to work at
A fun atmosphere to work in , fast pace and always busy , product in the store was reasonably good .Staff was helpful and easy to work with
Pros
Very good discount, good product
Cons
No room for advancement, training could be better, could not see future for longevity
work
It was a fun environment , staff was good and money was good too. got a lot of work done every day and learned a lot of new stuff. it was a productive team and everyone worked together and got the job done.
worst place
worst management and staff. people keep ion fighting ith eachother and management keep on putting pressure on the subordinate staff.doesnt recommend at all.
Great workplace and employer
A typical day would include opening the cash, contacting clients, merchandising, dealing with customer situations, meeting KPI's and wearing a smile throughout the entire day.
I learned about luxury clothing, interacting with people of all walks of life and how to become a manager to many personality types.

Management and co-workers were great to work with they were motivating and supportive.

Hardest part of the job was leaving, but unfortunately I had to leave the country for personal reasons.

I enjoyed every aspect of this job, my favorite part would be styling people to help them leave feeling great about themselves and having them return for further purchases.
Pros
Team building, Leaving with the skills I learnt, Bloor St location, Celebrity shoppers
Cons
Location, Slow days
Fun place to work but seasonal hours are killer!
I needed a part-time seasonal job and I was placed here through a staffing agency for seasonal hours. On boxing day, I worked a 14 hour shift! 8 am - 10 pm. I only got half an hour of lunch...don't remember getting any breaks and honestly there was no time to breathe.
I did enjoy working with the fellow employees and everyone was really nice.
Pros
Great employees and working attitude
Cons
Extremely long hours during Christmas Holidays
Positive Work Atmosphere
Working at Hugo Boss Canada, has been a positive and very enjoyable experience. Each day I am able to learn new tasks and I understand how important my role is in the company. Hugo Boss Canada employees all work together as a team and are each very supportive of each other, which allows me to look forward to go into work each day.
The workplace environment wasn't the most positive.
I met a lot of great folks while working at Hugo Boss. Overall the work environment wasn't the most positive environment. A lot of improvements to be made.
Exciting place to work
It was a wonderful company to work for and I was able to interact with customers on a day to day basic
Summer position to assist in a wide array of different daily tasks at the Canadian head office Location
While an extremely unstructured work environment at times was frustrating the individuals throughout the company were a great pleasure to work alongside