Huge Employee Reviews

dont do it
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY15 March 2018
before HUGE went public it was a pretty great place to work. Once IPG stepped in, everything changed. There are massive layoffs every year, you advancement is based more on who you know rather than the work you put in.
Awesome Place to Work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY9 March 2018
Huge provides a great environment to work in. The people in the office a very friendly and always willing to help. We have a awesome "bring your dog to work" policy.
Fun place to work at
Freelance Motion Designer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC4 March 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Huge. I was only there for a week as I was they hired me part time for a project they were working on. But, the people there were nice and friendly, and if given the opportunity, I would go back if I could.
Fun place to work but not supportive
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY26 January 2018
Cool office and all that, great benefits and interesting people to work with. But management is not invested in your career as a junior employee. Sink/swim mentality.
Empresa de garagem
Desenvolvedor Web (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJ15 November 2017
A HUGE americana é uma empresa mediana de propaganda, no Brasil é apenas um escritório de projetos mal sucedidos. Mais uma empresa de cultura falsa, que usa uma pretensa jovialidade para atrair jovens talentos e explorá-los.
Pros
Nada
Cons
Tudo
Ambiente agradável, salário não tão bom.
Estagiário Designer de produto (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJ9 November 2017
A Huge é exemplo em cultura de empresa. Para jovens e pessoas dispostas a aprender é um lugar muito rico em informação. Tem profissionais excelentes no que fazem, mas não remunera tão bem os mesmos e certas vezes demora a promovê-los.
Pros
Cultura e aprendizado
Cons
Remuneração e promoções
Fun culture and amazing people
Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY2 October 2017
I made the most of my time at huge, the culture was great and the people were amazing, but I felt like my career advancement was stunted. The growth of the company skyrocketed and in my opinion it was hard for them to sustain that growth.
A great place to learn and create great stuff
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Antioquia24 August 2017
A great place to learn and create great stuff.
English spoken and writing skills are a must.
A high dependency of NY's office, then the projects are highly tied to them. If NY's office don't send projects to Colombia, then people must be fired because it's expensive for the company keep a lot of people in bench waiting for projects.
Pros
Free lunches and healthcare insurance. Free snacks. Great facilities.
Cons
High dependency of main offices and projects in USA, then you could face unsteadiness sometimes.
Huge
Client services (Former Employee) –  NYC, NY9 August 2017
Dynamic place to work, always changing and very competitive. If you're not comfortable with that, you will not do well at Huge, but if you are, then you will be fine.
Pros
food, company events
Cons
demanding, pressure to grow
A great place to work with smart & candid people
GROUP DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CA19 July 2017
The culture and attitude of the offices vary widely, but Huge is generally a great place to work with lots of up-front candor and a common goal of wanting to do the best work. Generally some of the best account management I've seen (and I don't work in that group). Politics are rough at the top levels, but otherwise it's all really good.

Be warned though: If you're a highly sensitive person or you dread real feedback OR if you lack the ability to stand up for yourself or your ideas this may not be a good fit. Strong personalities thrive though.
Pros
Nice perks, genuinely smart colleagues, decent work life balance.
Cons
It's still an agency, and there is no firewall to keep out awful clients.
Typical Agency - Overpromise, underdeliver
Sitecore Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GA20 June 2017
Huge is a typical design agency trying to integrate development work. If you're a designer, this would be an ideal place to work. As a developer, you get short-changed.

Huge doesn't understand CMS or the thinking necessary to deliver on the beautiful designs they create.
Pros
Work with really smart people, beautiful design work
Cons
No real process, under-deliver to clients
Empresa que estimula o desenvolvimento dos profissionais e o crescimento
General Manager and Finance Director (Former Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJ20 April 2017
Iniciei na Empresa bem no início da operação no Brasil. Consegui ser um dos influenciadores do ambiente de trabalho, levando a empresa de 6 a 150 funcionários e mesmo em franca expansão o clima colaborativo estava presente. Empresa onde os funcionários se sentem parte de uma família.
Pros
Ambiente de trabalho colaborativo
Cons
Não possui distribuição de Bonus para todos os funcionários
Great job, needs flexible hours
Contract Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY15 March 2017
See above. Great job, great company, great coworkers. I felt respected and like I was contributing more than I was allowed to with previous employers.

Well-stocked kitchen with all of the seltzer you can drink, great tea, great coffee, bagel day once a week.

Incredibly socially aware company, blew my mind how good they were about it.

Cons: Hours are 9:30 - 6, period. No flexibility.

People steal things off of your desk, you must put things in your drawer and lock it.
Unspoken work life imbalance
Associate Program Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY9 February 2017
Working long hours is required, but not talked about openly. Burnout is quick for most. People are incredibly smart and the work is always amazing. It just comes with a lot of sweat and tears.
Poor Management
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MI7 December 2016
Turning into the next Team Detroit office. Managment hand picks the staff, no internal promotions, must adhere to NYC office hours, sit within UM teams.
High turn over with a corporate attitude.
Anon (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY18 August 2016
This place is seriously messed up. I have never seen so many hires and fires a day or such a cavalier attitude to who comes or goes. It is 100% politics and show. I've worked at corporate jerk places with more perks and benefits, but in the end here if you have something like a family or health problem you have to deal with...bye-bye.

Only "big-wigs" are "important", so if you are thinking "gosh, my coworker has a major work stopping situation" or "gosh, that guy has a simple lame dumb problem and it isn't effecting any progress, but I can help him in five seconds". Well basically you are wrong. And guess what, the "big wig" is fired tomorrow anyhow, and so are you.
Pros
Nice people day to day
Cons
Terrible management, no OT compensation. Insane backstabbing and HR.
Happy Place To Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY4 April 2016
Coworkers who are great human beings, very smart, and cool work. Happiest I've ever been at work.

However, if you lack a strong manager it is easy to be swept up as a casualty in office politics.
.ótima empresa
Coordenadora Administrativa e Gerente de projetos (Current Employee) –  Rio de Janeiro, RJ8 December 2015
ótima empresa para se trabalhar, um lugar onde pude moldar a minha carreira , aprendi muito ,tanto na área administrativa quanto na área de projetos.
Lacking in leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NY17 April 2014
Very long hours, work/life balance is non-existent. Upper management lacked the skills or knowledge to support their departments.
Dont waste your time... you can do better
UX Lead (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn1 April 2014
Yes its great to have alcohol on the premises at Huge and all the Seltzer water and apples you can eat but at the end of the day its not worth it.

In essence you learn nothing unless you are part of a click. Clicks are notorious at Huge no one really EVER earns an opportunity to get "there" on their own because they know the craft.. its all about who on the management side they know internally. Its said that you should master your job title before seeking another role... well if you smoke up with the right person.. IF they happen to remember the discussion afterward-you may just get what you want. Its not until a BIG mistake is made that cant be buried that people wake up and really start to focus. No growth potential, no process, not a real grown up working environment. Management needs to be managed.in most cases fired ..When you have tote bags that say Gold WEED Myrrah and Zero F's.. it leaves a lot to whats going on beneath the surface.. Stay away from this sweatshop and find a better place to earn your keep!!!!!
Pros
Commute
Cons
lazy employees, cut throat enviornment, dirty facility, benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huge. Our community is ready to answer.