Hudson Group Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 May 2018
This was my first job and the management was bad, played favourites and was mean to those she didn’t like. Constant turnover as the hours were long and at bad times. You deal with so many peoples problems and get paid minimum wage. If flights were delayed you were expected to stay late- as late as 1am. You got long shifts and not enough breaks. We had 10 different stores at the time and got moved between all of them. Would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Management, long hours, wage
terrible management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 May 2018
no proper training is given upon boarding and expected to be familiar outright with the assigned job. Not transparent, co-workers are not friendly even management. the superficial impression is given during training. The not fun place to work with people come and go.
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
terrible boss and co workers not friendly.
Leaving in Dinosaur age
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 May 2018
Hudson literally run most of the retail space at YVR operation and has a huge responsibility for overall YVR operation but there HR policy and employee treatment is pathetic and hurtful.
just a job not a career
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  edmonton airport3 May 2018
Bad experience there , short hours the company was more concerned with making money than there staff managers were ok at times. To many stupid rules not a career there just a job not to many people in the warehouse spoke english. mornings were busy but afternoons not that much work to do so you were sitting around you were asked to go home early
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short hours, bad wage
Provides you with good work experience
Airport (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
I liked to meet and get to know different people at work which consisted of my boss, colleagues, and the customers.
It was a relaxing and a fun and a peaceful working environment with kind and hardworking people.
Pros
Experience
Good shifts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 January 2018
The shifts were good and the staff and management were great. Only thing I didn't like was working in the store alone for 8 hours, I liked when the stores were busy the best as it gave something to do.
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
Boring
Not bad
Warehouse Associate and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  2000 Airport Road NE, Calgary11 December 2017
everything was decent except the managers, they are very rude and they fire people without any explanation. work place is pretty good and the people working there are very nice
Good work place especially if you're a new immigrant.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 November 2017
There's a certain busy hour(s) in each store.
You have to deal with different people every day so it helped me with my customer service skills & knowledge.
The hardest part of the job is that you're not allowed to sit. You have to stand up for the entire shift. The most enjoyable part is you sometimes see celebrities.
Long hours unappreciated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 August 2017
You must work on their schedule even if you made plans let them know before the schedule was made. Lack of Management understanding problem employees face and rampant favoritism along with constant employee turn around. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Some employee acknowledgment, benefits
Cons
long hours, treatment of young employees, random work schedule, favoritism, constant employee turn around
For a Retail Job was a good place to work
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton International Airport13 August 2017
I enjoyed my time at Hudson's
Fun place to work - listening to music in warehouse
no stress stocking shelves completing store orders
Airport Discounts at stores
Friendly people
Pros
various jobs daily
Cons
shift work morning & afternoons
An international company with great leadership and culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2017
As a sales associate ,i am responsible for the selling floor and making sure i meet my daily budget. i have come to realize joy and happiness selling the right products to costumer. Hudson group at Edmonton international airport has a great management in place, as well a great sales and costumer representative. it is a perfect atmosphere conducive for learning and growing.
Pros
great management
Cons
short hours
Productive Job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 June 2017
I like my job hours, reasonable pay, good co-workers, good commute, enjoy my job. Typical day is meet and greet customers, manage the store, cover break times for stores at international terminal.
Seem good, but bad as fact
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 June 2017
Management have no respect for everyone, only expect you to work for them, don't care how it's done and dont treat you as a person. Use you when they can, and kick you away when they don't need you.
Pros
Cons
bad hours, bad management
A different monster.
Warehouse Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 April 2017
Although this job was not very physically demanding it was definitely a challenge. It was a large learning curve from the get go and it not your typical retail location.
near to house
Head Supervisior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
Hudson group was my first job,started as a cashier then promoted as a shift supervisor.It was a good experienced ,I learned many things,specially deal with the customers. Management was very good.
Pros
good management
A typical day at work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC8 February 2017
Responsible for emplementing and executing selling programs and techniques of the company for sales and quality services.
Pros
Nice environment
Cons
Schedule
A typical day at work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
As a sales associate your dealing with people and everyday you associate with them giving your 100% customer service. The work is very challenging and productive. As far as the management is concern all was great and doing well in accordance to standard.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Future carrer
This workplace was okay, very undermanaged
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Enfield, NS30 January 2017
I have worked at Hudson Group for just over 8 and a half months and I am looking for something new because I am not getting enough hours only working one shift a week for a minimum of 4 hours.
Cons
Supervisors are usually late when it is the end of your shift.
Friendly and caring workplace
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Canada at YYC airport28 January 2017
Encourage social and cultural meetings for staff. They provide trainings every month. they acknowledge any extra work done by staff. They reward staffs by giving certificates.
Pros
20% Off the price in store
Cons
sometimes big workload
Horrible Horrible Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
This company cares nothing about their employees. We are on our feet all day with only one 1/2 hour break. We are not allowed to sit down anytime we are working. Management changes your shift continuously and tells you "It's needs of the business" when it occurs. They schedule you for a month in advance but it never works out. We are also told we are making good money at the airport...30 cents over minimum wage but its even less when you have to start paying for the mandatory health care. The company has no trust in any of its employees and has cameras everywhere...including the lunch room.

Stay away!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Group. Our community is ready to answer.