Hudson Group Employee Reviews

Do not work here
Sales (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS30 May 2018
This was my first job and the management was bad, played favourites and was mean to those she didn’t like. Constant turnover as the hours were long and at bad times. You deal with so many peoples problems and get paid minimum wage. If flights were delayed you were expected to stay late- as late as 1am. You got long shifts and not enough breaks. We had 10 different stores at the time and got moved between all of them. Would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Management, long hours, wage
Excellent Experience
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 September 2018
Great company and culture. I learned an incredible amount from the AGM, GM and RVP that helped me to grow in my career and as an individual. Working here was a great opportunity.
Long hours unappreciated
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS28 August 2017
You must work on their schedule even if you made plans let them know before the schedule was made. Lack of Management understanding problem employees face and rampant favoritism along with constant employee turn around. Would not recommend working here.
Pros
Some employee acknowledgment, benefits
Cons
long hours, treatment of young employees, random work schedule, favoritism, constant employee turn around
just a job not a career
warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  edmonton airport3 May 2018
Bad experience there , short hours the company was more concerned with making money than there staff managers were ok at times. To many stupid rules not a career there just a job not to many people in the warehouse spoke english. mornings were busy but afternoons not that much work to do so you were sitting around you were asked to go home early
Pros
free coffee
Cons
short hours, bad wage
terrible management
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 May 2018
no proper training is given upon boarding and expected to be familiar outright with the assigned job. Not transparent, co-workers are not friendly even management. the superficial impression is given during training. The not fun place to work with people come and go.
Pros
nice work schedule
Cons
terrible boss and co workers not friendly.
It's so boring
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2015
The management is great, very supportive and understanding when you have family issues. Don't take this job though if you want to be stimulated, it's so boring, like REALLY boring! You're never allowed to sit but you aren't allowed to stand behind the cash register on the cushion pad if there isn't a customer so you end up hurting at the end of the day. I think the hardest part though is getting to see all the people coming and going and going on vacation or going to school for some awesome career field and you're (might be) stuck working this horribly slow job. They should also pay more to make it better.

Also you get a 30 minute break after two hours and then only 1 15 minute break two hours after that
Pros
Good management, Benefits
Cons
Too slow, depressing, back aches, very under appreciated, horrible break schedule
Leaving in Dinosaur age
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC22 May 2018
Hudson literally run most of the retail space at YVR operation and has a huge responsibility for overall YVR operation but there HR policy and employee treatment is pathetic and hurtful.
A typical day at work
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 February 2017
As a sales associate your dealing with people and everyday you associate with them giving your 100% customer service. The work is very challenging and productive. As far as the management is concern all was great and doing well in accordance to standard.
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Future carrer
Provides you with good work experience
Airport (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 April 2018
I liked to meet and get to know different people at work which consisted of my boss, colleagues, and the customers.
It was a relaxing and a fun and a peaceful working environment with kind and hardworking people.
Pros
Experience
Good shifts
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS10 January 2018
The shifts were good and the staff and management were great. Only thing I didn't like was working in the store alone for 8 hours, I liked when the stores were busy the best as it gave something to do.
Pros
Meet lots of people
Cons
Boring
Fun, busy environment. Many areas to grow and learn new roles
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver9 September 2015
i enjoy the fast pace and early morning shifts do I can be home for my family in evening.
There are lots of different stores to work in so you don't get bored.
Pros
great benefits package, free parking.
very fun team oriented workplace.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 June 2015
day to day customer service, constantly busy. on a typical work day, you always get to meet new people. worked in retail, hospitality departments.
Pros
bonus pay on top of my salary
Cons
unpredictable work schedule.
Good work place especially if you're a new immigrant.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC28 November 2017
There's a certain busy hour(s) in each store.
You have to deal with different people every day so it helped me with my customer service skills & knowledge.
The hardest part of the job is that you're not allowed to sit. You have to stand up for the entire shift. The most enjoyable part is you sometimes see celebrities.
Horrible work shifts, no pay for over time, no incentives
Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 June 2013
It is impossible to advance in this Company, the local management in Vancouver do not evaluate based on performance but on who they like more. They conveniently advanced one East Indian person to Operations Manager as a success story, however, no one else. They keep on cutting hours to all employees, there is no incentive to work hard for this company, do your hours and get out of there.
Cons
No good coaching, no leading by example, no fair pay.
Good Luck here
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC1 July 2016
Poor management. Extremely stressful for a supposed easy job. Many employees are leaving and because of it there is much more work for everyone else. Many of the management are not only intimidating but are extremely difficult to talk too and to get a hold off. At this point it would be easier to contact the dead.

overall no respect.
Pros
coworkers
Cons
only one 30 minute unpaid break, long hours, no room for other jobs, have to have open availability
An international company with great leadership and culture
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2017
As a sales associate ,i am responsible for the selling floor and making sure i meet my daily budget. i have come to realize joy and happiness selling the right products to costumer. Hudson group at Edmonton international airport has a great management in place, as well a great sales and costumer representative. it is a perfect atmosphere conducive for learning and growing.
Pros
great management
Cons
short hours
Not bad
Warehouse Associate and Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  2000 Airport Road NE, Calgary11 December 2017
everything was decent except the managers, they are very rude and they fire people without any explanation. work place is pretty good and the people working there are very nice
strict and all about money
sales associate (Current Employee) –  enfield2 July 2015
this company is very strict
the management has next to no communication with the employees
its not all bad the people as in the co-workers are like a big family
also the job itself is easy
good hours as well
Pros
family good money easy
Cons
long hours bad management
Horrible Horrible Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB17 January 2017
This company cares nothing about their employees. We are on our feet all day with only one 1/2 hour break. We are not allowed to sit down anytime we are working. Management changes your shift continuously and tells you "It's needs of the business" when it occurs. They schedule you for a month in advance but it never works out. We are also told we are making good money at the airport...30 cents over minimum wage but its even less when you have to start paying for the mandatory health care. The company has no trust in any of its employees and has cameras everywhere...including the lunch room.

Stay away!
near to house
Head Supervisior (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 March 2017
Hudson group was my first job,started as a cashier then promoted as a shift supervisor.It was a good experienced ,I learned many things,specially deal with the customers. Management was very good.
Pros
good management
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson Group. Our community is ready to answer.