Hudson Group

Hudson Group Employee Reviews

Canada63 reviews
Nice place to work and learn how to multitask. Delivering products to stores three times a day. some times more. Small warehouses organization is a key factor.
Pros
Good team
Cons
poor management
If you are looking for a job I don’t suggest you apply here.
The management is the worst, they fight and backstab each other. And blame it on their employees. They don’t know how to do their jobs, no organization and no team work. Worst job I have ever had!

I have never been humiliated in my entire career!
Pros
Airport is nice
Cons
I could go on and on
It’s a real authentic Indian Cuisine’s,The working environment are good and coworkers and management are very friendly,they are served real Indian spicy foods..and the kitchen and restaurants are well maintained
worst and incompetent general manager.
i wish i can give management (gm) negative rating.

they need puppets and buttering employees here, if you are good at it, good place

worst Management i have ever seen.

least cooperative people.

No HR here, so they do what ever they want and show everything different to upper management and higher management gets no complaints because no body complain because they start retaliate to employee.

so they always leave.
Pros
nothing
Cons
low hours, low pay, uncoperative management, excessive stress.
When I was working at Hudson the management was not good they appreciate to any body’s work and they are putting burden to workers and they never listen the problem of the employee some of the people from management was bad not all. So now I don’t know how is the management. I hope so now they are good
Fun place to make some friends.long hours work not getting notice. Heavy lifting and delivering merchandise in store all over the airport. Too much back stabbing. communication gap between management and team.
Great people to work with, hours are long and because of standing for long hours and staff being paid just above min. the turn over is substantial. The plus side of that if you want to work lots of hours they are available.
Pros
The people
Cons
standing on feet for long hours, 1 break every 4 hours, even when you need to use the washroom you are at the mercy of Store supervisors and leads.
learning new new skills
Excellent communication and written skills

Ability to work as part of a team

Flexibility to work in an ever-changing environment
Really enjoyed working . Good staff , good management. All the supervisors were very friendly and helpful. Learn a lot from them. Nice experience at the airport. HR was very nice and helpful. Always guide me to the correct way.
Pros
Atmosphere
Cons
Late night shifts
Poor mangement, mostly south Asians work here, so they have extra perks. They make new person’s life miserable as they want him/her to do all the work for them so that they can play games on their phones.
Not only that, they do NOT pay you for overtime, if you’re scheduled for 8 hours and for some reason if they make you stay late they don’t pay you single penny. Basically you’re working free for them.
Pros
Airport is beautiful
Cons
A lot, make you stay late but don’t pay you single penny, racism, treat you like an animal
Stay AWAY from this place!!! Hudson-YYC is the worst place I’ve ever worked!!!
The management is very poor especially the Operational managers. They do not know how to be leaders and far from being a role model. They are not capable of any communication, commitment, decision-making and they do not know what HONESTY means!! They play dirty inner politics.

When people complain they don’t actually do much. What type of company refuses to pay attention to the employees complains and moreover does not do anything in regards to it.

The most important thing is the cultural work environment!!!--- If you don’t come from the same cultural background and are from a different race, don’t bother wasting your time to get free insult look. Employees/Supervisors just don’t care if there is someone who doesn’t speak their language. They speak their mother language on the floor and in front other employees who are left out of conversations. ZERO respect and professionalism.

Finally, for what they pay working as a supervisor it’s not worth it! CHEAP COMPANY!!!

Company’s policy and employee treatment is pathetic and hurtful.

Do not spend your energy with this company!
when i first got this job i loved it, some of the things i still love but for the most part i dread going. i don't feel like i'm actually part of the community because everyone refuses to speak English around me so i'm excluded from the majority of all conversations and it seems some of the managers and supervisors either suck it their job or are stuck on a high horse thinking they're just the best when in reality they're not. and the customers make me want to pull my hair out, most of them are too stupid to know where the counter is and for some reason they just can't grasp the consent that they are in an airport convenience store so of coarse a bottle of tater it going to be $3.99 but apparently thats my fault.

i had such high hopes for this job but it's time for me to find something else.
Pros
The airport is beautiful, you don't have far to go to get something to eat and the calgary link is so much fun
Cons
a lot
There is not opportunity to grow, management changes constantly so there is no consistency on procedures.

The team is great, variety of culture.

Schedules are hard sometimes starts at 4am
Pros
Variety of culture
Cons
Shifts starts at 4am
Beautiful and felt honored to work in ADT. I learned a lot and improved my computer skill, handling customers, improved my communication skills as well. The training and the updates in the company were given timely and to everyone.
Pros
Very good organization
work timing is not good
closing time sucks

long hours and dirty politics an racism every manager take care of his favorite employee

too much racism no body listens only GM does what he likes
short breaks unorganized unprofessional alot and i mean a lot of callouts/turnovers. 20% discount but still over paying for merchandise but you do get to see dogs walking around the airport so thats something
Wages are not competitive compared to other places inside the airport.

Co-worker s were friendly, once you get to know them and are helpful.

Understaffed always because of this they'll move you to different stores and make you work twice.

Poor management. Some supervisor don't take responsibilities and keep on passing duties to others.

Two times I had to close store by myself and nobody showed up till 1am . I had to take a cab they made it harder to get reimbursement of cab money and didn't acknowledge that it's their fault.

Some time's you've to work overtime and you'll go home late. Shifts you'll be getting is not fixed. Every day you'll be working in different stores.

If you're young guy and say yes to everything they'll take advantage. Early breaks. If your shift starts at 1:30 you'll be taking break at 2pm but, some supervisor s are nice enough to extend that to few hours.

Yearly increase in wages by less than.50 cents/he

Mostly people who are above 55+ are sticking in here and the others are students and unfortunate full timers.

If you're working in crazy busy newsstand most times you have to all the work cause you'll be by yourself. Usually 3peoplle works there.
Pros
Friendly co workers
Cons
Irregular hours, over time, poor management, understaffed, no career advancement.
Wage is okay but not even with the work that you do on a daily basis. Hard to take time off as the scheduling isn't very flexible when I had worked here.
it was nice to work at the airport, okay environment because of my coworkers. low paying job for the many things they ask of you. your regular sales job. need better management.
Great company and culture. I learned an incredible amount from the AGM, GM and RVP that helped me to grow in my career and as an individual. Working here was a great opportunity.
This was my first job and the management was bad, played favourites and was mean to those she didn’t like. Constant turnover as the hours were long and at bad times. You deal with so many peoples problems and get paid minimum wage. If flights were delayed you were expected to stay late- as late as 1am. You got long shifts and not enough breaks. We had 10 different stores at the time and got moved between all of them. Would NOT recommend working here.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Management, long hours, wage