Hudson Bay Mountain Resort
Hudson Bay Mountain Resort Employee Review

Always a blast!

20 August 2020
I love working as a team member at HBMR! The team is fun, strong, and so helpful. Everyone's got your back! You really can't beat the location. What a beautiful place to work and play. Work hard, play hard!
5.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Amazing people, amazing snow
12 December 2019
Ski Lift Operator (Former Employee) - Smithers, BC
very good experience id work there again if I were to go live up north again, and recommand to anyone that ski hill is amazing for adventurous skier the potential to explore around the resort and touring is incredible
Pros
free ski pass
Cons
not high wage really hard to live with part time
21 November 2019
Marketing and Events Specialist (Current Employee) - Smithers, BC
I've worked in the ski industry since 2011 for a number of large ski resorts and activity operators in Alberta for some of the largest resorts in North America. I came to Hudson Bay Mountain Resort because I was seeking a mountain town that was more affordable, and started hearing about Smithers as being an incredible ski community. I visited the ski area for their slush cup and was blown away by the number of families and children involved as well as seeing the management team including the GM and the owner working the event with shovels in hand. After having conversations with the management team I was offered a position and took the leap, moving to a small mountain town where I knew no one - and I'm glad I did! The resort staff are hard working and fun; it's a collaborative team environment and they take pride in doing a good job. There is a lot of opportunity and I come to work each day excited to start, even when we face the inevitable challenges that come with working in the ski industry. The town is incredibly friendly, and within a week I felt at home. If you want to work with a team that is dedicated to providing an incredible guest experience, this is the place for you. HBMR is small enough where you get great training and experience in all areas of the ski industry, and if you have a good work ethic the opportunities are endless. Unlike large resorts there isn't much room for someone who isn't motivated, because this is a small team that works hard - if you don't, it will show, because unlike larger resorts you don't get lost in the crowd here. After feeling - more...
21 November 2019
Receptionist/Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) - Smithers, BC
I'm so glad to work here. They are so flexible, incredibly generous, kind, knowledgeable and fun! Its a family that I am so happy to be apart of!!!!!