Hudson's Bay

Hudson's Bay Pay & Benefits reviews

Only restroom.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 February 2020
I realized an increase in direct sales to customers.I increased the volume of 264 new And raise the sales for 5280 customers.• Created strategies to m
Pros
Free Lunch Occational
Cons
Shirt hour
Easy job for those who love shopping
Fulfillment Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2020
Easy job where you pick, pack and ship. Depending on the location, some are more fast-paced than others. No room for advancement as people generally stay in the same position. Great part-time job if you need extra cash, not worth it if you need a full-time salary as there aren't many unless you get a hired for a higher position within the company. Fun to shop for other people as you get to shop around the store based on the orders received, but can be tedious and boring at the same time.
Good
Sales Technician (Current Employee) –  Yorkdale, ON6 February 2020
Very good and vomfortable environment for every employee. Good management and respectful work and teamwork. Above all its good to attend school and work at same time.
Not a bad place to start your career
DIOR BEAUTY ADVISOR (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2020
first of all there is lots of pressure if you want to work there as a commission based; even tho as a regular sales person the pay range is so low, you can't even effort you bills
but it not a bad place if you want to work for a short time and put it in your resume as a growing step for your next job
Zfbd
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Xfdvb11 January 2020
When it comes to fringe benefits at work, some employers choose to put their money where your mouth is. Having an on-site cafe can be a boon for businesses -- and when the employer is footing the bill, it's a boon for you too. If your workplace has an on-site cafe, consider yourself lucky. If they don't, give them some reasons to consider adding one.
fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2020
bay was my first job, before there I never worked. but i loved it
the best thing about it is the associate discount
also the job is easy (i was sales)
Not the best
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 December 2019
It you need a job to save money while in school or as a part time it's not worth it . They dont have alot of hours because it goes by seniority so if your at the bottom of the list your getting 2 or maybe e shifts if your lucky i
Don’t waste your time.
VIsual Presentation associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 December 2019
When Hudson’s Bay looses money instead of thinking about how to make more IE. improving customer experience, re-examining their buys, investing in stores, equipment, technology, employees. They look at what can be taken away to save money. IE. job cuts, degradation of benefits, closing stores.

The plus side: to get a job here you pretty much just have to be alive....that’s it!
Good place for part-time work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 November 2019
Shifts typically consist of helping customers with purchases or answering their questions, tidying up the store and putting out stock. Management was friendly and approachable and emphasized making customers happy and promoting teamwork. The hardest part of the job was learning how to operate a cash register and figuring out where products are, but colleagues are more than happy to lend a hand if you get stuck. Overall, it's a good place for a part-time job if you're a student as they offer flexible scheduling. However, the pay isn't great and the union regulates when staff get raises, so I wouldn't recommend working there full-time unless you can get a promotion.
Unfair/ bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 November 2019
The management is so bad, the salary to compare to the job that you’re doing is so unfair. No room for improvement and it’s so stressful place. And it’s no way to complain or talk to the HR or management
A very good place
JEWLERY SALES PERSON (Former Employee) –  North York, ON11 September 2019
I worked for about a year, liked the employees and managers. wasn’t boring for me, all the time there are different things to do. Great discounts for employees
But there is no benefits for part time employees.
Some time they’re under staffed or they schedule less people so there’re lots to do.
Fun work place
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2019
The work environment is pretty good. Easy going and lots to learn about customer service. My manager has been great and my coworkers are supportive and fun to work with. The pay is minimum wage and no great benefits for part timers.

But that being said I gained good customer work experience and now I am gonna start working with a dream company of mine.

It gave me the work exposure and experience required on customer service.
Job is okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON5 September 2019
This was not the worst job I’ve ever had but the company cares SO MUCH about us getting customers to sign for credit cards I feel like they’d rather have a messy store then get no HBC credit card applicants. Honestly if you’re good at signing up people for credit cards you can get away with being lazy because they’ll get off your back and praise you for it but if you don’t really get them but are a hard worker and clean up the store they don’t really care about you and you’ll probably get a talking to on why you’re struggling to sign people up for cards . The hours are also really unpredictable now a days. Very under staffed. So if you really need the money I wouldn’t make this a first option because after training hours you’ll barley get hours especially after January. Overall it’s an ok job I tolerated it for 4 years and I am a student

Ps: you need the HBC MasterCard in order to get your employee discount. That’s how desperate this company is for people to get their credit cards.
cool place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 August 2019
overall chill workplace, if you're looking for a decent part-time job, I'd stick with this. It's stable, good people, sometimes others take their job too seriously though.
Pros
discounts
Cons
on your feet for long periods
Great company
Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 August 2019
Great company to work, good benefits and better future. They encourage you to promote yourself if you are working hard. Make sure, you have to have hard working attitude.
The Bay
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB10 October 2018
Really flexible easy work good environment nothing too crazy. Hours were good depending on what you were doing. Otherwise don't expect too much from them.
productive
Sales (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON21 August 2018
The company provides benefits even to part time workers. However the on call positions does overlap with some of the timings provided by you and one can be unable to do it sometimes.
Per total, a good job
Retail-Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK19 June 2018
Great job, learned a lot, great team, friendly managers. Nice and productive 15 minutes morning meetings, It is a good job for starters or for young peoples. Definetly a wonderful CEO.
Pros
My department team was great
Cons
They have to work on salary and schedule.
Coworkers and managers were great
Jewelry Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 April 2018
Overall position was okay. It was a good entry level position. I was able to improve my customer service skills and build good relationships with those I worked with. The work itself wasn't hard and the managers were kind. The pay is the bare minimum but the job culture itself was fine.
Pros
Nice coworkers and managers
Cons
Minimum wage
fun, lots of opportunity to be around people,
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 April 2018
setting up, run the floor operation, supervise employees.nice management, flexible hours, meeting different people, work with chef and catering is fun
Pros
free lunch, good benefits
Cons
parking is expensive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay. Our community is ready to answer.