Hudson's Bay

Hudson's Bay Employee Reviews

One of best place to work
Stock Handler (Former Employee) –  London, ON21 January 2020
it was such a great experience working in the bay. I loved everything about their environments, management and team work. I have learned alot of things from that company.
Management sucks co-worker are awesome
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 January 2020
Well, it was a good experience because of the co workers. They are so humble and helpful.. that was my first job as sales associate and I enjoyed it.. though really less working hours and management kind sucks. Firstly I was never given an employee discount card which even part time employes are supposed to get .. secondly they just told me all of a sudden that they don't need my services anymore and I was hiring as a seasonal employee however on offer letter it said the contract is untill April 2020 .. so that was really disappointing
Zfbd
Sales Associate/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Xfdvb11 January 2020
When it comes to fringe benefits at work, some employers choose to put their money where your mouth is. Having an on-site cafe can be a boon for businesses -- and when the employer is footing the bill, it's a boon for you too. If your workplace has an on-site cafe, consider yourself lucky. If they don't, give them some reasons to consider adding one.
Productive Workplace
Sales Associate - Ladies Wear (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 January 2020
I learned a lot from my managers and gained a much clearer understanding of the the field. My communication and problem solving skills have massively improved. Besides that, I am more confident and can adjust comfortably with new/given tasks.
So far so good
Counter Manager / Beauty Advisor/Demo Loreal Lancôme (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 January 2020
I have had a lot of fun working at Hudsons bay great company to work for I have learned a lot about cosmetic and skin care so I’m really proud of myself to be working there and getting a lot of experience from them
fun place to work
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 January 2020
bay was my first job, before there I never worked. but i loved it
the best thing about it is the associate discount
also the job is easy (i was sales)
Prodcutive, Cheery, Goal Oriented
Elizabeth Arden Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2019
Worked in Cosmetics, Had Daily Targets, Very Competitve, Lots of Fun with Promotions, Have to be Super Outgoing and Good with Face to Face and Phone Sales.
A great place to work !
Human Resources Administrator (Former Employee) –  British Columbia11 December 2019
A great place to work, management is very supportive and employees really enjoy what they do. Everyone takes the initiative to make the customer happy. They go to utmost length in providing excellent customer service.
Not the best
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON8 December 2019
It you need a job to save money while in school or as a part time it's not worth it . They dont have alot of hours because it goes by seniority so if your at the bottom of the list your getting 2 or maybe e shifts if your lucky i
Don’t waste your time.
VIsual Presentation associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 December 2019
When Hudson’s Bay looses money instead of thinking about how to make more IE. improving customer experience, re-examining their buys, investing in stores, equipment, technology, employees. They look at what can be taken away to save money. IE. job cuts, degradation of benefits, closing stores.

The plus side: to get a job here you pretty much just have to be alive....that’s it!
Good place for part-time work
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC21 November 2019
Shifts typically consist of helping customers with purchases or answering their questions, tidying up the store and putting out stock. Management was friendly and approachable and emphasized making customers happy and promoting teamwork. The hardest part of the job was learning how to operate a cash register and figuring out where products are, but colleagues are more than happy to lend a hand if you get stuck. Overall, it's a good place for a part-time job if you're a student as they offer flexible scheduling. However, the pay isn't great and the union regulates when staff get raises, so I wouldn't recommend working there full-time unless you can get a promotion.
Only a matter of time till they end up like sears
Beauty Guide Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2019
The culture of this company is going to be the down fall. A company that doesn't appreciate its employees. Managers get the rewards for our hard work. Even after I was given a new position and title i was told if I want more money "work harder".
Management sucks
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON19 November 2019
It’s okay place to work. management is no the best there. They don’t have your back and they throw you under the bus. The job was easy though but be careful because if your not bringing in enough money they are quick to get rid of you especially if your hired for seasonal. Training is not that great.
Overall it wasn’t bad
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 November 2019
I had a good time working there. The work environment was not that great but it was okay. Staffs and colleagues were very nice. I had a great time working there.
Can you afford to work here?
Fulfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 November 2019
Like many Retail Companies HBC relies on a large low paid part time workforce.

Many people, especially in urban areas could not make enough money to live on ( even if they are full time ) working here.
I believe staff retention has not been a priority of this company for many years.

The people that work in the stores are very hard working for the most part. Too bad the executives of this company prefer to keep on replacing staff instead of encouraging staff retention and making retail a viable career choice .
Merchandiser
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 November 2019
I have worked at the Bay for exactly a month and havre never received payment for work done. They have implemented a new payroll software but cannot seem to work the bugs out. For the past month the pad answer has been” your cheque is on its way it’s being couriered here “ to date I have received nothing.The training is extremely frustrating as the work is so fast paced and expectations unrealistic . They
don’thave the time to explain what is expected.
Unfair/ bad management
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  West Vancouver, BC4 November 2019
The management is so bad, the salary to compare to the job that you’re doing is so unfair. No room for improvement and it’s so stressful place. And it’s no way to complain or talk to the HR or management
Bad place to work!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC3 November 2019
Carrefour Laval Hudson baie!! Do not join this one..
After applying the second interview was very disappointed with zero respect the lady was very mean.
I quit after the first day, never got my pay from the first day of work ,they treat people like kids and have no respect.
Very bad training you need to locate yourself and head to the downtown baie by metro at 9am for some of there training it’s
Really not worth it for minimum wage.
Productive and Fun Environment to work in
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  St. Vital, MB30 October 2019
Working at Hudson Bay in Ladieswear was a worthwhile experience for me as I learned how to organize and greet customers. It taught me how to work as a cashier and how to handle cash. It was a fun workplace and if I would get the opportunity to work there again, I would definitely work there again.
productive and a great co workers
Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke29 October 2019
 Advised customers what skincare regimen and makeup products would be suitable for them
 Prospected and developed a clientele base
 Conducted make up applications on clients for special events
 Demonstrated make up and skincare on customers
 Maintained stock inventories
 Managed appointment bookings and respond to customers’ telephone inquiries

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay. Our community is ready to answer.