Hudson's Bay
Happiness score is 59 out of 100

Working at Hudson's Bay: Latest Hudson's Bay Reviews

Canada274 reviews

baycosmeticsalecreditcardassociatecashstore

Leadership has the wrong values

This company seems to be headed in a direction where they do not value constructive conversation and want employees who just say yes. If you go against the grain in any capacity, you are immediately pushed to the outside and have a hard time executing anything because you have no support.

Pros

Frontline Supervisors and employees

Cons

Senior Management

Extremely hectic work culture

Absolute No support from Manager , Every sfift your schedule changes & most often the Managers are shouting when in fact sometimes its their mistake... Just before the ehsift ends , you are loaded with work.. Very depressing , Not recommended..No trainings given , you are directly put to floor & expected to perform & then you are highlighted saying poor work performance. Nobody to train or guide.. You are all lost on the floor. Just work colleagues are good ,They are helpful..

Insights into Hudson's Bay

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things

Company Does Not Care About Their Employees

Simply put, this company has very little regard towards its employees. It wants you to devote your time and energy in their company, but doesn't think about how their employees are able to make ends meet. I honestly don't recommend this company. Their products are low quality at unreasonable prices, and is incapable to train employees properly.The only good thing about this job are the people you work with, because they at least stand by you. Corporate is just heartless.

Pros

Good work colleagues

Cons

Management is terrible, False promises, Unrealistic expectations, Corporate greed, No opportunity to grow, Sales and Discounts not worth it

roductive

Lovely company to work with, the managers always want you to succeed and help you in any way possible. The co-workers are helpful as well with good work-life balance

Don't do it it's not a good place to work

Want to be forced into shifts you cant work? This is the place for you. Horrible place to work. Terrible customers, always understaffed. Bad amd lazy management. Awful pay and awful hours.

Disorganized workplace

No one working there seemed to have a clue what was going on everything and people would stand around looking around the room. So many employees would be on their phones when no management was around and they have extremely hectic shipments around holidays. Management held grudges for no good reason.

Pros

Breaks were paid for

Cons

Poorly managed, no one knew what to do

Poorly run

The place is falling apart and staff aren’t treated like people. They will constantly pressure you to sell credit cards as if everyone in the city is dying to have one. Customers are also entitled and will treat you badly.

Slow Paced Job

It was pretty slow-paced. It felt like I was just walking around the store the entire time because no one really told me what to do. Co-workers were nice but upper management didn't really interact with you

Nice place to work

You will get an excellent retail experience. Hours depend on the season. Most importantly they work around students' schedules so I would recommend it if you are a student and looking for a part-time job.

Not a great place to work

Constant harrassment of meeting neo credit card targets as sales associate. Older employees do not respect young employees. Not enough training provided at all. Overall not a great place to work.

Pros

Diversity is respected

Cons

Not a good work environment

OK place to work

I've worked here a long time, the employees are pretty cool the job it self sucks, we are not paid enough for what we do but I guess that's happening more and more

good co workers and many good knowledge

overall I love working in the bay, because i love my coworker, everyone are fun and interesting. management micromanage a little, lots of task to do like opening credit cards etc

Fun

Good enjoyed the work environment there fast paced and it was good culture with all the staff and people that are in the warehouse woukd defined recommend

Not a good place

Heavy management monitoring and bad morale. Long term employeees look down on newer employees. Cattle ranch type of workplace. Long hours standing and lunch controlled. If you miss they won't let you change time.

Pros

Easy job to get, apply and get started next day

Cons

Control freaks

Fun place to work if you can work under pressure

Some days are extremely busy such as "Bay Days" or "Christmas Season". This might have you walking all over the store for the entire shift and being overwhelmed with too many online orders. However, the regular days are a bit chilled.

It was an ok job but not the best

It was alright, but it wasn’t my favourite place to work at tbh. I had decent breaks, but if your the youngest one there they would take advantage of you.

Productive and fun.

Can be a fun fast paced place to work. Stressful at times. Christmas used to be crazy there, but the summer was very slow at times. Part time will see very little hours a week. Good 15 minutes for break. Hour lunch on full days.

Pros

Clean and liked the people I worked with

Cons

Part time is not enough hours

Fun place to work! Very different retail environment.

Great atmosphere. Not the typical retailer. Was a Hudson’s bay outlet. Couldn’t ask for a better management team! Family atmosphere. Developed a lot of new skills.

Poor management

The management at Cf centre Richmond is extremely poor. Overall the work culture was extremely unhealthy. In my time span there i saw new employees almost every day. It’s so frustrating working there honestly. They don’t hold proper orientation and expect you to know everything. Their main focus is to pressure employees to sell as many master cards as you can and if you don’t then they write it in so called report card. The irony is they don’t tell or teach employees about master card and expect you to know about it and sell it.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Poor management

Toxic work environment

Unhealthy work environment. Poor management. The Hudson’s bay in Richmond centre is understaffed and the management is absolutely the worst. They hire and fire new employees every day. I worked there for a few months and in my time span there i saw new employees almost every day. If you want a stable job and healthy work environment, do yourself a favour and not apply here.

Pros

No pros

Cons

Poor management

fast-paced and competitive

Great company to learn about customer service role. I was hired for a certain role, but over time that changed and not for the better. Not a lot of opportunities for advancements.

Pros

Friendly coworkers

Cons

long hours and not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement