Hudson's Bay Company Employee Review

View all Hudson's Bay Company reviews

A good placel to work when the children were young.
MMT - Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Erin Mills Town Center30 October 2013
I am a mother of 3 teenagers. I took time away from working in an office to work overnight, so that I would be home while they were still young. I stayed with Zellers/HBC as I liked the work I was doing as well as the people I worked with.

The night went by very fast as you were busy from the time you started to the time you went home. You did have a quota of skids to be emptied, but if you did your job you got your work done.

My first supervisor was not always a pleasant person, but I was there to work, not socialize. We hardly saw management, and yes, sometimes felt forgotten.

The people I worked with had a good sense of humour and made the nights pleasant.

The hardest part of the job was the physical aspect. I often had to pull my own skids on/and off the elevator. Some were over the recommended height, and the weight of some I felt was overly heavy.

The best part of my night, was when I was able to finish my work early and then help others. In return, they would come to help me if they finished early.
Pros
Being home with my children when they were young.
Cons
Not getting enough sleep

Other Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

I have a wonderful time working with my staff members.I look forward to seeing my regular customers and new customers in the store .
Central cash lead (Current Employee) –  Hudson Bay Vernon20 April 2018
I have worked for the company for five years now and ,I feel that I need a change in a different direction hoping to join your team and give great Quality customer service with a positive friendly attitude
productive place of work
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
hudsonbay was really cool working. You saw a lot of great merchandise. it was very tiring though. your on your feet all day going up and down shelves to pick up online orders for customers. I one time found merchandise someone was stashing to try and steal and I brought it to the manager and they gave me gift cards in return. So there are some great perks to working there.
Pros
close to ttc
Cons
long hours and far from food places

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.