Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,491 reviews matching the search See all 1,747 reviews
Seasonal Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON18 January 2019
It was a very simple job with many tasks. I learned a lot about customer service and how to be better at sales. The Bay is wonderful to their employees
Pros
good breaks, nice people
Cons
Not very eventful on the second floor
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Very fast-paced,
A vast verity of responsibilities in different department,
Working as a jack -of-all-trades,
Supportive, kind and wise leadership,
friendly work-place
great place to work
Ladies shoes sales associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON13 January 2019
Most of the Management was excellent and very understanding. Everyone is very sweet and great to work with. Fun atmosphere but also a great level of focus on work and customer service.
Amazing work culture and helpful Managers
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2019
I enjoyed every minute i spent on job while at HBC. Though i was a contractual employee, i would love to work again for them. I have learnt to be a better sales person.
Weird atmosphere
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2019
Very toxic environment. Very little training, sink or swim attitude. As soon as you starin work. Other associates don't really make you feel welcome. People on the floor always telling you what to do. Management is no help. Watch and Jewellery section is very mismanaged.
Pros
Glamourous, enjoyed working wirh customers
Cons
Poor management, toxic workplace, little training
good work culture
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC10 January 2019
working conditions are great.. staff is cooperative and understanding.
management is also very supportive but the hours of work are very limited and very busy during the holiday season
supportive team
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC9 January 2019
I have such a supportive team currently. Every time I come to work with makeup on, they always tell me how nice I look. The girls always love to talk to me and see how i'm doing when i look upset. If I am lost or do not know how something is done, my fellow associates always help out and I always feel good.
Pros
very friendly employees
Great Place to work - Tons of Flexibility
Sr. Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2019
Overall this is a great place to work. They recognize you as a person and offer so much flexibility such as work from home options, flexible work hours, and unlimited paid time off.
Pros
Flexibility
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 January 2019
During my time at Hudson Bay Company, I had the opportunity to grow. Management recognises their employees skills and helps them to grow. I enjoyed my time at HBC
Environnement de travail agréable
Caissière, service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Mirabel, QC8 January 2019
Ce travail a été très enrichissant et je le suggère au personne qui souhaite acquérir une autonomie financière pendant leur étude.
Great hours, fun job but bad management
DESIGNATED SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2019
management doesn't respectfully approach associates and that's the biggest downfall of working there. the culture is great and the people are great & so are hours
Great place to work with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North York, ON8 January 2019
Managers are great. Customer service is our top priority. Co-workers are fun to work with. Great benefits as well. Overall I would recommend HBC as one of the best companies out there.
Good Place to Work
Customer Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON5 January 2019
The place is very nice. The people you work with are positive. The management is also good.

The only drawback is that they don't give you hours. The hour's are given based on tenure and not the quality of work.
Productive and pleasant workplace.
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC3 January 2019
I was hired in October to work as a Seasonal Associate. I was let go due to shortage of work in January. It was a Seasonal Position. I enjoyed the colleagues, the management, and the work. It was an excellent position.

There was good on-boarding, excellent team building and safety protocols, the culture was great, and there really was no difficult part of the job.
Pros
Free samples
Cons
No cons
Not a healthy enviornment to work at
Footwear Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sherway3 January 2019
Managers never look at the associates point of view, they only do whats best for themselves or for the customer. There is favouritsm and racism. You do not get trained properly but yet are expected to know everything.Theft is not dealt with properly and there is minimal things done to reduce the amount of theft. Customers are disrespectful (no surprise). Aside from the fact that I make commission there is not one good thing about working in this place.
Pros
comission based for certain departments (shoes, cosmetics, fragrances)
Cons
no advancement, no team management, no benefits aside from discount, no flexibility, no order
Productive environment
Fulfillment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 January 2019
I enjoyed my time at Hudson's Bay as a fulfillment specialist. I loved fulfilling the orders and I worked with a great team. I think the Bay offers excellent shopping experience and options and I would love to work with them again.
It was pretty hectic due to the holidays but enjoyable
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON2 January 2019
I learned a lot from the work, and we were super busy because of the holidays. But my coworkers were helpful and nice, and I enjoyed working. If my day wasn't that busy or we had enough people, I would do a lot of recoveries and putting back returns. But if it was busy I would deal with cash while also making sure the areas around me were clean and organized. I just decided to do what would be the most efficient way of my time and what would help the store at that moment. The hardest part would be when we have a mountain of returns but we would also need to focus on cash since we didn't have many people. But we decided to divide the work in order to efficiently get everything running smoothly. So, in the end, nothing was that difficult when I am around reliable coworkers.
Pros
Great breaks and discounts
Cons
Unpredictable Work Flow
Not a very good workplace
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mic Mac Mall, Dartmouth2 January 2019
Hudsons' Bay was my first retail job ever, and I was excited when the time came but looking back at what it was like in the workplace; it has a lot of improvements to make. The management was very poor on some sides, to the point where the manager had threatened to fire me once I took another jobs to recieve more hours. The manager was not flexible, and was not able to try to work with my other jobs' hours. The environment was a toxic place to work in, staff members would be gossiping and there were many times where staff members were caught socializing rather than working however nothing was ever done. Shift hours are good until they hire new staff, then you will not recieve hours for about past a month and the managers act like it is okay. Security is excellent, and there are some good benefits with sales.
Pros
Good security
Cons
Very toxic place to work in, not enough hours
Overall odd company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 January 2019
Terrible management and HR
Zero training provided
Very outdated dress codes
Old computer system
Good co-workers
Decent discounts with no limits
Not respectful towards VIP customers
Not Competitive Enough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 December 2018
Work culture is very relaxed. The company is not aggressive enough. It is a good place to start if you want some exposure to the retail industry. Would definitely recommend if you're into supply chain. The benefits are not that great!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.