Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Found 1,860 reviews matching the search
Very friendly Oracle Fusion ERPComfortable Professional job environmentVery good Technology equipmentVery comfortable work stationCollaborative management team
Pros
Nice management
Cons
Low benefits coverage
Bullying and harassment from staff, competitive rather than collaborative approach and management that care only about profit and would hire serial killers as long as they hit target. Not concerned about work ethics, long term customer retention and would sacrifice the best of employees to someone who makes sales through their phone, and resorts to stealing products from the counter to use as gifts to lure customers. Store is run by certain ethnicities who work together by bribing each other exchanging client exchange during gifts and sales. If any descent person survives the gangs and shady politics, in the down town Vancouver Bay, I would be extremely surprised. I saw a number of good people stepped on.
Pros
employee discount
Cons
internal "unethical" cut throat approach to sales and to professional merit
I feel proud that I worked for a great company as a Sales Auditor. My supervisor, manager and Co-workers all were co-operative and respected me for my dedication and work ethics. Its a great place to work.
Pros
nice environment to owrk
Cons
no vacation on Christmas since its a retail business
Manager wasnt supportive and I faced bullies and problems all the time.They even didn't pay me.hours properly It was a lot of bad things going onFavoritism is one of.the problems at.Yorkdale location.
Pour une premiere experience en vente je dirais que c’est un tres bon emploi
HBC support their employees, provide training, give feedback, and help you advance in your career if that is your desire. Workplace culture is positive, friendly, supportive - a great team environment. I enjoy working with my group - learning new skills, in various departments and enjoy the interaction with customers. It is a learning environment, and very inclusive. Standing all day, the most difficult, but if you wear good comfortable shoes, this should not be a problem. You also get good exercise. Most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with colleagues and customers, helping everyone and learning new things. Grateful for the team I am with. They are great.
Pros
Great team environment, constant learning, fun place to work, celebration - of holiday events
Cons
Salary could be a bit higher
What I observed all this time, all the associates works hard to make this compagne (business machine ) be a life. Specially now because all the changes at the I work at HR department and I really loved my experiences, because I could work with différents departments at the same time, solve problems in real time at The Hudson's Baie. I am super motivated to participate in all the changes that are going on at HBC and The Hudson's Bay.
Pros
Associate discount
Cons
Tout se passe entre amis
Management talks down upon you like you’re stupid. Don’t walk by a coworker or even much as look at them if you don’t want to risk being yelled at via headset to separate. If they’re in a bad mood, you will also be in a bad mood from the way you're treated. There’s multiple managers and there’s not one that will not treat you like you’re dirt on the floor. Besides management, the other people that work there are the best group of people, extremely helpful and kind. It’s a shame that lack of respect from managers will be the reason you will quit!
Pros
Friendly Coworkers, Paid Breaks
Cons
Management, Short shifts
I wanna join again whenever the hiring I'm ready ko join I really miss the work and my co worker I'm happy to join again I hope it's easy and fun 😊 thankful
Management is very nice and job is easy. The work environment is fun, the managers recognize employees hard work and show trust in them, listen to everyone’s ideas and try to maintain a positive work culture. However the pay is not very good and you need a second job to survive if you are working at the base level of customer service.
Pros
Fun and stress free environment
Cons
Low wages
Apply elsewhere hudsons bay doesn't pay well and it took a while even get approved for benefits, schedule is not ccurate too, discounts for shopping is low. Regret ever applying at the company 😭😭
Pros
Cons
Not enough pay for the work were asked to do
The cross-functional teams I have worked with were all professional, supporting, and complimenting each other's responsibilities with the common goal to improve the online service to the customer and provide better products overall.
Selon moi c’est une bonne compagnie qui s’occupe bien de nous
Pros
Très bon
Cons
Pas de mots
good work and home balance Team players free coffeethe hardest part was not bale to move up in my field most enjoyable is team players and feel confident that i support the business
Pros
free coffee - options to work at home
Cons
not enough training for movement
Being the leader in retail industry, management are expected to live up to the high expectation in the industry. Competitiveness that comes with innovation in leadership, in strategies, in customer experience.
Pros
Complete appliances with TV and music in staff room
Cons
seasonal full hours
Everyday has fun to work , good envirollment ,new learning experience, safe to work place. supportive managers, company is good ,schedule are perfect for the family
Pros
Celebration Pizzas
I like working there cause of the people and my boss was good man too bad the Bistros had to close which they would open another Bistro at Carrefour Laval that where I work
Pros
Don't have
Cons
Don't have
It was fun for the Christmas parties. Bay Day and Gala was fun. Some managers were promoting Auxiliary associates by their appearance and not seeing their work ethics.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
on your feet for more than 8-9 hours for the full time employees
They have favorites, and the management is not very good st helping employees to succeed. They give them 1 training every 4 yrs if you last that long , unclean bath rooms, poor change rooms no help from managers and poor training all the time.They claim that they have trained you but you have to train yourself and half the people work and the other half do nothing.Lots of cleaning and no respect from customers and they continue to make the work very difficult. I dont recommend working here if you like to break your back .
Pros
Some snacks
Cons
Poor atmosphere, air circulating is bad
Terrible culture. No one cares about you. There was 1 training on how to use the cash register and of course, this is not enough. Then they are angry why you are so slow at the cash register and do so many mistakes.
There are no more full time jobs in the stores. Management, whilst constantly going on about customer service as though we didn't know it was the priority, are mostly unavailable themselves as they are on a constant stream of conference calls, which usually result in another lecture on providing customer service they themselves, with the rare exception and who is constantly being paged to do the others work, are too important to provide. They expect loyalty but provide none.
Pros
Most of your co-workers
Cons
Please read the review