Hudson's Bay Company

Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Canada1,821 reviews
Found 1,821 reviews matching the search
Simple work with minimal assistance from management when pointing out issues.
Management provided minimal assistance when faced with customer questions. Folding clothing and organizing products was simple and straightforward work. I had to do other tasks that I was not trained to do such as stock merchandise and assist customers.
Pros
Work experience
Cons
Minimal training
productive and fast pace workplace
best to learn new things , best workplace environment, provide all facilities and benefits, give free coffee, a lot of gifts giveaway by the company, the workplace environment is very pleasant
Very toxic culture
Managent pushes so many projects in the same timeline. That whole IT team suffer . After all hard work there is not a single appreciation email. This company does not value its people
Busy place to work.
Great staff and Managers made it an enjoyable place to work. Actual work on cash had a lot to remember. Fast paced and busy everyday. Always found work to do on a slow day of sales.
Good company . To learn sales skills & cashier work
I got good experience in Hudson’s bay company . Good trainer teacher . We should maintain correct timings regularly. Exact time we should reach to the office . Otherwise the worrying from manager . Timings is main important in Hudson’s bay Company.
Its an ok place to work at.
The work was good, and the culture was good. communication could be better. overall it was a good working experience each day. being recognized for good work was a challenge.
Be prepared for harassment!!
Harassment by coworkers and managers on a daily basis and if you take it to your manager she’ll ask you if you can suck it up, and if you have bills to pay you WILL suck it up!
No matter how perfect you’re at what you’re doing, you won’t get promoted, unless you kiss enough a.....s!

I was proud to start working for the legendary Canadian retailer but that’s looooong gone!!

Loyal employees are being replaced by new part timers to cut costs!
Pros
You get discounts
Cons
The new CEO
great
Was a very interesting experience, enjoyed working with the customers, and helping them. Getting credit applications was a lot of fun and my co workers were all wonderful
The problem with the bay was they did not give enough hours
Productive Workplace.
Hudson's Bay is one of the most productive workplace. One gets to learn a lot from this workplace. People around this place are very helpful, and supportive and guide you through your mistakes.
Working at Hudson Bay
Love working at Hudson Bay ! Very professional yet challenging work ! The management team is too good our managers so caring and always guiding and making us learn more ! Lucky to be part of this pretentious team
Fast-Paced yet fun place to work
A typical day at work depends on the time of day and season. Christmas time is busy and can get fast-paced and a little stressful, however, on a summer day you can expect it to be relaxed. The workplace culture is very fun and everyone is willing to help you with you have trouble with something (i.e. at cash, handling a customer). The hardest part of the job in the footwear department is to remember who you are helping and to make sure you know if someone is already helping the customer since it runs on commission. The management is also very good. You feel looked after and as though they are there to help you and not look down upon you.
Pros
Good hours, fun environment
Good Management
Executives are very good.proper management.
Timings by machines and world-class technology.good stocks.advance orders.

Good packaging autometic chain and stamping

Chain.Best quality of corocate boxes.
Amazing workplace with lots of opportunities
Really good work atmosphere. The culture of this company is great and everyone I am working with are amazing and helpful. The most important thing in this company is the support from managers. They all are so supportive and helpful. We work as one whole family.
Working over their is good
Work is good over there i learn to use rf scanner which i never used before and also packing products overall its good atmosphere to work in Hudson's bay company
Really great employees and supportive workplace
Really good customer interactions and manager support, highly recommend working here as the people are great and they have a lot of career opportunities to enhance your experience
Employees have to promote credit cards to show good performance, very stressful as many customers are not interested.
A typical day would be, to attend any customers needs, sale credit cards and influence sales . The cash registers are very old and stop working in the middle of a transaction, customers get very frustrated for the system super slow speed and the inability to pay by tapping the post machine as they are so old that it does not have tap. It really needs an upgrade .
how your company
I did really a good job. I learned there more effective process how I can increase my performance. Good company, good co-workers management was I am grateful for the 5 years that I worked there fun workplace & co worker ,I have learned how to use the RF Scanner .
Best place to gain customer service experience
It's a nice place to work and learn. Especially for students who want to balance their studies while they work. Teamwork is an essential component so it's easy to getalong with other workers.
Great culture and management team.
The job is exactly what one would expect but with excellent support from the management team and veteran employees. They were very accommodating in regards to switching shifts and giving you needed training.
Not available
Its a good place to work, everyone is friendly, they are my away from home family, but it can be streseful at times.
They are willing to work around your schdule.
Fun workplace. Associates are cooperative.
Have enjoyed my stay at HBC because of the people. Nice and easy to approach if you need to learn new things. Have learn a few things I have not used before like Clear Case and ESPPROC.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.