Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Non reconizable of associates
MANAGER / HR Representitive (Former Employee) –  BC3 July 2018
A great place to work with benefits and such but horrible if you want to get backed up by your employer when you get attacked by customers.
Their choice of Store Managers needs to be deeply evaluated and the process needs to be evaluated
They Do not hold associates accountable for their actions which leads to associates not getting let go / held accountable because of their amount of served time / the store manager is afraid of conflict although they are creating a toxic culture.
The planning team in head office does not take into consideration how each store is different and or the amount of hours needed to do projects depending on store volume.
Like mentioned before great benefits and life planning options.some stores have a great culture and create a super fun atmosphere to work in.
Have great insensitive for selling credit and meeting goals
Working in small departments
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON30 June 2018
I enjoyed working within smaller departments and being able to help customers with specific needs. Providing them joy as they put a piece of jewelry on was a joy.
Pros
Dresing up
Cons
Only wearing black
great place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 June 2018
This was my first job when i moved back to ontario. it gave me incredible starting experience. I actually enjoyed going to work because of the great work place environment.
Pros
friendly collegues
Cons
none i can remeber
Fun and flexible work environment
Marketing and Visual Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 June 2018
The company has a fun working environment with great management. I have gained a lot experience and skills through this job, able to work multi-task and fast environment.
Its alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 June 2018
Its alright. Not the best place to work at. An okay place for part time job. The manager was awesome. I am going to miss the friends I made. The part that sucked the most was going into deficit if you can't meet your quota.
nice environment and great and friendly co-workers
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 June 2018
Great staff and management
tight security
amazing customer services
moderate work traffic due to well planned spacing of workplace
great shift and flexible hours
fun place to work at
Beauty Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
love this job it is an amazing job the workers are so nice as thought we are all related but we arent.get onlong well and are always there for one another if one needs help
Pros
fun place to work at
Cons
hours are bad
Productive with amazing team
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 June 2018
Busy with exceeding sales
Learned how to operate the till perfectly
Great leaders, always ready to listen
Clean, energetic environment
High amount of customers during rush hours
Working tip the people
Sales Associate, Part time (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 June 2018
It was a good place to work. The team I worked with were great and so were the managers. I worked seasonal and the work could sometimes be quite stressful when dealing with stressed and impatient customers. It was an overall great experience working at the Bay. Learned a lot from the managers and from my team. Everyone is really helpful.
Internship
Photography Intern (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
Absolutely loved working at the Hudson Bay Company shooting images for their online website. I learned a lot about how to light product and how to edit very detailed.
Pros
experience
Cons
Long Drive
HBC is productive job
Support Associate - Merchandising Department (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 June 2018
As merchandiser, you need to be fast to merchandise the product in time. Fun, boring and sometimes annoying, just sometimes ;).
I learned how to merchandise the product according to brand and price. Know how to process all the salvage and need to be tossed.
Management sometimes they give you time to finish the project that is impossible. Team work is the best. Hardest part is holiday season where you can merchandise a lot and the return product. No benefits at all those who works part time.
Pros
Noo benefits
Cons
required you to work weekend and holiday espcially if you are in pricing department
Not realistic.
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON10 June 2018
Managment was not very professional. Favoritism within the company and lack of understanding in terms of employees studying. The schedule was posted too well in advance. Unable to switch shifts.
sales
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 June 2018
I worked at the Bay in the women's shoes department for a few months. It was a very good learning experience as i was able to deal with many customers and learn about how the customer always comes first.It was also nice working in commission because i was able to determine my own salary depending on how much sales i did. I left because the hours became too much with school
Many skill building opportunities! with lots of room to mature!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB8 June 2018
This is a very fun place to work! at first it may seem tough, but once you get to know your way around it is very satisfying to see the smiles of customers you have helped.

I learned many skills, such as:
- Managing Time
- Organizing
- Avidly answering customers questions on the floor and over the phone.
- Cleaning

The management is a bit harsher here, but rightfully so! They teach you to take your job very seriously, and you should! It is a great job opportunity, especially for your first!

The team of employees here tend to work in sync with each other, it is great to know someone has your back if you need help.

The hardest part of the job is down stocking and up-stocking, the management here seems to have a good time rushing you at what should be a 2 person job.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working cash, There are so many friendly customers at this place of work, it pays off to see a smile on their face!
Pros
Friendly employees, Great team work!
Cons
Lots of rushing, Constant nagging.
Learning and Easy-going
Men's Clothing Advisor (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON7 June 2018
Working at Hudson Bay is a fun experience. The managers are very supportive and there is a lot of potential for growth in the company. I have learned a lot from my colleagues as well as my superiors.
I was on seasonal
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON6 June 2018
I was only seasonal and was no invited back to work, not for reasons to do with my personal performance but rather the lack of demand of sales associates outside of the hoiday season
Productive, warm, and Welcoming Associates Team
Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 June 2018
Everyone that I had the opportunity to work with at the Hudson Bay Company, were absolutely hardworking and kind. They handled all obstacles with clear minds and confidence.
Pros
Wonderful Team
Cons
Stock can be difficult.
Belle expérience
Conseillère beauté Shiseido (Former Employee) –  Québec City, QC1 June 2018
J'ai adorée mon expérience en tant que conseillère beautée. J'ai eu quelques difficultés avec la gestion, c'est pourquoi j'ai décidé de quitter.
Pros
ambiance, équipe dynamique, travail
Cons
manque de clients, membre de gestion plus ou moins présent, problème d'inventaire
un lieu de travaille agréable
Commis de plancher (Former Employee) –  Hudson, QC31 May 2018
Travailler chez la Baie de Husdson est un lieu de travail dynamique
Pros
travail d'équipe
Cons
Horaire non flexible
Great people to work with, but poor management.
Clinique Beauty Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 May 2018
I would help customers find skin care or makeup products they needed for their skin type. We did lots of custom fit skin care and makeup. Management only cares about their business, and not so much of the employees.
Pros
Gratis
Cons
No work life balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.