Hudson's Bay Company Employee Reviews

Great work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 February 2018
Management and the people that work here make this place really enjoyable. The work environment is fantastic and the managers are very down to earth and helpful.
Pros
Management and Staff
Cons
Short Hours
Another day at the office.
Menswear Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 February 2018
This was my first job and my introduction into the retail world. I was given a good amount of hours, but it honestly felt like there was a lack of communication between employees and the workload for one individual was a bit much at times.
Pros
Hour lunch on 8 hour shifts
Cons
Having to wear all black
It was a fun work place
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 February 2018
I have learned many new thing for doing work like RF scanner, packing, picking and sorting. It was a good opportunity to do work in this company and it was my first job to start the career.
Pros
They provide free coupons on special occasions
it was good place where i started my career's first job as a general labor.
General Labour (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 February 2018
I have learned several new things about doing work, which includes-RF scanner, packaging, picking, sorting of products, loading and unloading trucks, speed work.
Pros
free gift coupons on festival days
variety of clients
Chief Counter Manager (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC7 February 2018
In all jobs that I worked , every day I learned new things ! since I like to share with co-workers and managers , I learned many things & it helped me how to improve my skills . Sharing experience , has been always a motivator for me .
Variety of clients made the work much fun.
never bored always on the move
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 February 2018
Always doing some thing such as cash , answering phone and doing stock . Always meeting new people and helping them . Love to service their needs such doing sales and find what they are looking for . Doing returns and trying to save the sale if I can . Doing stock finding what is new and telling every one about the new things .
Pros
having fun out of my job
Cons
negative people
hudson bay company review
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 February 2018
My experience working for this company was great, i wish i didnt have to leave but due to short hours i had to. the working environment is great there. great training, if i didnt understand a task i would ask my co-workers and they would teach me.
Overall good company
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB6 February 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Experience will vary by store. If you work hard your opportunities with the company are endless. Very accommodating
Good company
Planning Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2018
Excellent company to work for. Great respect for associates, with a clear vision for the future. Associates were encouraged to engage in the business and take risks. Performance and attitude were rewarded.
Amazing experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke5 February 2018
Pays good salary as well as good hours.... moreover beneficial for each n every field....
Nice working encironment and teamwork... good hours.... ......
Good environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON1 February 2018
Good co-workers, friendly management, accomodating, good work-life balance, the job is demanding but not too stressful. You have autonomy to make decisions but can still escalate issues when necessary.
busy hands eagle eyes
Part Time Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  London, ON1 February 2018
There is always lots to do within Hudson bay. A typical day can be from putting out merchandise, pricing items, and always customer service. The hardest part of my job is keeping the fitting rooms always clean and tidy as I work currently in Ladies wear. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing our regular customers find just what they were looking for.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
always expecting that little bit more
cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 January 2018
Great place to work very supportive and flexible employers. Would highly recomend this company to anyone wishing to work full time or part time.......
Nice and friendly employees
Industrial Engineering Student (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON28 January 2018
Employees are cooperative which is needed for our training program project.

The culture is nice too as employees care about the Key Performance Indicators set by the management.
It's a good place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
--Work hours are constant
- Mangers are reasonable and understanding
- Not very strict
- It tends to get boring at times
-Very diverse
- Customers are snobby and unreasonable
biggest mistake of all time
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 January 2018
what a miserable company to work for, no work life balane, GM and ASM are horrible people with no empathy in their body. They dont care about associates, rarely get breaks, treat us horribly, alot of gossip and alot of lies. no chance of advancement, hated this place what a terrible employer!!
Pros
beautiful department
Cons
overtime not paid, store managers are awful to deal with
Nice place to get experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC23 January 2018
Great place to have your first experience. You can be in touch of many people around the world so you can pratice your leanguage skills as the same time you eran money.
Pros
team culture
Cons
hours
Executive Team are Fantastic but times are tough....
Planning Department (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2018
HBC is in fact a great employer, but Retail in general is a tough industry. HBC respects Work/Life balance but with less bodies to do more work, anyone with a solid work ethic will be putting in a lot of extra hours. My advice to anyone seeking employment with HBC is to look at the ecommerce side, Finance, the HR department , or IT if you have any qualifications in those areas. For the most part, people who work here are happy and have a healthy respect for the Company and their Leaders.
Working in a West Coast location I found that the Management from Toronto were not open to our requests or opinions.
Sales/Merchandise Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Coquitlam, BC18 January 2018
Clear disconnect between Head Office Management and store level. Our Vancouver based location was advised to sell French only packaged goods. When we explained that we would get backlash from our customers we were ignored. Seasonal products (summer) arrived late in the Spring. All of our other competitors had their products on the floor for over 6 weeks prior to us receiving ours. Though they may have still had snow in Toronto in March the West Coast was warm and sunny.
Pros
Great associates
Cons
Poor upper Management
they need some change
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2018
one of the biggest problem of Hudson Bay ,they don't update themselves during the years,their system is really old,they don't have organized management and unfortunately they don't really care about employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hudson's Bay Company. Our community is ready to answer.