Hudbay Minerals

Hudbay Minerals Employee Reviews in Snow Lake, MB

An excellent team to work with. I worked under contract in the projects group and even though I got cut due to cutbacks I felt that I was treated somewhat fairly.
A great place to work. You feel fulfilled with every job that is complete. Great working hours and camp is a great place to stay, with clean rooms and great food.
Good Experience, Good Company. Rock Breaker at Lalor Mine was a good learning experience & it was my first time underground. Breaking rock (ore) through the grizzly.
Management were awesome. I have learned alot while as a labourer at the Mill in Snow Lake wish I had child care for my children otherwise i still be there and I have put my name back in with Hudbay and hope to get a office position.
A typical work started at 6:30 AM in the morning meeting room. Then after the supervisor gave his safety briefing he told us where he needed us and told us to have a good, safe, productive workday. The hardest part of the job was honestly working in the summer heat as it got really hot at times. When the days where +30 degrees Celsius, the general Forman would get Gatorade for everyone. So all in all it was a awesome place to work.
Pros
Free Gatorade
Cons
Dealing with the hot summer sun.
Good mine with a work culture of production, responsibility and cooperation. Colleagues and seniors are helpful and a great place to learn while earning.
Pros
Reasonable with excellent benefits, amicable work culture
Cons
advancements do not come so frequently
I've worked with hudbay for the last ten years. I've had great training, lots of opportunity for advancement. A top notch mine rescue training program. Over all a greAt place to work
If they like you, you could get away with almost anything. When they went after someone it was no hope. The management was chaotic. No communication between crews. Often cleaning up others messes and over worked. I learned a lot at Hudbay and I appreciate it. gave me skills in the mining industry with confined space and crane training. And dealing with heavy equipment. Being over worked or not giving the proper tools or safety procedures in place when given a task. I enjoyed the people the most; my co-workers. Trying to keep it lighthearted in stressful or aggravating situations.
Pros
Camp
Cons
Over worked and crude management.
the small community is very welcoming and friendly, with mostly everyone working for the company. the remote community is beautiful and great for the outdoorsy types. the remoteness also has the con that it is a 7 hr drive from a major city.
Pros
Good work experience and development
Cons
Remote location - 7 hrs from major city
Had trouble with local employees and local shift boss, always got the no good job, less paying jobs. Was always made to feel unconformable and preference always giving to the locals.
Was a good place to work before the 2015 strike, after the strike they treated the strikers like garbage. Management is only there to protect staff and not the hourly. Was personally forced to quit this brutal company! My suggestions don't bother!
Pros
Steady work
Cons
A good company to work for. The people are very nice and very community based. Still growing since they found new and long term mineral deposits. There safety needs improvement but that is on the forward rise for them. From day one I was included in major repairs and was given the ability to show my skills and work very hands on. Management could use a bit of work but there is minimal tools for them so they do struggle. It does seem to be getting better. All in all if management used newer,updated techniques on management, this job would be rated one of the best jobs I've had
Pros
Great people and atmosphere
Cons
Remote location