Hudbay Minerals

Hudbay Minerals Employee Reviews

Many long term employees in a union environment express negative thoughts towards a company. If you are focussed on goals and attrition it may be a struggle in the current environment. If you can focus on your goals and accept everyone isnt always focussing on the greater good, then this company offers a comfortable income for your efforts.
Pros
Steady employment
Cons
Negative culture
This company has allowed me to improve my professional development, that is why I am grateful for the confidence they gave me to be part of the HUDBAY family.Thank you so much !!!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
En el momento en el que estuve en Hudbay conform茅 un buen equipo de trabajo y contaba con el respaldo de la Gerencia como tambi茅n de la Gerencia cliente de mi labor.
Hudbay employs a skilled, high-performance workforce that is representative of the communities in which we operate. They provide me a safe, healthy and rewarding workplace in which you can look to fulfill your potential and goals. They are an equal opportunity employer. They are dedicated to making Hudbay an employer of choice.
good wages / good benefits 12 hr shifts or 8 hr shifts laid back work environment great town if you like the small town feel
The company required several tasks outside of engineering management including commissioning, project engineering, engineering oversight, and travel to many locations including Peru, Canada, Australia, Switzerland, and Mexico.
HUDBAY es una empresa de capital Canadiense, en Per煤 se ve muchas mejoras en los campos de tecnolog铆a e investigaci贸n.
An excellent team to work with. I worked under contract in the projects group and even though I got cut due to cutbacks I felt that I was treated somewhat fairly.
A great place to work. You feel fulfilled with every job that is complete. Great working hours and camp is a great place to stay, with clean rooms and great food.
Good Experience, Good Company. Rock Breaker at Lalor Mine was a good learning experience & it was my first time underground. Breaking rock (ore) through the grizzly.
Management were awesome. I have learned alot while as a labourer at the Mill in Snow Lake wish I had child care for my children otherwise i still be there and I have put my name back in with Hudbay and hope to get a office position.
Bien aunque falta un sal贸n de recreaci贸n y descanso como un sauna
Pros
Falta implementar la cobertura de seguro a帽 100 x ciento psra mayor comodidad de sus afiliadoa
Cons
Mejor atencion de la concensionaria de alimentos
Simplemente es una empresa de prestigio que sigue los lineamientos en seguridad, cumple con los dep贸sitos fe sueldos, actos y gratificaciones puntualmente... Agradecimiento a la empresa por permitirme crecer personalmente y dar estabilidad laboral, y el apoyo siempre en lo familiar.
Pros
Apoyo en seguro familiar, siempre pendiente en las necesidades del trabajador
Good company always fair just do your job and do it well dont listen to all the negative just do your job and you will do fine and work safe because it is a long ways down there it could be a while before you can go to surface so think about what your doing and communicate with you shift supervisor so if you get hurt they will get you out of there a quick as they possibly can
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Long ways down to the mine
Todas las instalaciones tienen optimas condiciones para laborar.
Pros
seguro medico
Si, hay comodidades, puedes recrearte en tus tiempos libres
Pros
se trabaja en planilla con todos los beneficios de ley
Cons
el sueldo
This in a mining company in northern Manitoba and is an isolated community and that has it's drawbacks. The company use to be really involved in the community, but as much anymore.
Pros
Good pay.
Cons
Hard work.
Hudbay is in a small, close-knit town, so its super easy to get to and from work each day. People were very welcoming to newcomers. Thought I was going to stay a year but I've been here 8 now!
Pros
Compensation
Es una empresa en el que se aprende mucho y te dan oporunidades de crecimiento
The Job comes with a lot of sacrifices in other areas of your life, but is an opportunity to gain experience and make a high income. If you are a person who enjoys small town and outdoor activities the sacrifices will not be felt as strongly.
Hudbay is a medium sized company that started out as Hudsons Bay Mining and Smelting. The culture has changed from being paternalistic to that of many of the bottom line is all that counts mentality. They have fired/retired many experienced people and replaced them with cheaper to hire inexperienced people. Canadian resources are dwindling from this decision.
  1. Employee reviews