Hudbay Minerals
Hudbay Minerals Employee Review

Very survivor island, but great co-workers

21 April 2017
If they like you, you could get away with almost anything. When they went after someone it was no hope. The management was chaotic. No communication between crews. Often cleaning up others messes and over worked. I learned a lot at Hudbay and I appreciate it. gave me skills in the mining industry with confined space and crane training. And dealing with heavy equipment. Being over worked or not giving the proper tools or safety procedures in place when given a task. I enjoyed the people the most; my co-workers. Trying to keep it lighthearted in stressful or aggravating situations.
4.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Camp
Cons
Over worked and crude management.
27 November 2019
Projects Health and Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) - Snow Lake, MB
An excellent team to work with. I worked under contract in the projects group and even though I got cut due to cutbacks I felt that I was treated somewhat fairly.
5 October 2019
Heavy Duty Mechanic (Former Employee) - Snow Lake, MB
A great place to work. You feel fulfilled with every job that is complete. Great working hours and camp is a great place to stay, with clean rooms and great food.
29 September 2019
Rock Breaker (Former Employee) - Snow Lake, MB
Good Experience, Good Company. Rock Breaker at Lalor Mine was a good learning experience & it was my first time underground. Breaking rock (ore) through the grizzly.
  1. Very survivor island, but great co-workers