Hub International Employee Reviews

management plays favorites
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2018
if you aren't a brown noser you have no hope in getting ahead with this company. Human resources is terrible to deal with everything is a big secret. high turn over of staff due to lack of skilled management. branch supervisors and personal lines employees cover each other to upper management and often leave early at the end of the day or take extended lunches.
Pros
Cons
no chance of advancement unless you suck up to higher ups
Unrealistic workload fora low pay job
Personal Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 May 2018
This is a great place to work if you have no other skills other than insurance and you are almost close to retirement or starting your career. The expectation is unrealistic and the workload is high. I would be okay with any workload if the compensation reflects that. So far the biggest mistake joining the company hoping for a better pay.
Pros
co workers, vacation time, flexible management
Cons
low pay, unrealisticly heavy workload, lack of structure
Hub TOS retail branch
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
This is my opinion based on my experience as a manager with Hub TOS.

Manager position is more suited for a Type A personality that’s not afraid to step on some toes, put in lots of extra hours, can handle being micromanaged and likes to micromanage others.

Not suited for someone looking for work life balance in a collaborative fun environment that promotes personal growth.

There is quite a bit of data entry redundancies for tracking sales, quotes and dispatches. There’s checklists to help keep track of all the checklists that you need to complete. Almost everything needs to be tracked manually.

I found upper management to be negative and pessimistic. I was asked to blind cc, tell my team how “pathetic” they were doing. If an employee had something important come up that conflicted with business needs it was “Not my problem”. I felt that they we’re not transparent and we’re always working an angle.

Personally I would not recommend Hub TOS if you’re looking to join in a leadership role.

Could be a good fit for a career driven individual looking to gain some experience as an agent.
Pros
Good place to gain some experience. Good salary and commission structure.
Cons
No work life balance, negative environment.
Good Company
Account Executive, Reception/Office Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
I really enjoyed working at this company. I managed a book of business with 2 account managers. The management was really friendly and accommodating to me.
get in for experience and get out
Insurance Road Agent (Former Employee) –  vancouer12 April 2018
This is a place where you come for experience and then you get out, salary was awful, management was poor, little leadership, did not care about you at all
Très bon environnement de travail
Courtier en assurance de Dommages des particuliers (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC22 January 2018
Journée de travail de 7 hrs au service à la clientèle, ce qui n'est pas toujours facile.
J'ai appris à écouter les gens et les aider dans leur démarche soit pour un changement de véhicule ou un changement d'adresse
Cons
Stationnement payant
Well structured, efficient and fun!
PERSONAL LINES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2017
Hub International has been amazing for me in both Manitoba and BC. wonderful management team and organization of the many offices they hold. Best work-life balance i've established so far in the insurance industry. Perfect for those looking to get involved with insurance
Pros
Happy enviroment
Cons
Open Sundays
Successful for a reason
Manager (Current Employee) –  British Columbia6 October 2017
HUB is successful for a reason. It's a large company but still has an entrepreneurial spirit and staff have the ability to always do what is right for their clients (both external and internal).

At a company as large as HUB, you have growth opportunities both locally and across the organization. You are only really limited by yourself.

We work hard but have fun while doing it.
Pros
Great growth opportunities
no work life balance
Insurance Broker (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC5 October 2017
no work life balance everything good happens at head office if your not there don't apply work long hours with over time for nothing
11 hour days is the norm
Pros
if your work 30 hours a day you can make alot of money
Cons
work every weekend and lots of overtime
Big company but cheap
Personal insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 September 2017
Hub is big and reputable company.

However, Management and company's culture is very narrow minded and old fashioned.
Little to no support to employees.
Salary increase only after 2 years of working for them, no bonuses.
Very hard to get promoted and move between departments.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Low pay
Fun work place
Temporary Mail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC7 September 2017
I was here temporarily, I enjoyed learning new things and getting to know everyone in the office as i Picked up all there mail that was suppose to get delivered.
Pros
Room for advancement
Cons
n/a
Bias management
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 July 2017
Management is bias. not encouraging employees. Not repact hard work. Not a best place to work. I learned how to manage with turf customers. No growth opportunity.
Pros
Not much pros
Cons
Bias management
Challenging and forward thinking company
Commercial Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 June 2017
HUB International is the largest brokerage in Canada for a reason. They provide a lot of resources to their employees and provide a productive and focus driven work environment
Not a good company
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  British Columbia19 June 2017
LOTS OF WORK- very little pay. Expect a 0 life/work balance. It is all about pushing through the clients with no thought for their employees. Management turns a blind eye. Very little pay. Good place to start and then jump to something else within 1 year. Wouldn't reccomend this company
Pros
It is a job
Great starter place to work with limited experience
Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Armstrong, BC3 June 2017
Hub International is a great place to start your Insurance career. They are great for training. Very little room for wage increase however. There is room for advancement within the company but only due to poor turn over.
Cons
Low wage
A typical work day
Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC29 March 2017
Pretty much a normal day in the life of an IT guy. You usually start the morning providing support to the end users and management as needed via email, chat or phone. It was a family environment with a good relationship with the other employees and co workers. I enjoyed the team I was with as we were all there to help eachother and keep the business functioning from a technology stand point.

The hardest part of the job was keeping a work/life balance as current technology makes it so easy to stay connected to work even once the day is over.

I enjoyed my time with HUB and hope to find a similar environment one day.
Pros
Family environment.
Cons
Hard to find a work/life balance
Bad Management / Pressure
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 March 2017
I spent my entire time there looking over my shoulder. Everyone seemed to be in a hurry. My manager talked out of both sides of the mouth and sanctioned bullying. Glad to be gone.
Pros
Lots of meetings
Cons
bullying
very unprofessional
AUTO INSURANCE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC15 March 2017
management was never there, children were running the business, and not too professional on the training, management were lazy. i was over worked under paid.
Good culture unfair wage
Insurance agent (Former Employee) –  British Columbia20 December 2016
I worked for Hub for two years. The turn over is very high. Due to the job demands versus the pay. The more people quit the more work is on your lap. I would not recommend working for this company.
Pros
Cons
Pay
Enjoyable company to work for.
Accounts Payable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC10 November 2016
A great opportunity to learn more about the accounting world from a very unique perspective. It is a large company with many different aspects to learn from

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hub International. Our community is ready to answer.