Hub International

Hub International Employee Reviews

Hub International has been an interesting experience for me. I’m not upset with the way anything is managed, but most of my issue is because of such low pay for the work we do. Some positions take over a year to fully train on and they only make $28-30,000 a year (between $14-$16 an hour). Most positions here require a good amount of training, and for the work and legal liability that comes along with being a broker, I think they should be compensated more fairly.
Pros
Breaks, Company events, health benefits and life insurance.
Cons
Unpaid lunches, low pay, high demand.
If you’re looking for a place to work that feels like there’s endless support and motivation to do the best, while having fun keep on looking. If you want very little pay, constantly working and nothing to show for it, this place is perfect! Hub is nothing but an endless stress flow. There’s constantly drama in the office. Agents that really don’t like to put that much effort into helping their clients and don’t get me started on the endless bickering that goes on. If you put in extra hours it goes into banked time, which you must get approval to even take the time off. However that banked time expires at the end of the year. So if you don’t get your days off all those extra hours of work just disappear. Let’s just say you’re basically working just a hint above poverty wage.
Pros
Cons
Overworked, drama, very little pay.
They're going to tell you that 100k plus is possible. Truth is they're kind of full of it. They'll train you and pay for your insurance licensing which is all great fine and dandy. Until soon you're bumping heads with management, team leaders down your throat, etc. Treated like a child at school. Work elsewhere if you want to be in the insurance industry. Belittled in this hierarchy bs of a location.
Pros
Make friends fast
Cons
Culture, management
This is the worst company that I have ever worked for in this industry. It's a large multinational and it shows. Most people I talk to have advised that while reviews are regular pay increases are seldom and management does not care to correct this. In fact we have recently been forced to take a pay cut, no other brokerages in the area have done this. The pay is poor, management is inept and company procedures are over complicated and stifle growth. If your thinking about insurance DO NOT START HERE.
Pros
They do provide heat and air conditioning.
Cons
Everything else.
I work as hard as i can everyday. I stay extra i come early and they cut my salary! As soon as the covid19 hit the first thing they did was cut our salaries! They had nothing but profits and growth and 3 weeks into the pandemic they cut our salary! Now because of the virus we have to do double the work load with less pay!
Pros
nice co-workers
Cons
over worked, underpaid, poor care for mental health greedy upper management
This job does provide me with good work/life balance, as it is a Monday - Friday, "bankers hours" type schedule. However, I do not believe my salary is appropriate considering the stress I face and my workload. From what I understand, Hub International is notorious for paying lower salaries than their competitors do for similar positions.
Pros
Good schedule that works with my lifestyle
Cons
Salary on the low end of industry standards
Job very sale focused. Needed to meet target even during a pandemic. Even when businesses were shutting down and worried about their survival, you had to prospect.
I did like my co-workers alot. There was favoritism. The work load was fantastic, customers were great. Absolutely love being an insurance broker. Pay on the other hand was definitely unfair.
Managed out of a job due to awful management. would not recommend this place of work to anyone. Very little training and very little support. Very poor salary
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Hub International?
Upper management has cut pays across the board even with us being deemed essential workers and working long demanding hours using our own phones, computers and internet. We are spending our time doing many transactions over the phone and working to the point of breakdowns and upper management has decided that we are overpaid and rolled back. Hub already has some of the lowest salary’s in the industry. Either they are not financially strong enough to weather a few weeks of down turn or they are screwing us on purpose.
Terrible managers one after another. No one has an answer for anything and they will ignore you and hope you go away. Emails and phone calls go unanswered. Extremely heavy workloads and due to employees quitting so often your workload only gets larger with promises that things will change. Had to work massive amounts of overtime before and after a holiday just to keep my head above water. Mental stability at risk.
Only concerned about sales numbers and treat employees very poorly. No one stays for long because they are pushed out the door by bad management. The old crew run the show, very much like high school and new employees are never trained properly. All around toxic environment and a disappointing experience.
Pros
Regular work hours
Cons
Too many to list
Poor Management. Unfair paid. long hours with no overtime paid. Pay below the market. HR department are just for look. Department manger can’t help employee for better work life
I enjoyed my time at HUB, staff members and management are very helpful and welcoming. They are dedicated to effectively training staff. They were also committed to employee education.
They use ppl and do not respect work life balance. The "family" gets to do whatever they want. Very cliquey, lack of training and consistency. Messy group of people on their high horse. They do not appreciate your hard work, punctuality or anything. They are discriminatory towards people of colour and WOMEN.
This company seems to have a continuous revolving door with new employees starting and employees leaving. Poor management, poor support system. They say they are there for you however they are very discriminating towards employees. Management needs help with training or lack there of and supporting staff needs.
Busy start to finish. Training and educaitonal opportunities are avaialble. Not a job to take if you have no experience. Fair with hours, benefits and pay.
Nice company to work, lots of opportunity for career advancement and they provide training to its employees . They support and pay for their employees continuous education .
HUB has great cultural diversity and a mixture of gender, but there is nearly 0 LGBTQ support. The staff are rewarded often and treated fairly. Its a fun environment to work in. However, the pay is very low for the amount of responsibility and work you are expected to do. It's easy to move departments but hard to advance.
*2 years of your valuable time in this company minimum to acquire all necessary insurance licenses just to barely afford cost of living in Manitoba and the cost of taking care of your family to provide a decent life. *Don't waste your precious time here, believe in yourself and aim higher, you and your family deserve better, you're better off as a stock broker 100%.
I have no complaints about working for this company. They have a lot of room for growth within the company, and they do encourage you to learn and grow.
  1. Employee reviews