HUB International
Happiness score is 40 out of 100

HUB International Employee Reviews

Canada108 reviews

Variety of Tasks/Workload Overwhelming

Overall ok experience. Workload is overwhelming at times. Lack of co workers accountability is distressing. No communication skills between any part of management to the employees. Benefits are pretty good. Some room for advancement but that comes with more stress and salary is not enough for that stress level.

Pros

Relaxed dress code

Cons

Lack of communication and salary for knowledge level

You can do better. Look elsewhere for a career

This is a professional career that requires a license which is renewed annually to keep employment.They offer slightly above minimum wage for your efforts.I chose to be employed by them for 2 years and in that time recieved no raise not even a customary 3 month advancement.If you are looking for a company to grow your career and keep up with today's cost of living then HUB is not a good choice.Advancement and promotions are determined by how well you pretend to be friends with your manager, and how many secret conversations you can have with them about other employees. Your hard work will not be appreciated here.

Cons

Too much workload for too little pay. Promises of raises and advancement are never fulfilled.

Supportive team and managers

It really depends on the office you work in. It can be a generous employer and supportive. This all depends on regional, office management and the experience level of your coworkers. some days can be fast and stressful and also get down time as well.

Pros

tuition assistance

Cons

long hours shift and more days off is nice

Awful management

Terrible management , no full time manager , under staffed constantly tons of part time staff who are never available and when they are they don’t do anything all shift

Got my initial experience there then moved on to better-paying company.

They’re always hiring which is great when starting a career in insurance but they do not pay enough to keep you there. After getting some experience, I was able to get a much paying job elsewhere.

Pros

Easy to get a job with them.

Cons

Poor pay for very stressful work.

STAY FAR AWAY.... If you want to keep your sanity. Don't make the mistake I did!

Someone compared this place to high school, I think that was being a little generous. It's a bunch of middle aged people that behave more like kids in a kindergarten. and I had it easy since I was working remotely I can only imagine what a depressing place this must be if you had to go in person. To qualify for a broker role, you only need to answer yes to the following questions:Do you currently have a pulse?Are currently Inhaling Oxygen and exhaling Carbon Dioxide?It's actually scary the level of incompetence that flourishes here. The Pay is waaaay below industry average, even with the "Commission"Unless your current employment requires handling raw sewage, it's probably better than working here.

Pros

They Pay for your RIBO training and Exam.

Cons

A lot!

Great growth opportunities

if you work hard, they will support your education and there are tremendous opportunities for growth, my manager was amazing...she was so flexible and really helpful!!

Pros

great management

Cons

working weekends

Good stable work, lots of room to grow.

I enjoyed working at HUB. I would go back if I were to go back to the Insurance Industry but I have retired from that career now. My Management was great, lots of ongoing education and training opportunities available. Also lots of room for growth. If they see management potential in you they will offer opportunities to pursue that.

Pros

Diverse culture, Room for growth, ongoing education, decent salary with bonus potential

A great career

I enjoy working for hub. My manager is great and supportive and I feel the managers above are as well. I feel I am paid fairly and the hours are great. I recommend them as an employer

Pros

Paid education. Excellent benefits

Cons

Good workplace and good colleagues

No work life balance, long hours due to late closing hours of dealerships. Fun workplace with good colleagues, learnt alot but management not supportive enough for future career and does not understand emergencies/sick calls. Management doesnt work weekends or to cover each other when other is not there but expect subordinates to change schedule and work sundays to accommodate short staff issues. Overwork and too much micromanagement, some favoritism is there as well. Low salary

Cons

Long hours sometimes after 9pm

Not a good place to work in personal lines dept. of Markham branch.

Not a good place to work in personal lines dept. of Markham branch. Very very stressful. Overtime work is not being paid. Managers are not supportive to their staff.

poor management and co workers who clash

My time at Hub was good, loved the work and the people, until the last year of my career. Covid comes along and employees get a pay cut, among other things, overworked during the pandemic always wanting more sales out of employees from management. People put in charge that really have no personality and are fairly new to the company. Speaking up to the manager about things in the branch gets over looked, bad behavior from coworkers, gossiping, favoritism, and toxic people.

Pros

Good Christmas partys

Cons

low pay, like really low

Hub was fast paced in that it had a high turnover of people leaving monthly and no clear communication as to training replacements. If you enjoy customer service and taking charge of your duties and expanding on them then this is the place for you.I enjoyed my post but there were people who were there only for the experience as they were young and eager to learn and move on. But the people who had been there for a long time seemed to share some of the information needed to get the job done.

Pros

Events for staff

Cons

Advancement not always available for long term employees

Room for improvement

Working for this company was a 3 year rollercoaster. With rude clients, rude co-workers who rather bully others instead of actually work, to special treatment with certain employees and management. The salary for someone experienced was laughable. Toxic work culture for LGBTQ+.

Pros

1 hour lunch

Cons

Rude work environment

Run don’t walk!

Management has favourites no advancement unless you are special. Work hard , overtime without pay. Treated like garbage no matter how hard you work. Do not recommend to anyone ! If your sick and can’t work you get punished, pay is poverty and work life balance does not exist , you are expected to live breathe HUB! Worst job ever

Pros

Cons

Overtime no pay, lazy co-workers

Great Culture

Very fast paced environment. Always feel challenged in my role, everyday is always different. Team and management are helpful. I had no experience with insurance before and everyone is open to sharing. Lots of opportunities for growth. The company and team has great culture. Although busy, they promote great work-life balance.

Pros

Work life balance, team, opportunities for growth, learning opportunities, culture

Cons

A great place for your career, fun team environment, supportive management

I've been at HUB for several years and would highly recommend this company. I have found my career has grown tremendously over the years and there is a lot of opportunity within the company. The work environment is team oriented with some great, knowledgeable and fun people to work with. I think I have one of the best teams, we support each other and collaborate on projects and there are always new and fun challenges to tackle. I've always felt comfortable around management, they'll provide great insight into the business and guide you through your career. Management is also very thoughtful towards our colleagues, thinking of ways to improve company culture and everyone's work experience. HUB is also a rapidly growing company. In the time I've been here we've grown from the 10th largest to the 5th largest broker in the world. This creates opportunity for everyone in the company. In terms of work-life balance, we're constantly encouraged to take time for ourselves, to rejuvenate and do the things we love. I can't say enough good things about this company, I believe that's why myself and so many others are still here for so many years. Whether you're just starting your career or are looking for a change, I believe HUB is a great company where you will see growth in your career and as an individual.

Pros

Great team environment, growth, work-life balance

Cons

Gets busy at times

Fast paced and amazing place to work if you are up for a challenge!

You will be faced with a variety of tasks and a fast-paced environment. There is a significant amount of women in both sales and leadership; many who have risen in the ranks from within the company. Opportunities for advancement abound – all you need to do is get yourself educated/licensed (Hub will pay) are apply for the position. I love the fast pace and the frequent innovation. The hardest part is the volume of work – I enjoy being busy – but it’s not for everyone.

Pros

Interesting Work, Flexible Benefits, Vacation hours, Sales Incentives, Education Support

Cons

Heavy workload

Challenging- supportive and fun environment- not for the lazy!

I worked for 15 years. It is not a company for everyone- but if you work hard, show initiative and think of this company as one to build a career- it is an excellent place for you. If you show any self drive this company and its management are prepared to support your initiative- through education and opportunities. Like any company you can't expect to be handed everything- you are in the driver seat. Management doors are open and they are approachable - If you see a course that will help you, they are open to you taking it. If you are interested in a career change within the organization- they are open to helping you get there. You have to tell them and drive your career. It is not a place however if you expect everyone to hand you things. Hard work and open communication is rewarded.

Pros

Great people, Great culture, Many opportunities, creative employer

Cons

No pension

Loads of Opportunity & Support

I've worked at HUB for many years and it's a fast-paced and friendly environment. Teams collaborate and internal transfers and promotions are encouraged and supported. I personally have advanced and seen many others advance. It doesn't happen without working for it though - invest in your own development, skills and expertise.Management cares about your thoughts and opinions - you're encouraged to share them if you want to see change. Honest feedback is valued from all employees and an annual survey is sent out. Feedback between surveys is also encouraged and appreciated.HUB is a good fit for employees who take initiative and care about the quality of their work. There's lots of opportunity for advancement for those willing to put in the time and effort into their growth and development. You're also supported in staying in the same role and becoming an expert if that's what you want.There is no perfect place to work but HUB has heart, is transparent and cares for their employees. It is a busy workplace for sure but the people are good people. You'll have great coworkers and a manager and management team that cares.

Pros

Fast-paced, opportunity for growth, support

Low Pay, High Stress

They pay the least out of all the insurance companies yet they advertise competitive wages. High volumes of customers but always short staffed. Turn over rate is horrible.

Pros

hour long lunch

Cons

high stress, low pay, fast paced, angry customers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUB International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement