HUB International

HUB International Employee Reviews

Canada173 reviews

insurancesalaryworkloadtrainingsupportbalancelowgrowth

Great place to work!

I love my place of work, I love my team mates, and my clients! The benefits are great, and not all that costly, which helps. I couldn't ask for more :)

Nice place to work

Team and managers are nice and helpful. It is not stressful at all. The pay could be better but then it’s chilled environment . You work on Saturdays.

Insights into HUB International

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging

Productive fun and friendly environment

Best company ever.. will not even think of leaving them ever.. i just passed my 2 years mark and still love it as my first month.Support are available all the time.. everyone in the team count as support not just tema leader

Well established, progressive organization

HUB International is an excellent organization to work at. It has a strong culture of growth, advancement opportunities and well supported with impactful people development programs and training.

Pros

Collaborative, good employee support and practices.

Cons

None.

I do not recommend this company

After working for HUB International for 3.5 years I would NOT recommend this insurance company to anyone looking to work in this field. When hired you are told about all the great benefits of working for this company including flexibility and that family always comes first, once you are past your probationary period all that will change. Wages are not competitive, the manager speaks poorly about employees to other and there is a lack of training required to do you job properly.

Cons

Split work weeks, no flexibility, poor management, lack of support from your manager and more

You don't matter. You are a number. You are not valued. You are not paid what you deserve!

Insufficient training for the job. You get on the floor and can actually handle 1 of 10 requests on your own. You will leave feeling drained, overwhelmed and unsatisfied and you come in the next day and do it all over again. The light at the end of the tunnel never gets closer. Management changes the processes constantly and your tools to succeed in the job are systematically taken away from you - an already difficult job becomes excruciatingly harder and more and more frustrating. The commission structure is peanuts and never proportional to the amount of work you have to do the majority of the times to complete a sale. Even though you are hired as a service broker, they will push you for sales and it becomes a driving factor in your reviews and success in the company. You can get paid the same amount of money doing a job that doesn’t suck the soul out of you or make you hate coming into work everyday.

Pros

My co-workers were usually helpful, mostly because we were all going through the same maddening experience.

Cons

Low pay in relation to the stress of the job, out of touch management

For my Team a Great environment blending work and socials to keep everyone together

As I can speak mostly about my team within Hub it is an amazing environment. I am able to speak to my coworkers and upper managements about workload and should I feel overwhelmed one week they will try and assist and are understanding. They really do their best to create a safe work environment for us with social activities, learning opportunities and pushing us to be as great as we can be. My current tasks are more administrative but there are opportunities to grown and learn from courses, meetings, and hands on experiences presented to me. At times it's hard work (it is a job!) but you are rewarded and acknowledge for the time and effort you put in and that for me make a very big difference. It makes you feel seen and not just another number.The overall company outside of my team is big and while my interactions with other teams has been few; Hub has created many social events so that the company can interact and get to know each other. While no company is perfect I definitely look for a company that makes effort in continually improving and so far with my time here at Hub they have made many changes to make the environment as enjoyable, safe and balanced as possible for its employees so far.

Pros

work life balance, opportunities to advance, social events

Cons

no permanent desks for some locations, limited interactions with other departments

Productive workplace

HUB is a great place to work. We love being productive while having fun at the same time. HUB provides great compensation and benefits to its employees. Quarterly appraisals are done so employees are on right track. They provide online training which is always convenient and helpful.

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Too busy workplace

Productive, fun and ergonomic workplace

Hub International may be a big company, it doesn't feel like it when working there. Each office is micro-managed which make the processes easier and gives a certain freedom. Management and HR are very human and understanding and they take employees' happiness very seriously.At Hub International, I feel heard and valued and I love it.

Great management

I used to work at Gallagher for 13 years. It took one bad manager to get me to leave. After starting here at HUB I once again feel at home and under great leadership.

Pros

management, team chemistry, positive work/home balance

Cons

Lots of company wide group conference calls...

Not too bad if you are good at sales

You really have to have that sales gene to succeed here. The people are really fantastic and this branch does really well but if you can't close sales it can become daunting to not meet the goals

Not what I expected

On my first day of employment, my immediate supervisor seemed surprised that I was there. She was not really welcoming, did not have my workstation set up and during the course of the day, I started feeling really bad "vibes" from her. As time went on, things did not improve. Most of the staff were really nice and friendly. Some of the staff took their laptops home at night and put in several hours of "catch-up work" at home. Without pay, of course. I did not receive any formal training and was told to ask my co-workers for help if I needed anything. Most of the staff were willing to take the time and effort to assist me, however, some were down right rude. I soon learned whom I could ask for assistance. Mostly, the staff is overworked and stressed out and no one is happy. Most staff last less than a year here. I would not recommend working at this office to my enemies.

Pros

Free lunches occasionally

Cons

Everything else

Fast paced poor ethics

Insurance is a great industry to pursue however i recommend not at this workplace. You will be micro managed, called out in meetings, confidentiality is non existent. Extremely poor management is the root cause of the high turnaround. Insurance is great just not here. If they need you on scheduled time off you better show up or you will be punished. Doing good is not enough you must always do better.

Run don’t walk. There are way better places to work

If I could give 0 stars I would. There isn’t a single positive thing I can say about this place. Unprofessional , no work life balance and nothing to show for it. Notoriously the lowest paying brokerage everywhere despite having competition on every block. When injustices are mentioned so that hopefully you may come up with a resolution , you become the problem for speaking up. The squeaky wheel doesn’t get the oil in this company , you get the boot instead. Well actually, you won’t get fired they’ll just push you to your limits till you decide to leave the toxic environment that it is. Management has favourites and they make that very clear. They set you up for failure. I truly believe in trying to leave something or somewhere better than you found it but, that is nearly impossible for this company as they do not want to hear any feedback. Good luck even getting an exit interview/survey. It all sounds good on paper , until you start working and you realize you’ve probably made the biggest mistake you could. My advice? Invest your time somewhere, where it will be valued and where you will be valued as an employee. Nothing about that is HUB. Run don’t walk if you value yourself and your mental health.

Pros

I have a great counsellor/therapist now

Cons

Toxic work environment, overworked, under paid, favouritism, management, understaffed

amazing team

managment and staff were great, the job was great, benefits after three months of probation, my only complaint was it didn’t pay a livable wage, or i would have stayed

A Team that Genuinely Cares

I feel valued and supported at HUB Coastal. Our different regions collaborate with one another but still operate independently. I can't speak for the other HUBs but at the Coastal region I've had a great experience! It is a fast past environment, with alot of things on the go. The management team here genuninely cares about support their teams, helping them grow and develop. We have an Learning & Development department that supports this too! People are friendly and invested to the company.

Pros

Beautiful office space, team lunchs, events, open door policy, supportive, growth opportunities are abundant!

Cons

Needs to hire more people to support their continuous growth

Didn’t make it pass the interview

Honestly as an experienced road agent with number of years in the Insurance industry , walk the other way . This company is not it . They want you to use your own resources to provide a job they have asked you do ( cell phone , internet , car ) they provide a very non existent car allowance , they are very shady when it comes to salary as they try their best to pay just a little bit above minimum wage , their own managers do not have a high regard for their own staff , the person that interviewed me at the office was rude and came off extremely condescending , they were not at front with me when I asked them about commission , car allowanced and benefits , to find out then actually don’t provide any and their benefit program is very low . The other red flag is that they are always hiring , which means their turn over is huge ! Goes to show their toxic environment

Pros

Cons

Long hours, over worked and underplayed

Not fun place to work

I will not recommend working for Hub International, it’s not the place where you wanna go 5 days and work 8 hours every day. A lots of negativity and stress in this this company or it was in the office where I worked.

Working as an advisor

Good place to start .good training Lots of webinars, lots of insurance company come over to train you. Lots of opportunity to collaborate with group.

Pros

Free coffee and tea

Cons

Very busy

Family type atmosphere

Great place to work at. Once you are in, the company helps you succeed and is patient with you. Always room to improve and move up. All colleagues feel more like friends than just coworkers.

Pros

Benefits are good, overtime is optional

Cons

Not the greatest pay

Positive and stimulating work environment

I applied to Hub with little office experience. They liked my customer service skills and willingness to learn and they patiently taught me the work skills. I learned by doing and the whole office was patient as I worked through initial mistakes and the learning process. The employee benefits are good, and I appreciate the efforts to have employee engagement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUB International. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement