Hub International Employee Reviews

Big Boys Club
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC15 January 2019
Too many changes, not enough communication, management is picked on a "who you know" basis, not "what you know". Yearly bonuses are expected to be acceptable as a part of your income, and raises are rarely if ever given.
Review
Account Manager for a Producer handling accounts (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 December 2018
8:30 - 4:30 Monday to Friday
Workplace culture very tense
I enjoyed going to work and doing my job. Co-workers were great.
Management very uncaring..
Decent pay, awful environment
Mobile Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  BC21 November 2018
Pay is decent and benefits are great. Constant over time if you are a mobile agent as they can't seem to keep any staff. Management is awful and doesn't care about any of their staff. Good agents are treated like garbage and lazy agents aren't reprimanded. High stress environment as there is no organization and structure. Nobody has your best interest in mind, not even HR. They just want the dealerships and clients happy because that's how they make money. Office environment is unhealthy because everyone is tired and overworked. Lots of alcoholics and drug addicts using while working.
Benefits
Cons
Awful management, constant over time, no structure
Great Place to work
Personal Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON25 September 2018
HUB is a fantastic place to work, best career move I made.
Great bonuses & extra commission in my department – personal lines dept. They support life balance giving us extra long weekends. Office workload is busy but manageable if you make the effort. People & management super supportive and great.
Glad I’m here!
Pros
friendly co-workers, lots of community charity, flexible management & great work hours, opportunity
Hub TOS retail branch
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC7 May 2018
This is my opinion based on my experience as a manager with Hub TOS.

Manager position is more suited for a Type A personality that’s not afraid to step on some toes, put in lots of extra hours, can handle being micromanaged and likes to micromanage others.

Not suited for someone looking for work life balance in a collaborative fun environment that promotes personal growth.

There is quite a bit of data entry redundancies for tracking sales, quotes and dispatches. There’s checklists to help keep track of all the checklists that you need to complete. Almost everything needs to be tracked manually.

I found upper management to be negative and pessimistic. I was asked to blind cc, tell my team how “pathetic” they were doing. If an employee had something important come up that conflicted with business needs it was “Not my problem”. I felt that they we’re not transparent and we’re always working an angle.

Personally I would not recommend Hub TOS if you’re looking to join in a leadership role.

Could be a good fit for a career driven individual looking to gain some experience as an agent.
Pros
Good place to gain some experience. Good salary and commission structure.
Cons
No work life balance, negative environment.
Excellent place to learn
Auto Associate (Former Employee) –  Barton Cranbrook11 February 2019
All new staff and Management at location-she is a great lady. Auto team is great to work with. Professional and building is undergoing a total renovation to present professional staff with more of a professional environment.
Pros
Friendly and open
Cons
Saturdays
Unrealistic workload fora low pay job
Personal Lines Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON18 May 2018
This is a great place to work if you have no other skills other than insurance and you are almost close to retirement or starting your career. The expectation is unrealistic and the workload is high. I would be okay with any workload if the compensation reflects that. So far the biggest mistake joining the company hoping for a better pay.
Pros
co workers, vacation time, flexible management
Cons
low pay, unrealisticly heavy workload, lack of structure
Sahali Branch
Insurance Broker (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC18 December 2018
Hub International was a great training facility coming into a new career. When I was at the first branch In Sahali the manager there was amazing and always there for her staff and it shows in the moral.
Pros
Learning from a great bunch of people
Cons
Leaving that branch
management plays favorites
Insurance Agent (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 June 2018
if you aren't a brown noser you have no hope in getting ahead with this company. Human resources is terrible to deal with everything is a big secret. high turn over of staff due to lack of skilled management. branch supervisors and personal lines employees cover each other to upper management and often leave early at the end of the day or take extended lunches.
Pros
Cons
no chance of advancement unless you suck up to higher ups
Terrible Company to Work for and very cheap!
Commercial (Former Employee) –  Alberta24 August 2018
I worked at Hub for a year and what a waste of time. No opportunity for growth what so ever. No management support. Very clicky. Would not recommend working for Hub ever.
Pros
Office Location
Cons
Cheap, Cheap, and Gossipy (boarderline harassment)
get in for experience and get out
Insurance Road Agent (Former Employee) –  vancouer12 April 2018
This is a place where you come for experience and then you get out, salary was awful, management was poor, little leadership, did not care about you at all
Was Promised my job would be there for when I returned but it was not
Autoplan Agent (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC23 January 2019
Was Promised my job would be there for when I returned but it was not. It was a nice place to work but was at the lower pay grad than other insuance brokers.
boss
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ontario15 October 2018
typical day was bad. had to work in suburbs no stuff to do out there. boss was a wiener and not nice. had two wizards in the same cubicles as me who both had ibs
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
not always
Old school insurance broker
Broker Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 September 2018
This is a solid business, not my cup of tea as it is large and slow to adapt and implement changes, but honestly too big to worry about a smaller competition in such a fragmented industry.
Good Company
Account Executive, Reception/Office Services (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 April 2018
I really enjoyed working at this company. I managed a book of business with 2 account managers. The management was really friendly and accommodating to me.
Big company but cheap
Personal insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC29 September 2017
Hub is big and reputable company.

However, Management and company's culture is very narrow minded and old fashioned.
Little to no support to employees.
Salary increase only after 2 years of working for them, no bonuses.
Very hard to get promoted and move between departments.
Pros
Big company
Cons
Low pay
Well structured, efficient and fun!
PERSONAL LINES ADVISOR (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2017
Hub International has been amazing for me in both Manitoba and BC. wonderful management team and organization of the many offices they hold. Best work-life balance i've established so far in the insurance industry. Perfect for those looking to get involved with insurance
Pros
Happy enviroment
Cons
Open Sundays
A typical work day
Business Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC29 March 2017
Pretty much a normal day in the life of an IT guy. You usually start the morning providing support to the end users and management as needed via email, chat or phone. It was a family environment with a good relationship with the other employees and co workers. I enjoyed the team I was with as we were all there to help eachother and keep the business functioning from a technology stand point.

The hardest part of the job was keeping a work/life balance as current technology makes it so easy to stay connected to work even once the day is over.

I enjoyed my time with HUB and hope to find a similar environment one day.
Pros
Family environment.
Cons
Hard to find a work/life balance
Successful for a reason
Manager (Current Employee) –  British Columbia6 October 2017
HUB is successful for a reason. It's a large company but still has an entrepreneurial spirit and staff have the ability to always do what is right for their clients (both external and internal).

At a company as large as HUB, you have growth opportunities both locally and across the organization. You are only really limited by yourself.

We work hard but have fun while doing it.
Pros
Great growth opportunities
good company
Auto Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 March 2015
Company was good to work for. Great Benefits, not enough communications between management. Great place depending on location, you are working for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hub International. Our community is ready to answer.