HUB International Insurance Brokers Employee Reviews

Its a Job
Personal Insurance Advisor (Current Employee) –  British Columbia4 April 2018
I've been with Hub for about two years and its okay. The pay isn't very good (about minimum wage). The benefits are great though. I am a personal Insurance Adviser and had to take the licensing program for the level 1 insurance license and am required to earn educational hours every year. For the amount of time that is spent learning and educating for this job, I feel like they compensate very low. I am in a small office and it feels like we are looked over by upper management. The only reason I go to work everyday Is because of the friendships I have with my coworkers. I think there may be room for advancement but you have to be there for years and work in one of the head offices, otherwise you are pretty much going to stay in the same position.
Pros
Some coworkers are nice, good benefits
Cons
Low Pay, no advancement
no structure or displine in office
Agent/Brokers Level (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 April 2018
co-workers for the most part were good. company plays favorites for promoting and hiring. poor pay in compared to other brokers. working sundays suck under staffed for amount of clients
great place to work
Personal Insurance Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC19 November 2017
I loved my job, and the team that I worked with, only reason I left my position there was due to us relocating back to New Zealand. I loved working with the team of people i did, they were great when training was required, and supportive when we needed to deal with claims or writing new business.
Pros
great learning environment, team
Cons
salary based slightly low
Place to learn Insurance
Insurance Advisor (Former Employee) –  B.C11 June 2017
Hub was a great place to learn Insurance , the clients were excellent with a mix,

was succumbed to work, too much work with no time to even talk to any of the colleagues around, computer breakdown and errors in programmes was a norm there, no input or regular feed back asked from the frontline employee

The workplace culture was not good, no equality among the managers, you have to be a managers fav to grow or even promoted, the president of the department was very culture based, always talked and promoted the ladies from her caste and culture, who could speak only her language.

The hardest part of the job was always feeling sad that being in the company for several years still no opportunities were provided for growth, and staff that were hired and from the same culture went into the position of a leader, there was no one to listen, you couldn't give your input or advise on anything, you get shut down and left on your own.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients and learning new things as it came around.
Pros
Free lunches sometime, work hours
Cons
too much work, department managers
Good company
Supervisor, Payroll, Benefits & Compensation (Current Employee) –  Canada8 November 2016
Growing company, lots of opportunity
Open concept work spaces
Open door policy for managers
Nice building
Co-workers great
Cares More About The Bottom-Line than It's People
Accounting Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 September 2016
You're a number not a person, micro-managed and you work long hours for little compensation.

Strong team - had a lot of fun.
Pros
Good Camaraderie, Team Work, Employee Initiatives, Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Low Pay, Micro Manager
personal review
Service Representative/Broker (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB4 September 2016
i enjoyed my job , had hard time to ever changing management and rules and requirements set in place that changed depending on the day or who you were. what i though was family oriented company , sadly was not.
Pros
good offices, great coworkers
Cons
ever changing managements and constantly not knowing where you stood