HUB International Insurance Brokers

HUB International Insurance Brokers Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
The people are great to work with. hiring pay is competitive but salary increases over time are not. Benefits are really good. The job itself is demanding and there is a certain amount of studying you are expected to do on your own time
Benefits are excellent and the Management are helpful if you have problems Working hours are long but there are lots of way to make money
You have to work week end
Pros
Lots of opportunities to make money
Cons
Long hours and stressful
Not all that great of a company. Huge turnover rate and they can’t ever seem to have enough employees for the workload given. I wouldn’t recommend them to a friend.
There are many jobs in the insurance industry. This was a great entry job and the management always made me feel confident with many one on ones. The hardest part of the job was picking up speed with accuracy. There was ample of on the job training. You can't go wrong with this company. They should be one of the top 100 companies to work for. Loved the hours.
Pros
Free lunches and training
Cons
Needed more group meetings so that everyone was consistent.
Staff are working hard and trying to stay ahead yet not paid for this effort -need to be more competitive in their salary and benefits matching work.
Staff are leaving soon after arriving or being let go - young people come in for the experience /training and leave soon afterwards with no replacement in the interim, and Managers covering for this but not always knowledgeable or prompt in response to clients.
Pros
Before long weekend -1/2 day off
Cons
Working hard for low pay
Très bon employeur. Excellentes conditions. Par contre il y a un relâchement de management au profit de certains employés (ées) qui se permettent des privilèges car, de bons vendeurs. Et cela détériore le climat de travail. Malgré tout c’est une très bonne entreprise en pleine expansion.
Pros
Excellentes conditions
Typical day at work was very busy. Too much to do with to little staff. Days flew by and no matter how hard you worked you still couldn't see the end of the tunnel.

No official learning process, learning on the job. Very little support and funds for out of office advanced learning. Continuing Ed credits were offered through company sponsored training lunches, in house training, portal etc.

Management were supportive but were never able to successfully hire additional personnel for the department I worked in. Salary? Work place culture? Bad Reviews? Not sure why...

People were friendly, my co-workers were great. They were the reason that I liked my job and stayed as long as I did.

I worked for Hub for 6 years and truly enjoyed my job. I left because of too much work, not enough staff, zero work/life balance and massive stress.
Cons
Too Much Work, Not enough Staff
It was a good company until they let the leader of the team I joined in 2008 lose his integrity and practice self-preservation. There is much to be desired from HR responsibility to make sure everyone’s annual performance on-line is well discussed and completed with acknowledged results by both reviewer and reviewee.
Pros
Encourages continuing professional education.
Cons
Team leadership lacks integrity.
Insurance industry can be demanding but with it. HUB is a good brokerage and has many incentives for employees who want to grow their career.

Work can be hard at times due to volume but you have supports and you get back what you put in.

Work place culture is supportive and the managements overall if good.
Pros
Free education, odd free lunches, great people.
Cons
Long Hours, Angry Customers
It was a good company to work. One thing I liked best with HUB International was if your are thinking of advancing your career, there were great opportunities for you to do that within the company. The focus on management and how they treat their employees is great. Employees get regular reviews throughout the year and get to set goals which I felt the management was very helpful in reaching those goals. The only con I can think of is they pay was not at par with the rest of the world. I felt I should have gotten more pay for the responsibilities I had during my time with HUB. Overall it was a great company to work for.
Pros
Great opportunities for advancement
Cons
Less pay than most places
I've been with Hub for about two years and its okay. The pay isn't very good (about minimum wage). The benefits are great though. I am a personal Insurance Adviser and had to take the licensing program for the level 1 insurance license and am required to earn educational hours every year. For the amount of time that is spent learning and educating for this job, I feel like they compensate very low. I am in a small office and it feels like we are looked over by upper management. The only reason I go to work everyday Is because of the friendships I have with my coworkers. I think there may be room for advancement but you have to be there for years and work in one of the head offices, otherwise you are pretty much going to stay in the same position.
Pros
Some coworkers are nice, good benefits
Cons
Low Pay, no advancement
co-workers for the most part were good. company plays favorites for promoting and hiring. poor pay in compared to other brokers. working sundays suck under staffed for amount of clients
Rewarding career. Challenging and highly competitive. Time for a change as I had been in this industry for many years. Most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with people and servicing my clients
I loved my job, and the team that I worked with, only reason I left my position there was due to us relocating back to New Zealand. I loved working with the team of people i did, they were great when training was required, and supportive when we needed to deal with claims or writing new business.
Pros
great learning environment, team
Cons
salary based slightly low
Hub was a great place to learn Insurance , the clients were excellent with a mix,

was succumbed to work, too much work with no time to even talk to any of the colleagues around, computer breakdown and errors in programmes was a norm there, no input or regular feed back asked from the frontline employee

The workplace culture was not good, no equality among the managers, you have to be a managers fav to grow or even promoted, the president of the department was very culture based, always talked and promoted the ladies from her caste and culture, who could speak only her language.

The hardest part of the job was always feeling sad that being in the company for several years still no opportunities were provided for growth, and staff that were hired and from the same culture went into the position of a leader, there was no one to listen, you couldn't give your input or advise on anything, you get shut down and left on your own.

The most enjoyable part of the job was helping clients and learning new things as it came around.
Pros
Free lunches sometime, work hours
Cons
too much work, department managers
Growing company, lots of opportunity
Open concept work spaces

Open door policy for managers

Nice building

Co-workers great
You're a number not a person, micro-managed and you work long hours for little compensation.

Strong team - had a lot of fun.
Pros
Good Camaraderie, Team Work, Employee Initiatives, Good Benefits
Cons
Long Hours, Low Pay, Micro Manager
i enjoyed my job , had hard time to ever changing management and rules and requirements set in place that changed depending on the day or who you were. what i though was family oriented company , sadly was not.
Pros
good offices, great coworkers
Cons
ever changing managements and constantly not knowing where you stood