HSE Integrated Employee Reviews

Terrible management, don't care about workers
Safety Tech & Emergency Rescue Tech (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB1 January 2019
This company only cares about filling jobs, not about the actual worker. I would not suggest any one of my friends to work with this company. The lack of respect from management is unbelievable. They will hire you and not give you work.
Pros
good money IF they keep their promise to work you
Cons
no schedule, threaten your position
You will never advance.
Emr (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB17 January 2019
I have been with this company for a 5 years now, I was promised a raise after 3 months and I have still yet to receive one. Management is a joke. If you like working at $1 over min wage then this is the job for you! I keep my name on the list simply for the plant turn around during break up.
Pros
Other employees can be nice
Cons
Lowest pay in the industry
Terrible moral
HSE Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Mcmurray26 November 2018
Management and leaders have no concept of understanding compassion
Always use people and take advantage
Wages are the worst in Fort McMurray
Payroll keeps changing dates
Management always complaining how broke they all are
No raise in 4 years
So broke they can go on Hawaiian holidays to play golf
Management is useless
High angle rescue (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB28 September 2018
Management could care less, their dispatch system is flawed and the workers are tired of it, no one is happy or even content with their jobs here, if you work here keep it short and sweet and always look for something else.
Pros
None worth mentioning
Cons
Miscommunication
HSE Integrated
INDUSTRIAL PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC13 August 2018
I have learned a great deal at HSE Integrated such as management skills, they are always willing to send you for more training, I have been a industrial coordinator for roughly 4 years for them, the culture is great and your always meeting new people
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
have to live away
Toxic Environment
Rescue (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB19 November 2018
This company is toxic from the top down. HR is a joke management does what they want when they want with no backlash. Treats employees like numbers. Not worth the pay DO NOT APPLY HERE
Pros
Ok pay
Loved Working with HSE
OilField Safety Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 May 2018
HSE Intergrated was my foot in the door sorta speak they recruited and trained me to where i was a confident worker the people that i had the pleasure of working with were exceptional
Pros
When you showed that you were indispensable they knew it and rewarded you with more more
Cons
your soon forgotten
Tedious but great people
Fire services tech. (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB28 May 2018
The work can become tedious and repetitive but the the people there are responsible hard working individuals with tonnes of experience, now i didn't enjoy the work the work i was doing and needed to change jobs before going back to school.
Advancement Opportunities and Great People
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2018
I have worked at HSE Integrated for over a year within their corporate division. HSE Integrated has people in corporate, station and field level positions in 20 locations across Canada, and over the year I've been able to meet, travel and engage within all divisions. If you are interested in your work, engaged in your team and able to be a self starter, this is a great company to work for. It's proven to be an excellent experience. Most of the field level positions are part time contract work, so it is hard to gain a good understanding of the internal culture and I believe that's where a lot of the negative reviews come from (short term contract workers). I can only speak of my experience and I have greatly enjoyed working in this company.
Pros
Good people, team environment, opportunity for advancement, learning and training opportunities provided
night shift
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB14 May 2018
12 hours relaxed but vital work . you follow pipefitters around and do crack and proves under scba air as well as bottle watch which supplies air through air lines and to saba masks and over all watching for safety
Pros
lots of dead time
Diverse work environments
Firefighter/EMR/Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 February 2018
HSE is a safety company.

They offered fairly dismal wages, work was often poorly planned.

Workers were often overworked and under paid. There are easier ways to make way more money in the oil field.

Training and certification would often only be conducted in house. IE no external certificates that would be useful to your next employer. This is a tactic I saw used many times to handcuff employees to the company. They would also force you to pay back any courses that they could not offer in house at an inflated rate if you left early.
Pros
Vast experience on dynamic worksites all over the province
Cons
long hours, low pay, heavy buracratic environment.
Good atmosphere; Nice people around; you are a professional not just an employee.
Medic (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 February 2018
I compared seven different Hse's competitors to eventually realize that HSE Integrated is the best company to work for in Health and Safety industry. They do their best to always make me proud to wear hse coverallšŸ˜Ž. Dispatch does not put stress on you about your schedule. There is always some projects to keep you busy. Keep it up guys!!!
Pros
Good management; good pay.
Cons
None compare to competitors
Informative line of work and consistently learning
Rescue Technician (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON20 March 2018
Learned many new safety skills on different job sites as well as develop good relationships with other contractors. Self gratifying career knowing that other people were going home safely because you were doing your job.
Pros
Easy going work environment
Cons
Not consistent hours
Went to their school and never went to work
Safety Watch (Former Employee) –  FORT MCMURRAY7 February 2018
Told me in 2015 they had lots of work, I went to their 5day in house training passing all aspects, and never was sent out to a job,
They are a company I don't trust because I attended their training again in 2017 and was told we would go to work right after training, then on the first day of training at lunch break I asked the person who originally called me about training about going out to work and now she said "maybe"
I cant spend time going to school for 5 days with out pay to not even go to work, I had brought it up to her about the 2015 training without going to work before I attended the 2017 training and was told for sure you will go to work, so I don't trust them.
Pros
Cons
Not knowing when you work
Excellent Group from the CEO to the Shop Floor
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC31 January 2018
Company has seen growth without the pains. Streamlined management without making the front line workers seem small. Wages are competitive and above average when industry allows. Great collaborative group in management that ensures all workers voices are heard and change occurs as needed.

Excellent company to work for and grow with.
Pros
Front Line Staff / Dedicated
Cons
None to note
productive and fun place to work
Health and Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 April 2018
A typical day at work is like any other day same routine and and task.
Learned different task some task I can do them without supervision
The management are excellent and reliable.
Pros
Not Applicable
Cons
8 hours
Lots of challenge & good opportunities
Rescue technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB30 January 2018
I've been with HSE since last summer, and I've found that while there is lots of travel, the pay if good and I've ended up taking a bunch of additional training. I really enjoyed the high angle rescue training, and am working with a great group of people.
Pros
Rescue training, good wages
Cons
Long hours, short notice
Great Company
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Alberta20 February 2018
Great place to work. I feel appreciated and included as part of a team. The only negative part of the job is that there is a lot of work for just one person, but the appreciation for the work is a definitely shown by management.
Pros
Great work environment
A job just for now...
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB7 January 2018
HSE is a fairly unorganized company with too many employees hired and not enough hours (although they are always hiring more).
I don't like their system in how operations "spreads out" the hours available to work within employees, because it doesn't work, Sometimes I will have gone 2 or even 3 weeks without working.
Good to work for.
Safety Advisor (Current Employee) –  Sarnia, ON18 January 2018
HSE is good to work for. It would be nice to get a little more work once in a while.My immediate Boss is a good guy. My co-workers have been great as well. I enjoy working in the field rather than in an office. The interaction with workers is what I really prefer.