HSE Integrated Employee Reviews

Loved Working with HSE
OilField Safety Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB17 May 2018
HSE Intergrated was my foot in the door sorta speak they recruited and trained me to where i was a confident worker the people that i had the pleasure of working with were exceptional
Pros
When you showed that you were indispensable they knew it and rewarded you with more more
Cons
your soon forgotten
night shift
Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB14 May 2018
12 hours relaxed but vital work . you follow pipefitters around and do crack and proves under scba air as well as bottle watch which supplies air through air lines and to saba masks and over all watching for safety
Pros
lots of dead time
Advancement Opportunities and Great People
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 April 2018
I have worked at HSE Integrated for over a year within their corporate division. HSE Integrated has people in corporate, station and field level positions in 20 locations across Canada, and over the year I've been able to meet, travel and engage within all divisions. If you are interested in your work, engaged in your team and able to be a self starter, this is a great company to work for. It's proven to be an excellent experience. Most of the field level positions are part time contract work, so it is hard to gain a good understanding of the internal culture and I believe that's where a lot of the negative reviews come from (short term contract workers). I can only speak of my experience and I have greatly enjoyed working in this company.
Pros
Good people, team environment, opportunity for advancement, learning and training opportunities provided
Informative line of work and consistently learning
Rescue Technician (Current Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON20 March 2018
Learned many new safety skills on different job sites as well as develop good relationships with other contractors. Self gratifying career knowing that other people were going home safely because you were doing your job.
Pros
Easy going work environment
Cons
Not consistent hours
Diverse work environments
Firefighter/EMR/Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta21 February 2018
HSE is a safety company.

They offered fairly dismal wages, work was often poorly planned.

Workers were often overworked and under paid. There are easier ways to make way more money in the oil field.

Training and certification would often only be conducted in house. IE no external certificates that would be useful to your next employer. This is a tactic I saw used many times to handcuff employees to the company. They would also force you to pay back any courses that they could not offer in house at an inflated rate if you left early.
Pros
Vast experience on dynamic worksites all over the province
Cons
long hours, low pay, heavy buracratic environment.
Good atmosphere; Nice people around; you are a professional not just an employee.
Medic (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB20 February 2018
I compared seven different Hse's competitors to eventually realize that HSE Integrated is the best company to work for in Health and Safety industry. They do their best to always make me proud to wear hse coverallšŸ˜Ž. Dispatch does not put stress on you about your schedule. There is always some projects to keep you busy. Keep it up guys!!!
Pros
Good management; good pay.
Cons
None compare to competitors
Great Company
Office Administration (Current Employee) –  Alberta20 February 2018
Great place to work. I feel appreciated and included as part of a team. The only negative part of the job is that there is a lot of work for just one person, but the appreciation for the work is a definitely shown by management.
Pros
Great work environment
Went to their school and never went to work
Safety Watch (Former Employee) –  FORT MCMURRAY7 February 2018
Told me in 2015 they had lots of work, I went to their 5day in house training passing all aspects, and never was sent out to a job,
They are a company I don't trust because I attended their training again in 2017 and was told we would go to work right after training, then on the first day of training at lunch break I asked the person who originally called me about training about going out to work and now she said "maybe"
I cant spend time going to school for 5 days with out pay to not even go to work, I had brought it up to her about the 2015 training without going to work before I attended the 2017 training and was told for sure you will go to work, so I don't trust them.
Pros
Cons
Not knowing when you work
Excellent Group from the CEO to the Shop Floor
Station Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC31 January 2018
Company has seen growth without the pains. Streamlined management without making the front line workers seem small. Wages are competitive and above average when industry allows. Great collaborative group in management that ensures all workers voices are heard and change occurs as needed.

Excellent company to work for and grow with.
Pros
Front Line Staff / Dedicated
Cons
None to note
Lots of challenge & good opportunities
Rescue technician (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB30 January 2018
I've been with HSE since last summer, and I've found that while there is lots of travel, the pay if good and I've ended up taking a bunch of additional training. I really enjoyed the high angle rescue training, and am working with a great group of people.
Pros
Rescue training, good wages
Cons
Long hours, short notice
A job just for now...
Safety Watch (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB7 January 2018
HSE is a fairly unorganized company with too many employees hired and not enough hours (although they are always hiring more).
I don't like their system in how operations "spreads out" the hours available to work within employees, because it doesn't work, Sometimes I will have gone 2 or even 3 weeks without working.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoney Creek, ON15 September 2017
Great atmosphere, friendly co-workers. Wish I wasn't just covering a maternity leave.

A lot of opportunities for training and learning new material.
Productive and fun workplace
Safety Hand (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 September 2017
Very remote places for work but overall good pay and relatively nice environment.
Learn lots of practice and procedures. Management was not bad but mostly absent.
Safety culture was okay.
Training was fun
Inconsistent but high paying.
Firefighter/Medic (Former Employee) –  Brooks, AB26 August 2017
Good pay but is so poorly managed and work is so inconstant. you'll work for 2 weeks straight then get nothing for 2 months. work is all across AB,Sk and BC. so if you wanna sleep in your own bed with your family not take this job. if you're a single guy who just wants money its a good one.
Pros
high pay
Cons
inconsistent work. (2 weeks straight then nothing for two months)
Safety Advisor
Safety Advisor (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 August 2017
My work experience with HSE was Positive and I would work for them again. Management was good to deal with as were the support staff in the office. ..
Posting is for a Fire Alarm Technician not oil field
Technician (Current Employee) –  Ontario17 July 2017
This is for a job in Sarnia Ontario with their Fire division. One of the only offices that do this type of work at HSE. This is an opportunity to work with a strong and very busy service office. Great opportunity for a full time career.
Pros
Busy enviorment, lots of room for growth in the industry
Great divide between field and office
Rescue (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 June 2017
If it says they are hiring firefighter, they are not!! They don't even have a fire truck in fort Saskatchewan, You will be working as a safety watch, at one of the lowest rates in the industry. If you want to do fire jobs will need to go to fort St John.
You are treated as a number and nothing else. You are given and evenings notice about work, but when you give them a weeks notice of unavailability they get mad and sit you when you come back
WORST Safety Company
Safety Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 May 2017
12 years and not a single chance at advancement. Every job posted is filled outside the company as it is their policy to hire managers from outside. Keep in mind not a single mid-upper manager has a single days experience working in the field, should tell you what a complete joke this place is. For a "safety" company there is a complete lack of any safety culture. Federal hours of service are ignored by managers but employees are disciplined if they are in violation on their log books. 16 hour days are the norm, many times you are expected to work inexcess of 24 days. Every nickle and dime they can screw their employees out of will be.

Be warned, use it as a temporary job to other things.
Pros
The cheques clear
Cons
Long hours, poor work environment, poor treatment
Empty Promises
Training Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Sylvan Lake, AB29 April 2017
Things were great at the beginning when I was hired as the training administrator. I loved the interaction with the public. Our training coordinator was very lazy so I was thankful when she left the company eventually for another opportunity. When they finally posted for the coordinator position, I was pressured from the Station Manager to apply. So I did. I wasnt happy that it was for close to the same pay as I was getting for the admin position. Additional hours were expected as well as being on call every evening and on weekends. The Station Manager heard my apprehension but told me he would do a review in 3 months and go up to bat for me to get a raise. Nope.... didnt happen. I loved my job and the instructors I worked with but HSE, empty promises. I know I did an amazing job as the Coordinator of the training department but within a short time they decided to lay me off. The training dept went down the toilet and from what I know now, even after a move to Red Deer, that dept is still not functional. I met some amazing people while working at HSE but as a company to work for, I'd be cautious. They make promises but do not follow through and you seldom feel appreciated.
Pros
Customer Interaction
Cons
Long hrs expected with no appreciation
disorganized
Shophand (Former Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC10 April 2017
HSE will let you participate in everything, grow a career that you can transfer to a more dedicated company to fulfill.No one will help you when you are stranded by a company truck coming in from a company job.
Pros
Promotes education
Cons
disorganized, nobody is accountable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HSE Integrated. Our community is ready to answer.