HRG Worldwide

HRG Worldwide Employee Reviews

Canada69 reviews
Supervisors seem to snap at you when you ask a question or make you feel unintelligent if you make a mistake. They make employees feel as if they should know everything once you finish training even though it is impossible to cover everything in training.
I was part of the initial team that launched the current Federal Government Travel Website. This was in a call centre environment. In peak travel season fast paced and in low season quiet.
We provided daily support to government members looking to book travel or required support using the online booking tool.

Management had high expectations and demands on staff. Clocking on and off if taking breaks, ie the washroom
I had a great time working here years ago. The pay isnt great at all. And there are no incentives. However it really is a great place to get fantastic knowledge to start your career path. The staff and employes are kind.
Pros
Fun staff
Cons
Pay is low
Working from home was great. Able to get laundry done and meals started during breaks and lunches. Travelling to other cities for training was a great way to put faces to names
This company and management take advantage of their employees, wanting to pay only minimum wages, after employees gets seniority they find a way to get rid of them because they don’t want to pay more , so they fair old employees to hire new ones to pay minimum wage, that’s why they are hiring all the time
Of all the jobs I've had, this company gave me the best lasting impression. I really enjoyed the atmosphere, the staff was incredibly helpful and supportive. They had fun events and healthy competition. I really enjoyed talking with clients and helping problem solve situations with them.
Love working at the company, worked here a couple of times before. Nice working environment, people company, you feel more than just a number. Generally the people working here are very nice. The clients on our account are great as well. You are thanked for your work and appreciation plus respect is mutual.
8hr shifts
Team leaders are great!

Loved working with the customers

The person who was the trainer was awesome!

The hardest part for me was the long hours.
A trully great place to work
flexible hours,.

flexible weeks

flexible shifts

flexible hours

work from a home office
Terrible hours and pay. Managers have very little say on how things should be run, they're just following orders from higher ups, who are out of touch and have unrealistic expectations. Policies and procedures are constantly changing by adding further redundancies. Upper management can't figure out why they can't keep employees on. High stress and very closely monitored work with little to no appreciation or recognition given to top performers. Almost no chance for advancement/pay increase.
Pros
Occasional free food. Rare industry perks
Cons
Low pay/High stress
- standard inbound call center job but from home
- you assist clients with booking and altering their travel needs

- process is complex at first but makes sense as you go along

- initial job training is done in classroom

- any uptrainings are done by phone

- regular shift is from noon to evening

- save a few difficult calls, most of the time is relaxed and stress-free

- supervisors are supportive, aren't breathing down your neck

- lots of voluntary time-offs offered during slow days

- company provides equipment, covers internet bill, you provide the space

- great job if you need to or enjoy working from home

- not great if you like having co-workers, going outside, dressing up

- few bonuses or incentives, little room for growth

- company breakfast meetings happen thrice a year, the rest of the time you work alone

- average pay but you save a lot on commuting
Pros
relaxed, stress free, work from home, no commuting, no dress code
Cons
lonesome, little room for growth, average pay, training via phone, dull during slow days
Wonderful staff, wonderful management.

Monthly draws, potlucks.

Amazing people to work with, lots of supportive co-workers, and management is always helping you to improve.
working from home was very good experience. I grow and learned a lot from HRG I wish I should counted working with them.
very positive and helping. HRG is a great company to work with.

I should sign for permanent but that timeIi choose one year contract.

I feel bad for me now.
Pros
some time.
Cons
As an service agent, my job is to make travel bookings, exchanges, cancellations, Refund, Void, through various GDS systems. In order to process above have to thoroughly follow company and airline policies. Getting accurate price quotes
Workplace is Challenging, Fun with Ongoing Learning.

Management is good and easy going

Hardest part of this job is variable shifts

I love helping customer, facing challenges , and constantly learning something new which increase my knowledge and skills.
If something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I went to college for Tourism and Hospitality Management and was actively seeking a job as a Travel Agent when I stumbled upon a job posting for HRG. I should have taken the numerous postings as a red flag but I was so full of hope. Just a heads up: they are constantly hiring FOR A REASON.
I survived there for about 5 months before I threw in the towel. The stress was high and the pay wasn’t nearly enough to compensate for the poor quality of life due to the job. Here are a list of reasons of why I quit:

-shifts are typically 9 hours a day unless they tell you:

a) you’re being held for an hour overtime

b) they cut your hours because it’s the slow season

-you get called down to the dirt by upset clients. I’ve been criticized, yelled at, and hung up on. Other agents have been told to go “kill themselves” by clients. And if you hang up on them or say you refuse to help them until they calm down and speak to you respectfully, you will lose your job. No joke.

-adding on to the above statement, there is zero protection for the employees from the company. Emotional abuse and harassment from customers is just a daily routine and considered part of your job to sit there and take it. The company DOES NOT have your back - only the bottom line (ie. money) matters.

-much of the time, you spend the calls on hold waiting for a support team to help you with an issue or waiting for an airline to resolve something. It’s frustrating for both the client and you.

-the company is ALWAYS changing policies and procedures.
 - more...
Pros
Friendly co-workers, free coffee
Cons
Stressful. Just about everything
Great company to work with an outstanding manager. Friendly people. They offer great compensation with good hours of work. The management always tries to provide help when needed.
There's a very good vibe and for a big corporation, they treat you like a real person and not just a number. There is a big emphasis on teamwork.

The hardest part would be that the workload can be quite heavy since we handle multiple accounts.
Working there a good experience. The coworkers were great, the training was well put together. Always positive energy working in the office. Working from home made it a little hard to feel connected with the team.
Pros
Suprise snak or treats friday
Cons
Hard to work from home
It was too good to be true, having college training for a career in travel and a job at hand with decent benefits. But, you are locked in for 9 hrs of your day working from home. No commute time, but nevertheless, you remain stuck indoors for much of the day. Often times, you are required to put in overtime which could extend past an hour. The travel industry is becoming more challenging than ever, and, as a FLA you must deal with clients who hate banks and airlines and you are there taking the brunt of their frustrations every day. You are trapped between impatient clients and long waits for agent support due to lousy training, constant procedural changes, and poor help desk availability. Management tries to show they are doing their best to assist, however, a lot of responsibility is shouldered on the FLA while unrealistic expectations keep rising. Even with pay raises, it does nothing to alleviate stress that ruins enjoyment of life. In the end, you feel like an 85 year old. You stay awake at nights, worrying over or any numerous things you will be dragged over the coals for. You are never at peace to find any sort of enjoyment or job satisfaction When management detects weakness, they go in for the slow bleed, or resort to cruelty to get you to quit. Management consists of a cliquey high school mean-girl types. To cover their own backsides, they put on airs that they are classy and caring. Some have no other experience in the work world other than HRG and have sold their souls to the corporation. Combine immaturity plus unjustified egoism and you get quite - more...
Pros
Some people are truly well worth knowing. Constant learnng and development.
Cons
Lousy pay, high stress, loss of self, atonomy, enjoyment of life, health.
Worked for HRG for over 8 years on several different contracts. Management is atrocious. You are just a number and supervisors are not helpful most senior agents know more about the job than their supervisors. Only way to move up is to suck up to management. Pay is basic not worth the stress. Working at HRG is like going back to high school again with the cliques. Definitely better Travel Agencies out there.
Benefits
Cons
Poor Managent, pay
Working with HRG as a home-based Travel Agent/Counselor could be a challenging and rewarding job but that, however, was not consistently the case. Working from home definitely has its advantages but I found doing the vast majority of communication over the phone to be ineffective and hampered successfully completing a task. I missed the ability to interact with clientele and colleagues on a face-to face basis and believe my progression and success in my role did not reach its potential because of that and I was not happy.
Pros
No commuting to and from work.
Cons
Long wait/hold times to access support. Poor training.