House of Cars

House of Cars Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews

greatworkpeoplesaleownerhourjobgood

Really great!

House of Cars offered great tips and experience knowledge for me. Even though I only volunteered at House of Cars, the amount of things I learnt to do is helping me for future jobs. Going into the job everyday was new and challenged me to work at my fullest extent to ensure everything was done at a great level. Again, this is only volunteer work.

hard to cooperative work with co-workers

mostly they do not have management for some kinds of positions. and quite high pressure to work. some positions also do not have a supervisors to control. it should be educate and train how worker and co-worker handle each other.

Insights into House of Cars

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Support from manager
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Sense of belonging

Unethical ownership leads to unethical management.

While the salary is above-average for the industry, the constant fear of losing your job combined with no work/life balance wasn't worth it. Team members are promoted to managers based on friendships with owners, not on their own merit. People with no management experience are thrown into management positions and expected to shine with limited support. They are filled with false confidence leading to an inflated ego complex, refusing to accept help or admit wrongdoing. Sales people are hired solely for lead generation, and mangers do the majority of actual selling, then take away commissions from the sales people if they feel like the sales person didn't do enough work on the file. Rarely award bonuses unless begged. There is virtually no HR presence at store level. If someone has an issue, they are told to speak to their immediate supervisor only. The supervisor brings it to other managers, who tell their friends in the dealership, leading to the entire dealership knowing the issues. Issues are rarely resolved and people are fired instead. Unethical work practises are encouraged by owners in order to get the deal done. Communication between every level and department is severely lacking. You are constantly told one thing to your face, and someone else is told something completely opposite behind closed doors. Management and owners pit people against each other regularly to get their way. Lastly, there is ZERO work/life balance. Booked unpaid time off? You're still expected to log in and send daily reports every morning on time, reply to non-urgent texts and calls, -

Difficult to deal with co-worker

Never been so stressed in my life working with other people especially the salespeople most of them just didn't care about you. Thankfully my manager where nicer the reason why I stayed but lately he's been controlled by the sales manager just to do whatever they want.

Worth it

Management will ask plenty of you but don’t get it wrong; they will be with you to help you every step of the way. Mental and physical health is a priority to this company and they take good care of people who work there. It is a fast paced environment but if you are a hard worker you will be happy coming to work every morning.

Great place to work at

Fast pace but not to the point that they stress you out. Business owners were generally generous, they offer good benefits too. Very clean and well organized work place

Productive and fun

Earned management trust by becoming key-holder Maintained cleanliness and presentation of stockroom/production floor.Organized chemical racks by size,style and color to promote visually appealing environmentz

Great place to work, friendly co-workers, room for advancement, the boss is pretty flexible when it comes to time off for personal time or just a vacation

V is a great manager

Listen, it ws a great culture, fun parties, good people, but LOTS of pressure to make sales or you're out my dude. good young atmosphere, messed up tho how they keep firing ppl tho but I guess that's why they're succeeding...

Pros

Great work people, good young atmosphere

Cons

Long Hours, Pressure to sell

Great atmosphere, Even Greater People

House of Cars is a great place to work, you learn a lot in your time being there. Teach you skills not just in sales but skills you can use in your daily life as well. Owners, Management and Staff are all amazing.

Fun and educating

Learned about credit and how financing works which is great, especially that we educate our guests. Job had a lot of fun, uptone, and celebrations for good work. Environment was clean.

Pros

Enjoyable work environment

Cons

Pressure sales

Encouraged to Lie

Crooked owners. Told to flat out lie to customers. Had to always check my pay as it was never correct. Avoid this company at all costs. Nepotism !!!!!

Pros

Cons

Too Many to mention

Office Manager

- answering to all the calls - making sure all the clients are happy with our services - work place culture is great and very friendly - hardest thing about my job is the distance from my house to work and the traffic is tribble on the way back

Pros

I get to work from home 1 day a week

Cons

Pay is not that great

fast paced but fun

usually work 10+ hour days, calling customers phones off a list they give us, try to get as many people in as possible through the phone (occasionally have to text or email to get a hold of them)> Figure out what the customers want and do our best to get them in that vehicle learned perseverance, grew a lot thicker skin- need to be comfortable with rejection, learned a lot more about cars in general Management is pretty good, although you can tell when they're under stress from the owners, really understanding if you need time off Hardest part of the job would probably be the constant rejection and the long days Most enjoyable part of the job is when you sell a car and get that customer exactly what they want and help them out, the gratitude they show makes up for all the unpleasant customers

Pros

great pay

Cons

Always working

great place

loved it. was just time for change. learned alot and over all a great place to be. just wasnt for me anymore. customer interaction. fun. great people and managment

Great

Amazing staff and management very friendly. Didn't much care for chasing after people all the time to get information pertinent to the sales though. Very stressful!

Pros

Great staff

Cons

Chasing people all the time, too many hours expected

Drama filled office

Long hours, bad location placement, poorly managed schedule, didn't receive proper/enough training, staff is treated poorly, communication between staff and management is poor.

Pros

Discount on vehicles

Cons

Long hours, no good training, schedule poorly managed, drama filled atmosphere

Warming, Friendly Work Environment

Warming and very friendly work environment, enjoyed going to work everyday. Learned lots of people skills. Management was not the easiest to deal with, no care for employees

Cons

long hours, bad management

Potential could be there

Very disorganized, very dishonest but the potential to make a great income is there. Some of the staff not bad but overall brings level of energy right down.

Pros

Great Money

Cons

Poor Management

New company with lots of potential

Great owners but not well structured. Excellent staff and sales people. Very friendly co-workers and great corporate culture. However, very long hours and no benefits. No long term job security and no employment contracts were ever signed. I did all the inventory management as well as data input. Did payroll every second week. All in all, great company to work for but I am looking for a more permanent role as well as a bigger organization.

Pros

Great experience. Espicially with helping set up their head office.

Cons

Long hours and no employee benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at House of Cars. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement