Houle Electric logo

Houle Electric Pay & benefits reviews

Clear
4.0Pay & benefits

People are great but company ethics are still in the 80's

People and wage are good, work is also good as there are a number of people you can ask questions and help if needed but company honesty and benefits are tragic. Medical and Dental are Very Basic. RRSP matching is horribly dishonest as it is a holding scheme.

Run away

Misogynistic, leadership bullying, dysfunctional, disorganized processes, unqualified managers, toxic culture, stressful, software is archaic-double-triple entry, no room for advancement, management will actually walk right past you without acknowledging your existence, father-dughter duo rule the roost.

Pros

Salary ok, but can you deal with the disfunction

Cons

Horrible working environment

Treats their systems people like garbage

A quality "Electrical" contractor but for all system they are incredibly terrible. Treat their systems people like second class citizens, all bonuses and benefits are geared towards electrical/construciton woprkers and NOT at all towards systems staff. Felt like I was left on my own to sink or swim and bullied often. No mentoring at all even though they kept claiming to offer mentoring.New management is horrible and cancelled any/all team building events permanently. No management direction at all.

Pros

Nice people, fun annual camping events

Cons

Treated horribly, no bonuses for systems people, ONLY for electrical construciton staff.

Great Company

Working at Houle was a great experience. Sometimes Management focused on the sales vs. Their employees needs. Houle is known to overwork their employees. Not enough support for staff. Company grew too big too fast, unable to keep up with the growing demand. Employees treated each other like family. You are rewarded for hard work. RRSP matching program is amazing. Company switched owners and management in 2018, maybe changes for the better have been made.

Pros

Great people, benefits

Cons

Stressful, long hours, not supported enough by management

Overall Rating 2/5

Job was stable for a while but there was not much room for advancement. The salary was not competitive enough compared to level of experience. Felt overlooked and not valued enough as an employee.

Good place to work as long as there is work

I like Electrical Company I work for as long as there's work and the job lasts long. Jobs some times run out after three to four months. Always good guys to work with.

Pros

Good Pay

Cons

Shortage of work

Having a safe day is a good way to start it and end it. While completing some tasks. I don't mind working long hours because i like money and getting lots of work done is very satisfying. so its a win win haha.

Pros

long hours and good cash

Cons

working in the rain

i liked the job

it was a good job they treated me fine. I would work with them again if I had the opportunity. It was a rainy job but we had fun and got it done.

Pros

good pay rate

Cons

the hours

Jobs at Houle Electric