Houle Electric logo
Houle Electric

Houle Electric Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
3.4Job security & advancement

Productive and good team support

A contract position, so no permanent position to fill after contract ended. But overall I gained valuable experience on working in the industry on site.

Run away

Misogynistic, leadership bullying, dysfunctional, disorganized processes, unqualified managers, toxic culture, stressful, software is archaic-double-triple entry, no room for advancement, management will actually walk right past you without acknowledging your existence, father-dughter duo rule the roost.

Pros

Salary ok, but can you deal with the disfunction

Cons

Horrible working environment

Fun and challanging place to work

Always adapting and changing with the industry Houle was a great company to work for. All the staff were friendly and it felt like a family. Only left the job because of family requirements.

Overall Rating 2/5

Job was stable for a while but there was not much room for advancement. The salary was not competitive enough compared to level of experience. Felt overlooked and not valued enough as an employee.

Good Union Employer.

Good Union Employer. Large company with great capabilities. Provides quality equipment and PPE. Good quality employees. I am now just typing to fill the word requirement.

Worked with them for 4 years

Treated me great. As long as you worked hard and didn’t screw around you were respected and treated well. Had to know the right people for promotions though. That kind of sucked.

Pros

Good pay, great front line leadership, great area super intendants

Cons

Some awful higher ups who were not qualified. All about who you blow now what you know.

Top heavy company

estimators pick and chose jobs and create a very top heavy company, guys in the field spend most of their year on unemployment while company is trying to bid the next big contract.

General design

This is electrical construction company and a lot of great projects. I believe they change a lot after these years, however, I was working there years ago.

OK place to work

Ok place to work if you want to be mediocre at your job. No room for advancement as most management positions are outsourced or given to family members. Commission structure gets changed every other year for the worse.

Pros

Good work life balance

Cons

Bad place for advancement

Good Employer

Good Employer and would encourage anyone to apply. Good environment for new electricians. Reputable and growing company. Ability to learn on the job with excellent supports.

Jobs at Houle Electric

See more jobs

A great group of people to work with

My time with Houle was spent at the Comox Valley Hospital project for nearly a year. A typical day at work consisted of bending emt and installing raceways, installing light fixtures, low voltage wiring and data wiring. I learned a lot while with Houle especially about bending conduit which is what I spent most of my time doing. I got along great with the management and had very few issues if any at all. Workplace culture was good especially considering it was such a big jobsite, all trades and coworkers got along for the most part. The hardest part of the job for me was commuting over an hour each way without being compensated for it by my union. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people with similar interests in career and lifestyle!

Excellent apprenticeship and Leadership training

Extensive experiences in commercial installations and great learning value. Fantastic co-workers and team leads, always supporting, mentoring and motivating to improve, work safe and practice good work.

Good Experience

I liked working for the company. The pay was good, the culture was good, and I was kept on large projects, which is always a nice thing. Not a lot off pressure either,

It's a camp job

As far as construction goes it was a very diigent company and workers responded well with management and worked well together with a great safety track record.

Great Team

I only worked there for two weeks for the Work experience portion of my Electrician Foundation Studies but found the company to be well managed, mannerly and efficient. I felt welcome and useful and I am even grateful for the opportunity received.

A typical day at work

Life is boring, i have always needed something to keep life interesting. Giving life purpose by solving questions no one else knows the answer too, has always given me the pat on the back that entices more excellence...

Pros

Work and more work i love it..

Cons

travel time...

Great, Friendly Place!

Houle Electric was an amazing first experience working. My boss was amazing and I gained a reference. I gained loads of experience and had fun doing it.

Houle Kitimat

Houle is a good to place to work for construction electricians. A diverse group of electrician for across the country. Opportunities for apprentices are good.

Pros

Good work environment

Cons

To many young formen

very good work shop.

very happy to have had the chance to work for this company. gained substantial amount of experiences. it consist of a very good and knowledgeable group of hard working guys.

Pros

fre lunch ocasionaly

Cons

non

most organized, well managed

best co workers, very interesting learn new things and always had a keen interest in electrical trade. would like to learn more and become a certified red seal electrician.

Pros

wage and work in town

Cons

slow at times

Great company culture

Houle is a great company who cares about their employees. They are invested in your learning and training you to be a great electrician.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houle Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement