Houle Electric logo
Houle Electric

Houle Electric Culture reviews

Clear

A great place to work

I very much enjoyed working for Houle. The staff was pleasant and the culture is positive. They encourage a work life balance and treat the staff very well. The office is beautiful and the summer BBQ’s are a great thing for all employees to enjoy on an amazing deck outside. The gym is another perk of working at the head office location. I would highly recommend for everyone to work for Houle if given the opportunity.

Pros

Lots of staff functions

Cons

Long commute.

Run away

Misogynistic, leadership bullying, dysfunctional, disorganized processes, unqualified managers, toxic culture, stressful, software is archaic-double-triple entry, no room for advancement, management will actually walk right past you without acknowledging your existence, father-dughter duo rule the roost.

Pros

Salary ok, but can you deal with the disfunction

Cons

Horrible working environment

Fun and challanging place to work

Always adapting and changing with the industry Houle was a great company to work for. All the staff were friendly and it felt like a family. Only left the job because of family requirements.

Overall Rating 2/5

Job was stable for a while but there was not much room for advancement. The salary was not competitive enough compared to level of experience. Felt overlooked and not valued enough as an employee.

A great group of people to work with

My time with Houle was spent at the Comox Valley Hospital project for nearly a year. A typical day at work consisted of bending emt and installing raceways, installing light fixtures, low voltage wiring and data wiring. I learned a lot while with Houle especially about bending conduit which is what I spent most of my time doing. I got along great with the management and had very few issues if any at all. Workplace culture was good especially considering it was such a big jobsite, all trades and coworkers got along for the most part. The hardest part of the job for me was commuting over an hour each way without being compensated for it by my union. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people with similar interests in career and lifestyle!

Good learning environment

Good site lots of helpful workmates, foreman were all very helpful and understanding and willing to help with any problems. Didn't just delegate to another employee

Pros

Great people to work with

Excellent apprenticeship and Leadership training

Extensive experiences in commercial installations and great learning value. Fantastic co-workers and team leads, always supporting, mentoring and motivating to improve, work safe and practice good work.

Good Experience

I liked working for the company. The pay was good, the culture was good, and I was kept on large projects, which is always a nice thing. Not a lot off pressure either,

proactive and pleasant environment

simple day at work safety meetings,management easy to talk too . company willing to train in different areas of work. co workers always willing to helping out each other ...

Hard working employees, Professional managers, and completely organized

Hard working, high volume of work, and daily meeting at 6:30 am!! All in a friendly and positive work place. I proud to be a part of this team at Holue.

Jobs at Houle Electric