Houle Electric

Houle Electric Employee Reviews for Apprentice Electrician

A great group of people to work with

My time with Houle was spent at the Comox Valley Hospital project for nearly a year. A typical day at work consisted of bending emt and installing raceways, installing light fixtures, low voltage wiring and data wiring. I learned a lot while with Houle especially about bending conduit which is what I spent most of my time doing. I got along great with the management and had very few issues if any at all. Workplace culture was good especially considering it was such a big jobsite, all trades and coworkers got along for the most part. The hardest part of the job for me was commuting over an hour each way without being compensated for it by my union. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people with similar interests in career and lifestyle!

Great work experience

A typical day consist of going over a Field Level Risk Assessment to recognize and prevent injuries in the workplace. Organizing and allocating materials for efficient work flow. I learned to become independent and adaptable to many different obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job is physically seeing progress in my work and learning new ways to improve my approach on certain problems.

Pros

Safety conscious

Cons

Physically tiring

Good learning environment

Good site lots of helpful workmates, foreman were all very helpful and understanding and willing to help with any problems. Didn't just delegate to another employee

Pros

Great people to work with

Excellent apprenticeship and Leadership training

Extensive experiences in commercial installations and great learning value. Fantastic co-workers and team leads, always supporting, mentoring and motivating to improve, work safe and practice good work.

Good work environment and workers

The work on site was fairly good it terms of making sure the specific areas people were at where safe and workable. We did a lot of cable pulls through pull pits which was fine because i did not mind getting wet or dirty. My co-workers for the most part were very helpful and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was the weather because it was, for 1) either 35 degrees or raining all the time and for 2) was the down time. It made days seem longer then they were when you told to wait for other crews in you area to finish up so you can begin your work. My thinking is, I like to keep busy so if possible, i will find some other work to do until I`m able to get back to my original task.

Pros

Free breakfasts, lunches, dinners, free flights, good people, hard work, co

Cons

distance from home, travel time and delays, weather, down time on site.

It's a camp job

As far as construction goes it was a very diigent company and workers responded well with management and worked well together with a great safety track record.

Great Team

I only worked there for two weeks for the Work experience portion of my Electrician Foundation Studies but found the company to be well managed, mannerly and efficient. I felt welcome and useful and I am even grateful for the opportunity received.

Having a safe day is a good way to start it and end it. While completing some tasks. I don't mind working long hours because i like money and getting lots of work done is very satisfying. so its a win win haha.

Pros

long hours and good cash

Cons

working in the rain

Great people to work for always busy

Working for Houle was I learnt a lot of new things in the electrical trade and got a long with the people I worked with. Many tasks and responsibilities on the site that developed my problem solving abilities and priorities.

very good work shop.

very happy to have had the chance to work for this company. gained substantial amount of experiences. it consist of a very good and knowledgeable group of hard working guys.

Pros

fre lunch ocasionaly

Cons

non

Great company culture

Houle is a great company who cares about their employees. They are invested in your learning and training you to be a great electrician.

good working employees, challenging jobs

fast paced environment, good communication between workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houle Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement