Houle Electric

Houle Electric Employee Reviews in Kitimat, BC

Productive and good team support

A contract position, so no permanent position to fill after contract ended. But overall I gained valuable experience on working in the industry on site.

Worked with them for 4 years

Treated me great. As long as you worked hard and didn’t screw around you were respected and treated well. Had to know the right people for promotions though. That kind of sucked.

Pros

Good pay, great front line leadership, great area super intendants

Cons

Some awful higher ups who were not qualified. All about who you blow now what you know.

Hard work, Decent pay

Hard work, decent pay. Shift work and camp environment so you didn't see family very often. Management often seemed lost but answered any questions to the best of their ability or got back to you with in the day, especially when it comes to safety.

Good work environment and workers

The work on site was fairly good it terms of making sure the specific areas people were at where safe and workable. We did a lot of cable pulls through pull pits which was fine because i did not mind getting wet or dirty. My co-workers for the most part were very helpful and fun to be around. The hardest part of the job was the weather because it was, for 1) either 35 degrees or raining all the time and for 2) was the down time. It made days seem longer then they were when you told to wait for other crews in you area to finish up so you can begin your work. My thinking is, I like to keep busy so if possible, i will find some other work to do until I`m able to get back to my original task.

Pros

Free breakfasts, lunches, dinners, free flights, good people, hard work, co

Cons

distance from home, travel time and delays, weather, down time on site.

It's a camp job

As far as construction goes it was a very diigent company and workers responded well with management and worked well together with a great safety track record.

proactive and pleasant environment

simple day at work safety meetings,management easy to talk too . company willing to train in different areas of work. co workers always willing to helping out each other ...

Some great people but terrible foremans

They paid particularly well but at the same time they expected you to be not a minute late on break, if you were you were written up. A ton of bag lickers shooting for foreman that will take credit for your own work, talk behind your back, and throw you under the bus at any turn. I don't know why, but houle loves to promote those people to foreman positions, be warned.

Pros

money

Cons

bad supervision (from my expirience)

Excellent Contractor

Solid leadership with a focus on safety and customer service .Strong focus on accountability tempered with a safety mindset and quality work . Large industrial job , well organized, plenty of resources .

i liked the job

it was a good job they treated me fine. I would work with them again if I had the opportunity. It was a rainy job but we had fun and got it done.

Pros

good pay rate

Cons

the hours

They get good work

I don't know how they do it but they are getting really good work all over BC. If you want to work 20-8 and want to get recognized for good efforts then they are your company. I always enjoyed my work with them even if they seem to bite off more than they can chew sometimes

Pros

Lots of overtime

Cons

Shifts are usually 20-8

Jobs at Houle Electric