Houle Electric
View all Houle Electric reviews

Houle Electric

Houle Electric Employee Review

Great work experience

A typical day consist of going over a Field Level Risk Assessment to recognize and prevent injuries in the workplace. Organizing and allocating materials for efficient work flow. I learned to become independent and adaptable to many different obstacles. The most enjoyable part of the job is physically seeing progress in my work and learning new ways to improve my approach on certain problems.

Pros

Safety conscious

Cons

Physically tiring

4.0Job security/advancement

Same role

A great group of people to work with

My time with Houle was spent at the Comox Valley Hospital project for nearly a year. A typical day at work consisted of bending emt and installing raceways, installing light fixtures, low voltage wiring and data wiring. I learned a lot while with Houle especially about bending conduit which is what I spent most of my time doing. I got along great with the management and had very few issues if any at all. Workplace culture was good especially considering it was such a big jobsite, all trades and coworkers got along for the most part. The hardest part of the job for me was commuting over an hour each way without being compensated for it by my union. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people with similar interests in career and lifestyle!
Same role

Good learning environment

Good site lots of helpful workmates, foreman were all very helpful and understanding and willing to help with any problems. Didn't just delegate to another employee

Pros

Great people to work with

Same location

Run away

Misogynistic, leadership bullying, dysfunctional, disorganized processes, unqualified managers, toxic culture, stressful, software is archaic-double-triple entry, no room for advancement, management will actually walk right past you without acknowledging your existence, father-dughter duo rule the roost.

Pros

Salary ok, but can you deal with the disfunction

Cons

Horrible working environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houle Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement