Houle Electric
View all Houle Electric reviews

Houle Electric

Houle Electric Employee Review

Great Company

Working at Houle was a great experience. Sometimes Management focused on the sales vs. Their employees needs. Houle is known to overwork their employees. Not enough support for staff. Company grew too big too fast, unable to keep up with the growing demand. Employees treated each other like family. You are rewarded for hard work. RRSP matching program is amazing. Company switched owners and management in 2018, maybe changes for the better have been made.

Pros

Great people, benefits

Cons

Stressful, long hours, not supported enough by management

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive and good team support

A contract position, so no permanent position to fill after contract ended. But overall I gained valuable experience on working in the industry on site.
Same location

Good Experience

I liked working for the company. The pay was good, the culture was good, and I was kept on large projects, which is always a nice thing. Not a lot off pressure either,
Same location

Great co-workers, terrible management and clueless foreman

I worked with Houle Electric in Kelowna after moving up to the Okanagan. Co-workers were friendly and knowledgable, ranging in age. I dealt with two foreman on two different job sites. One was quite young and knowledgable in the trade but didn't know what was going on with the site. The other didn't have a clue about what was going on, was totally overwhelmed and took it out on his employees like a child. The management above the foremen was no better, clueless, cheap and didn't want to listen to any of the problems.

Pros

Good pay, friendly co-workers

Cons

Long hours, terrible foreman and management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Houle Electric. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4Job security/advancement