Hotel X Toronto Employee Reviews

Worst place ever.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 March 2019
At a glance, seems nice, inviting and clean. The truth of matter is management is terrible, place is dirty. Don't take my word for it. Look at their turnover.
Pros
Can't recall.
Cons
They don't tell you everything.
Career Development opportunities
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2019
As this is one of the newest Hotels in downtown Toronto, there are a lot of learning opportunities and career and professional development opportunities.
Pros
Free meals, Insurance, Employee Parking for a fee
Not good if you work for security
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Lakeshore, ON26 January 2019
90,000 square feet, Have fun patrolling that.
only 2 security staff for the entire complex not to mention they have 3 bar floors. also good luck dealing with intoxicated people all the time.
starting pay is very low compared to other hotels, 18 per hour.
also not pleasant to during the winter if your not driving.
the place looks cool tho.
Pros
looks nice
Cons
the work, the pay, the size of the property, the location
Official response from Hotel X Toronto
28 February 2019

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share a few more details regarding our security team and work environment.

We do have a vast complex at our unique lakeside hotel, with extraordinary resort-style amenities, but I would like to clarify on some of the details mentioned here.

We have a core security team of 8 people and we staff based on occupancy and events on site, so while the minimum staffing of security team members on a shift may be as low as two, we add more people to a shift whenever the activity in the hotel warrants it. We also add third party security if activities for the day require additional support for our core team. Our starting hourly rate is $20.83 and this seems to be competitive, if not among the highest paying hotels in Downtown Toronto. We hope that qualified candidates will come and take a look for themselves to see all that we offer to those who wish to join the team at Hotel X Toronto.

Great Place
Sales (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2017
Great team with a family style attitude. Office space is brand new and is very luxurious and is high tech. Lots of great perks and benefits. Management is friendly and is there to help you if you need it.
Exciting, Challenging and Rewarding.
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 December 2017
Working on the pre-opening team for Hotel X Toronto has been an invaluable learning experience thus far. It's a challenging, fast-paced, yet rewarding work environment with great opportunities for career progression. I feel privileged to work alongside a dynamic, dedicated and genuine team of professionals who always make coming to work enjoyable!
Pros
Great work-culture & work-life balance + a fantastic team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotel X Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.

Hotel X Toronto Reviews by Location