Hotel X Toronto

Hotel X Toronto Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment most of the time

The schedule took over my life. No time for the social gathering. It was a good experience though. I learned a lot about the job and I met many friendly people.

Pros

Free food, good paid, benefits

Cons

Schedule

Bad place to work

This hotel is the worst place to work, I worked in the housekeeping sector of the hotel and the manager was very ignorant of people, he yells and cheats people in an extremely unprofessional way. All employees work with fear and do not report because many of the employees work illegally, without documents through an agency, because of this the manager mistreats people, and registered employees just like me, we are treated like garbage. I wish people see and give up to work in a place like that. They talk a lot about a good relationship with the customer but the management team doe not have the same idea as the employee team.

Ambiente de trabajo bajo presion, pero muy dinamico.

Es un trabajo pesado por que todo el dia estas en movimiento de piso en piso, atendiendo a los huéspedes, checando la alberca, que todo este bien surtido.

Pros

Buen sueldo

Cons

Muy cansado

Terrible Environment

They love to lie and belittle employees. Don’t take your feelings into consideration. Micro management and nepotism at it’s worst! Management is terrible and everyone is very fake. Some employees were nice but that’s about it. Overpriced and overrated opulent hotel. Truly nothing special about this place.

Great workplace culture

The staff are great and the management team are very helpful. It is a great place to work and everyone feels like they are part of your family. Food is included which is a plus.

Reception

This type of work requires a lot of time and sacrifice, because professionals in this area have been doing their best to enhance the company, because the administrative work of a company starts at the reception, which is why we are obliged to do our best at all times

Won't recommend.

The job is killing in the business season. Won't recommend to a friend. Managers won't give you proper respect. Most people don't stay long enough, specially if you are direct hire it will be really challenging to pass the prohibition period.

Pros

Paid well

Cons

Too stressfull and managers will miss behave at times.

great benefits and competitive salaries

Great benefits and competitive salaries. Company is continuously growing which can be good for advancement but hard to keep up with the new standard procedures.

Extremely Proud to Call Hotel X Toronto Home!

Having worked for the hotel now for a year, I can honestly say what a difference a year makes! I defy you to show me any property, let alone one as audacious and daring as Hotel X, that doesn't have growing pains. Is there a bit of a disconnect between certain departments? Yes. Is it getting better? 100% Every hotel has its own challenges from department to department. It was rough coming out of the gate in 2018, but we've got through them and those that come out the other side are WAY better off and better equipped both personally and professionally. This is great camaraderie and a sense of pride from the staff and management that befits a property as beautiful and impressive as Hotel X Toronto. I'm delighted I made the switch to take on this challenge and encourage others with a true passion for hospitality to do the same. It's the closest thing to working at a true resort that you'll find in Toronto!

Great people to work with.

Great team to work with. Since it's a new hotel there's only room to grow and advance. Good salary and great benefits. Free lunch. Personal days and paid vacation days.

Fun Place to work

I was so sorry to leave my Housekeeping Family at Hotel X Toronto! Thank you to the wonderful Team and Management I will miss you all very much. The Best Team I have ever worked with!

Pros

Free Lunch, Great Bennifits and Pay Rates

Worst place ever.

At a glance, seems nice, inviting and clean. The truth of matter is management is terrible, place is dirty. Don't take my word for it. Look at their turnover.

Pros

Can't recall.

Cons

They don't tell you everything.

Career Development opportunities

As this is one of the newest Hotels in downtown Toronto, there are a lot of learning opportunities and career and professional development opportunities.

Pros

Free meals, Insurance, Employee Parking for a fee

Not good if you work for security

90,000 square feet, Have fun patrolling that. only 2 security staff for the entire complex not to mention they have 3 bar floors. also good luck dealing with intoxicated people all the time. starting pay is very low compared to other hotels, 18 per hour. also not pleasant to during the winter if your not driving. the place looks cool tho.

Pros

looks nice

Cons

the work, the pay, the size of the property, the location

Official response from Hotel X Toronto

28 February 2019
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to share a few more details regarding our security team and work environment.We do have a vast complex at our unique lakeside hotel, with extraordinary resort-style amenities, but I would like to clarify on some of the details mentioned here. We have a core security team of 8 people and we staff based on occupancy and events on site, so while the minimum staffing of security team members on a shift may be as low as two, we add more people to a shift whenever the activity in the hotel warrants it. We also add third party security if activities for the day require additional support for our core team. Our starting hourly rate is $20.83 and this seems to be competitive, if not among the highest paying hotels in Downtown Toronto. We hope that qualified candidates will come and take a look for themselves to see all that we offer to those who wish to join the team at Hotel X Toronto.

Great Place

Great team with a family style attitude. Office space is brand new and is very luxurious and is high tech. Lots of great perks and benefits. Management is friendly and is there to help you if you need it.

Exciting, Challenging and Rewarding.

Working on the pre-opening team for Hotel X Toronto has been an invaluable learning experience thus far. It's a challenging, fast-paced, yet rewarding work environment with great opportunities for career progression. I feel privileged to work alongside a dynamic, dedicated and genuine team of professionals who always make coming to work enjoyable!

Pros

Great work-culture & work-life balance + a fantastic team!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotel X Toronto. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement