Building Maintenance for a 5 star Hotel in Winnipeg
Power Engineer (Former Employee) – Winnipeg, MB – 3 September 2017
- typical day is start the routine checks of the boilers, pumps, motors, swimming pool PH, then doing the rounds on the other public places of the hotel, such as restaurants, kitchen, laundry area, and lastly the work assigned.
- learned a lot about building maintenance which I can apply to caring for my own home.
- management is an equal opportunity employer.
- good place for advancement if I desire. The management considers internal staff first before looking for external positions to fill.
- hardest part of the job is to place chemicals to the boiler, which is dangerous, in some sense, if one is not conscious or careful of the work procedures.
- the most enjoyable part of the job is to reach level where I just maintain equipment in good working order. Also learning on the job skills.
generous company benefits, graduated paid breaks and day offs, pension.
politics within the ranks.