Hotel Rialto

Hotel Rialto Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
Always a good day, no matter what
No matter what the day held in store I was always happy to come into work and see my coworkers.
I never went home worried about guest issues as the team there had each others backs.

Management was always upfront and honest about what was happening concerning the hotel and never once felt uncomfortable about speaking with them if there was a concern.

Frequent guests were like family and the workplace culture was positive and supportive with no need for competition.

Hardest part of the job was managing guests complaints regarding certain expectations as a boutique hotel does provide a unique experience in comparison to a branded hotel.
Pros
Boutique hotel with amazing staff
Cons
Boutique hotel
I would not reccomend
Management is all over the board and doesn't take responsibility for everything. Severely underpaid staff for what they expect of you, especially in comparison to other hotels in the area. Benefits is very minimal. The only thing that is good is the co-workers.
Fast Paced and Stressful, However Flexible Hours and Great if you Hate People
Pays a bit over minimum wage, some opportunities for advancement and pay rise. However you have to work quite hard. Management is okay. Seems great if you hate people, not much customer interaction.
Drama equivalent to highschool
Little to no management over the employees behaviour. Was hired for full time, hardly ever got full time hours. A lot of girls felt like their tips were being taken from the rooms. Manager could be sick or leave early whenever she wanted, but if you called in sick you were treated very poorly when you got back. We recieved a lot of complaints about cleanliness but were never given the time to do a good job. Not worth the pay at all.
Great work enviroment
Boutique Hotel with Bar and Restaurant
Was able to be completely involved with the Hotel renovation in

2009 and again in 2018

Very family like work atmosphere
Some issues
Beautiful building to work at but staff got too personal with each other and some abused their privileges. Made for an awkward and negative environment. Management handles issues poorly.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Staff
Great Place to work at
Enjoyed to time time I worked there. Loved the family like atmosphere while working there. If I ever get the chance to go back again I would.
Pros
family like environment
Cons
not enough hours
It was good enough
Company cut everybody's hours by 1 hour everyday to be considered "part time" so benefits wouldn't be issued at any point. Felt like it cheated the system.
Was not all too willing to work with my availability restrictions.

Some co-workers did not look out for each other as much as I would of enjoyed. Uniform was improper fitting for all co-workers. Equipment did not always work properly
Pros
free soup and 1/2 price everything else on menu
Excellent Work Environment
I can't say enough about what a great place the Hotel Rialto was to work. The management was so fair and accommodating. Unfortunately, the wage provided was not enough to match cost of living. However, it was likely average compared with other boutique hotels. Staff was fabulous and I enjoyed the diversity of the job very much.
Pros
Great People
Cons
Low Wages