HOTEL GRAND PACIFIC

HOTEL GRAND PACIFIC Employee Reviews

Welcoming and structured

Loved my experience working in the pastry department. Everyone was welcoming and nice to be around. Well structured and managed. Would recommend this as a work place to anyone!

Roller Coaster

The people and staff are great. But some people do not like some departments and managements. Poor supports and some are not great team players. It really depends who is working with you.

Friendly workplace Culture, good management, great benefit, could be busy during the summer time, depends on department, Great place to have a part time job for sure.

Fair wage

Not an easy job but it pays well. Not recommended for students (unless you can easily balance your time) because it's super exhausting and some of the stuff you do isn't particularly easy.

Management is not great

They bully you. The only way you can move up is having open availability. The whole “ we can accommodate your schedule” is a lie. I suggest not applying here if you are in school, or hoping to have two days off in a row. The coworkers are great but other than that not a great work environment. And when I complained about my boss’ behaviour and treatment towards me to HR she felt hostile and not helpful.

Official response from HOTEL GRAND PACIFIC

18 October 2019
We are saddened to read this review about your work experience at the Hotel Grand Pacific. We strive every day to do what is fair for all our employees while maintaining service levels required by our business. You are right in stating restricting ones work availability for any reason over the busier days does limit our ability to offer full-time work.We do wish you the best of luck finding full-time work while maintaining your other commitments.

Cannot say enough positive things!!

I worked at the Hotel Grand Pacific for 7 full years but left to follow the allure of one of the "big chains". After 6 years away, I am back and sooo glad that I am. I can summarize what you will find here in one word "Genuine". All of the staff and management genuinely care for each other and for the guests that stay. There is no need for an institutionalized education program that tries to promote engagement as the culture here exudes "engagement". I have seen first hand how management cares for staff and how warm and welcoming everyone is. If you are looking for an opportunity to truly be a part of a team that works together to help each other and to help make guests have an amazing time, look no further.

Pros

Warm welcoming colleagues

Great People

Everyone is friendly, I really felt welcomed from the first day. My training was good and the department is organized which makes the job easier. I'm glad I made the move to this hotel.

Pros

Good Pay, Friendly People, Nice Manager

Cons

Seniority rules

Fun & friendly co-workers. Good pay & benefits

I worked at the front desk five years ago and still know people that work there now. It has a friendly work environment. Management are very approachable and truly care about the employees. Felt like a valued member of the hotel team and miss working there. Hotel discounts and industry perks are great for an independent property and I miss the extended benefits. My current employer doesn't pay for as much as the Hotel Grand Pacific did.

Pros

Great team environment. Beautiful property to work at

Cons

Can work overtime in the summer months when its gets extreemly busy

Lack of communication

The hotel grand pacific is a nice hotel in general, but their current restaurant manager is a clueless one. There is a big lack of communication, often staff is not notified about changes to menu of politics. The management blame everyone else for their mistake instead of assuming responsibility. Often throwing the assistant manager or manager of other department under the bus.

Pros

good wage

Cons

seniority based on date of hire, incompetant management, directionless, no progression, clicky

Great People

I've worked in hotels all over the globe and have to say this is my favourite....the people are great, very welcoming and friendly. I eat lunch with General Manager on a regular basis in the employee breakroom....he is very sincere and approachable not a snob like at other hotels. My fav benefit is the gym membership - really amazing gym and pool. Only downside is the jerk who runs the union...but he's easy enough to avoid.

Pros

Gym membership

Jobs at HOTEL GRAND PACIFIC