HOTEL GRAND PACIFIC Employee Reviews

Great People
Server (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC2 April 2019
Everyone is friendly, I really felt welcomed from the first day. My training was good and the department is organized which makes the job easier. I'm glad I made the move to this hotel.
Pros
Good Pay, Friendly People, Nice Manager
Cons
Seniority rules
Fun & friendly co-workers. Good pay & benefits
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 April 2018
I worked at the front desk five years ago and still know people that work there now. It has a friendly work environment. Management are very approachable and truly care about the employees. Felt like a valued member of the hotel team and miss working there.

Hotel discounts and industry perks are great for an independent property and I miss the extended benefits. My current employer doesn't pay for as much as the Hotel Grand Pacific did.
Pros
Great team environment. Beautiful property to work at
Cons
Can work overtime in the summer months when its gets extreemly busy
Lack of communication
Dinning room waiter (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC30 March 2018
The hotel grand pacific is a nice hotel in general, but their current restaurant manager is a clueless one. There is a big lack of communication, often staff is not notified about changes to menu of politics. The management blame everyone else for their mistake instead of assuming responsibility. Often throwing the assistant manager or manager of other department under the bus.
Pros
good wage
Cons
seniority based on date of hire, incompetant management, directionless, no progression, clicky
Great People
Guest Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC5 December 2016
I've worked in hotels all over the globe and have to say this is my favourite....the people are great, very welcoming and friendly. I eat lunch with General Manager on a regular basis in the employee breakroom....he is very sincere and approachable not a snob like at other hotels. My fav benefit is the gym membership - really amazing gym and pool. Only downside is the jerk who runs the union...but he's easy enough to avoid.
Pros
Gym membership
Great Place to work
CONFERENCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC15 September 2014
Great training and standards in place. Location and building are very beautiful Proud to say I worked here.
Pros
Discounted staff meals
Cons
Heavy workload