Hotel Dieu Grace HealthCare Employee Reviews in Windsor, ON

Preceptor nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON30 April 2019
Staff is friendly, management takes time to listen to team concerns and focus on individual strengths. Would recommend working here long term. Salary and benefits are great,
Very Busy Workplace
Manager (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 September 2018
Typical day at work is very busy, lots going on and a very big campus. Management is approachable. Sometimes waiting for follow up if get any at all. Workplace culture seems to be okay, strong unionized environment. Hardest part of the job is dealing with staff concerns, patient concerns, tedious admin tasks, and not using my hard earned skills on a regular basis. Enjoyable part of the job is the fast paced environment and beautiful, clean facility.
Productive and informative.
Clinical Student (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 September 2018
Usually i assisted in daily duties in the Health Information Management Department like admission, discharge and release of information. Excellent work environment, friendly co-workers and i gained hands-on experience. Learning new things everyday was the most enjoyable part and as well as challenging.
Pros
Made friends
Cons
Short hours
excellent clinical placement and amazing learning experience
head to toe assessments and vital signs (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 September 2018
My first precept rotation was at this place. I had the opportunity to apply all the theory base knowledge into practice like Med administration, complete head to toe assessment, dressing, documentation.
Pros
lots of opportunities for students to learn
Cons
more than four clients per nurse
unable to coment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON13 July 2018
Work is 9-5 for front line staff. Managers have overtime.

Work life balance should be priority.

Managers try their best. However if you fail to have a leader at the top you will fail. Leadership should always be a priority in any organization.

Culture is set by a strong leader. If you have that you will be very successful.

Hardest part...not having a strong leader :( Lots of opportunity..

Most enjoyable....seeing kids play and have fun. I had a colleague that shared the same views that I have. We worked hard and wanted the best for the kids and families that we served.
Good
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON14 June 2017
Worked during clinical hours for schooling. Seems like a nice place to work with good nurses and other staff members. Busy place with many different kinds of floors.
What I learned
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Windsor13 June 2017
What I learned from working here is basically the essentials for nursing and nursing ethics. This organization allows for a competent workplace environment.
Good wage and friendly people
Cafeteria Aide (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON3 November 2016
Great place to work other than the management.

The staff is amazing and these people are the ones who will make your day however the management is poor and wont listen or make much needed changes when you go to them.

Wage is great and sustainable but no room for advancement.
Great Career
Transfers
Doctors orders
Toileting
Health teaching.
Best part is giving 100% total care to my patients and the hardest is talking with families about patients declining status