Hotel Dieu Grace HealthCare

Hotel Dieu Grace HealthCare Employee Reviews

Canada35 reviews
Typical Radiology department
Typical radiology department, great staff to work with, overall administration is struggling with decreasing budgets, increasing workload. Overall an average workplace.
Fast Paced, stressful working environment
Very busy place. High stress and not much support. Strong union environment. Constantly changing things. Good pay rate, RRSP and benefit packages. Top Heavy.
good placement location
great location to apply skills for nursing students in caring for rehabilitation patients. staff is friendly and willing to share their knowledge and answer questions
I worked in student placement internship.
I enjoyed working there, people were friendly for most part, relaxed environment. Csn be confusing at Start finding floors, proper buildings but signage is descriptive and helpful.
I gained valuable experience working in hospital.
Great Work Culture
Everyone is friendly, helpful, and professional. Most managers are supportive with your family/work life balance. Good wages and benefit package, along with pension.
Highly accredited healthcare organization
Very highly accredited and pleasant workplace. Excellent senior leadership with keen strategic vision. Socially responsible organization doing great things for the community.
Productive and Safe enviroment to work
The environment is very safe and it is well maintained by the appointed people. The staff is very helpful and work together as a team for the desired goal.
Pros
Free parking
Cons
Long Hours
Excellent Place to Work
Excellent Management and a great place to work. Salary is a little low compared to private sector. Strong executive leadership and generally pleasant workforce.
amazing, friendly staff

-very busy place

-organized

-great doctors

...........
Staff is friendly, management takes time to listen to team concerns and focus on individual strengths. Would recommend working here long term. Salary and benefits are great,
Very Busy Workplace
Typical day at work is very busy, lots going on and a very big campus. Management is approachable. Sometimes waiting for follow up if get any at all. Workplace culture seems to be okay, strong unionized environment. Hardest part of the job is dealing with staff concerns, patient concerns, tedious admin tasks, and not using my hard earned skills on a regular basis. Enjoyable part of the job is the fast paced environment and beautiful, clean facility.
Productive and informative.
Usually i assisted in daily duties in the Health Information Management Department like admission, discharge and release of information. Excellent work environment, friendly co-workers and i gained hands-on experience. Learning new things everyday was the most enjoyable part and as well as challenging.
Pros
Made friends
Cons
Short hours
excellent clinical placement and amazing learning experience
My first precept rotation was at this place. I had the opportunity to apply all the theory base knowledge into practice like Med administration, complete head to toe assessment, dressing, documentation.
Pros
lots of opportunities for students to learn
Cons
more than four clients per nurse
unable to coment
Work is 9-5 for front line staff. Managers have overtime.

Work life balance should be priority.

Managers try their best. However if you fail to have a leader at the top you will fail. Leadership should always be a priority in any organization.

Culture is set by a strong leader. If you have that you will be very successful.

Hardest part...not having a strong leader :( Lots of opportunity..

Most enjoyable....seeing kids play and have fun. I had a colleague that shared the same views that I have. We worked hard and wanted the best for the kids and families that we served.
productive and fun place to work
This is an excellent place to work at. it is always very neat and the workers there are very collaborative. Working there was a great experience for me.
Pros
nice workers
Cons
hand sanitizers have a terrible smell
Very rewarding place to work
Very organized staff, everyone was on the same page and willing to help out whenever needed. Treated clients and their families with respect. Sometimes went beyond to help out peers
Very Productive
Worked closely with patients and doctors Set up scheduling of outpatient testing. Directed work flow within the department..Scheduling of employee in department.Assess work load in department.take care of any problems that may arise in work day.
Excellent
Working at this hospital was excellent. Staff were like family and the Physician and Nurses worked well together. The goal was for patients and their care.
Pros
Excellent
Cons
Good
Worked during clinical hours for schooling. Seems like a nice place to work with good nurses and other staff members. Busy place with many different kinds of floors.
What I learned
What I learned from working here is basically the essentials for nursing and nursing ethics. This organization allows for a competent workplace environment.
ER Transporter
I absolutely loved this hospital! I worked there for ten years, I worked 8 hour days as an ER Transporter as well as an ICU Ward-Aide while attending Nursing School. I learned to work fast and efficiently while maintaining a calm and professional composure. Management knew everyone on a one-on-one basis and they were incredible! Workplace culture was perfect and everyone helped everyone all the time. The hardest part of the job was it was physically straining, but it was hands down the best job I ever had, it was fun, staff was friendly and the hospital just felt like "home!"
Pros
Wonderful Staff
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hotel Dieu Grace HealthCare. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3